Gilmore style?

A long version, made short…
At least the lady is still in it…

Sorry Koen… but these guys are using your charcoal gasifier reactor or is another design?

These are al mine, build them myself.

at inventors day, but proud at the students…

A lot of promising contacts are made, including the biggest company of Thailand, PTT Oil, to introduce this technology in their program for sustainable energy.

Now today the awards at the finals of the Junior Inventors VEC 2015, Royal family handing the awards

The waste plastic and charcoal unit received the honor award, junior inventor VEC 2015 Bangkok Thailand.
well done students

I am amazed that the " charcoal/ plastic" design won out of all your displays. Not that it isn’t deserving, but did they understand the ingenuity that went into the other programs? To me, getting a 2 stroke to run on CO without sizing up the engine. And the compactness of all your designs and the usability of all of them in your country. Maybe I will have to come over and “sweet” talk that lovely administer.

YOU CAINT WIN THEM ALL AND THERE IS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENTS HOPEFULLY, GOOD JOB KOEN AND CLASS

The best feeling came from participating and putting there work on display and i am sure many more positive will come from those students.

Lets make them drive on wood shall we ? (the black, dark tempting substance, hidden inside of wood i mean)

For transit any more, people driveing 20-50 miles for a job theses days. DRIVE ON WOOD ,hope too have the learning curve up too speed this spring and early summer.

Congratulations to you and all the students. Great work.

Hi Koen, Just what does the wining device of this event do? Something with waste plastic and charcoal, but what is the product/ purpose? Because your “team” did not win, they will most likely be back the next time. This will give wood power even more exposure as they demonstrate to another audience.
Your team may not have officially won, but we all think you did!
Gary in PA

The winning device, has at the outside a charcoal reactor, to make charcoal gas, the inside is an Pyrolise reactor.
We mix the pyrolyse gasses with the incoming air from the charcoal gasifier and crack everything into “syngas”

With the correct temperature and correct amount of plastic/charcoal ratio you obtain shaft energy in your IC engine.
In this case the electric generator.

No fumes escape, only ashes as final product.

Koen, looks like you have been thinking outside the box with all the devices you were able to display at the inventors show.
I have built several simple fire and have had Gary help me put one together at Argos a couple years ago I was wondering
if you have ever used tig cups on your fire tube? I think Troy Martz was using them but can"t find any updates from him I
bought some #10.#12 and #15 size to try now we use black iron pipe wrapped in stainless or just use the pipe and let it melt
down after about 4 hours my simple fire is SUPER SIZED it is a 100# propane tank that runs a 5000 watt generator.Keep up
good work DAN

Kind of funny that nozzles come up. I just experimented with titanium as a nozzle and it is essentially a failure. Melted down. It will not take the heat of oxidation unless the temperature was tempered with exhaust gas. The best nozzle I have found so far is fireclay or alumina tubing. Do the TIG cups come in diameters of one inch?
Koen, may I ask what you are using for a nozzle in your gasifier? My next test will probably be with a zirconium ceramic nozzle. Kind of pricey at $150 for a four inch piece. But, if it is the best, I’ll just have to bite and buy it.
Gary in PA and still experimenting!

Hi Koen, So the bottom line is you still had a hand in helping the winning team with their product? If true, that is great because it is still using a renewable resource (wood to charcoal) for energy. I have a mental image of what I think you are describing and it has my mind spinning. Thanks for being a part of the DOW crew and sharing your experiences with us. Any chance of you making it to Argos Indiana USA in May?
Gary in PA

Koen the winning device as final result must obtain charcoal not ash… surely isn’t corrected built. You understand how it is built internally? And what they are using for sent air inside? And how many noise they produce the complete reactor system? Photo of the winning device?

This unit is my personal build and it is a charcoal gasifier with a second reactor inside.
this second reactor is airtight with only a gasoutlet, conected to the airintake from the charcoal gasifier.
it can be filled with any kind of material, to be gasified with the heat of the charcoal gasifier.
this gas is preferable routed trough the glowing charcoal from the charcoal reactor, to be converted into syngas.
if the input material is clean, so wil be the output.
the goal is learning by doing.
That is utmost appreciated by most of us.
the so called shit in is shit out principle.
take care of your gasifier and it will perform accordingly.

For air intake you use an standard blower or special?

Hello Gary,Koen and Marco I’ve been trying to find 1" nozzles but to pricey so I thought I would try to reduce to 3/4" and wrap with stainless tube,has anyone tried this?
I can buy these nozzles for $3.50 at airgas.com I will let you know how it turns out .Dan

Gary, Danny, nozzles are any ceramic what i can make fit, most are fuses, sourceable at any size.
Marco, i use vacuum blowers, made to fit, at suction side of reactor