Gilmore style?

Hi Koen
What kind of “PWM” do you use to control your fan?
I would also get one to drive a 12 volt compressor.
http://www.walmart.ca/fr/ip/1/6000193008248?rrid=ClickCP|item_page.rr1|2|0

Hi Thierry,

http://www.banggood.com/6V-90V-15A-Control-PWM-DC-Motor-Speed-Regulator-Controller-Switch-p-917304.html

This is one i use most, many more available at this shop to

It says not to be used on brushless motors. Anybody know if in tank fuel pumps are brushless?

1 Like

Hi Don
as far as i know, fuel pumps are not brushless

Mr. Don
With that one I think you would have to separate the fuel pump ground from the chassis and run it back through the pwm and see if it will work. The one I tried wouldn’t work. Mr. Carl found some that work that only use 3 terminals I believe.

You never know; http://www.delphi.com/manufacturers/auto/powertrain/fuelhandling/brshls-fp

mmm, checked something, these pwm will drive the brushless INDIRECT, meaning a brushless motor which has its own electronic installed as with the dephi.
I tried it already on several brushless fan’s and it works as a charm.
A brushless , without its own electronics, will not work. I think that is where the website is referring to.

Most cpu’s from the car’s, do “switch” the negative from the pump, the positive wire leading to the fuse box.
Check which system is used by your’s and try it :wink:

All depends on your car’s wiring, which way to follow.
Basics are simple, feed the 12V thru the PWM, and connect the 12V output to your fuel pump :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for the response Koen

According to you, Little compressor I want to use is he brushes?

Should he agree to turn a gasifier ?

http://www.walmart.ca/fr/ip/1/6000193008248?rrid=ClickCP|item_page.rr1|2|0

Thierry

Yes Thierry, this one has brushes and can run the gasifier.
Its the same type i am using here

The fast startup from the cooking gasifier…
From “fire in the hole” till cooking flame… less then 45 seconds

6 Likes

I must admit it. This is my favorite thread on the site. Van Looken, you are the man.

2 Likes

Making progress in spreading the “word”

Here someone who loved to have a picture of him sitting on the Tri-cycle…
I think all like the American Style…

The General Director of The Ministry of Energy from Thailand…

8 Likes

Everyone wants to be seen as a “chopper” rider. Something to do with being manly.TomC

1 Like

Some like it hot…
Almost molten the Thermocouple… rated 1200°C, just a quick in and out…

4 Likes

Good morning Koen .

Inside the gasifier can be considered HOT AS THE HALLS OF HELL

5 Likes

After 100 year of following and studying woodgas, I have a very basic question that I have felt was to dumb to ask. But I’m not accidentally running across the answer, so I ask the dumb question. " How do these women keep from getting CO2 poisoning when cooking with charcoal or even charcoal gas from something like Koen"s gasifier???" So---- there I asked it. Sock it to me for not asking 100 years ago. TomC

3 Likes

Hi Tom,
Guessing you mean CO or Carbon Monoxide. I have a CO detector that I have been meaning to hook to my shirt while cooking spaghetti and pasta on my outdoor stove, and while dumping the char into a container. Last week a bunch of school kids were hauled to the hospital after several passed out in class due to a CO leak. They were describing the symptoms, and I said to myself, “that’s exactly how I feel after cooking on my stove”. I have never passed out, though, at least not while cooking. (I save that for my Siesta, after eating a big meal.) BTW, dear wife purchased a .410 Mossberg Pump shotgun and some special home defence shells, thanks to your recommendation. She also bought me some fresh shells for my 12 gauge…

6 Likes

Hi Tom, Ray,
Answer to the question…
CO2 is “much” more heavy then air so that tend to flow to the bottom, unless vented , it can be deadly but not as CO.
In europe we have some slaughterhouses that uses a deep pit , filled with CO2, to sedate/kill the feedstock before slaughter.

CO however, is “slightly” more light then air and will flow in the upper parts of the room. Even small amounts can pose greater danger. Therefore only in open , vented spaces.

The question was a bit tricky, CO2 or CO involved, coz the fires, used in open space or as in the question, will barely produce unburned CO.
CO2 will be produced in any situation where as Carbon combusted/oxydised or where as fermentation processes take place.

First aid, and in my opinion a must have if CO is involved: Oxygen bottle for first life saving measures

The most occuring symptom for CO intoxication is headache, this is just moments before passing out, more other symptoms can also be related to other gasses, so be aware. It is not always easy noticeable !!!

Try to stay in a room with argon leaking bottle, you will notice some of the symptoms, but not as severe, and no headache.

Trying to keep this short and save: stay well vented… Install CO detection in your house wherever open flame is involved.

4 Likes

Hi Koen
I think I read in some topics in arrears, you Regulate your temperature reactor with a PDI, a thermocouple and a solenoid valve.

Or you find that sort of kit?

I find it reassuring to have a temperature control for my first test.

Thierry

Thanks Koen and Ray. Thanks for tolerating my confusion. I thoroughly understand wood gasification but I guess my confusion is where we get partial burned carbon gases. You and I exhale CO2 and the tree take it in. But in the house when I have a fire in the fireplace I have to watch out for CO cause that can kill ya. And like the fire in the fire place, sniff’n on the tail pipe of a running car is the same. Why didn’t that CO all change to CO2 when it came in contact with air (O2) This is rhetorical just trying to explain how I get confused Thanks again TomC

1 Like