Gilmore style?

What Koen sayd. It is possible to make a lot of fuels this way, methane, gasoline, diesel, paraffin wax, alcohols etc… with different catalysts, pressures, H2 to CO ratio, temperature… My grandfather told me during the ww2 Germans made margarine out coal, dint belive him untill l met with FTP.
The byproducts are water and heat.

1 Like

Hi Koen
I am impressed by your plans and results
very impressive congratulation

[quote=“k_vanlooken, post:942, topic:899”]
Trip update:

roundtrip 1980 KmFuel used: Bamboo Charcoal: 78 Kgs = Average 3.9 Kg/ 100 kmMixed in dual fuel ecu programmed injection for Non lean mixtureBamboo derived alcohol aka Methanol, purity 95%20 Liters = average 1 liter / 100 Kmwater drip for core temperature control: almost 20 liters = average 1 liter / 100 Km

have you been able to introduce mixture (Bamboo vinegar / Methanol) directly into the gasifier?
can be simpler than dual-fuel?

2 Likes

Hi Thierry,

No, the Methanol was injected in the manifold , with the normal injectors.

1 Like

why you choose to introducing methanol into the intake manifold in place of the gasifier?

1 Like

Hi Thierry,
The Methanol is derived from the original gas and also from the bamboo vinegar.
most of the byproducts in the process of making the methanol are already “clean” combustibles and or useable directly in the engines.
So, for my purposes, there is no need to transfer them back into syngas.
However, evaporating them , together with hot syngas, would create a “carburated” gas, as they did in the “old day’s”

2 Likes

I have my little chipper up and running for the bamboo waste / fuel prep…

Its another candidate for a gasifier…

4 Likes

Here charcoaling results:

7 Likes

Hi Koen, do you grind and screen your charred material?

1 Like

Hi Wyatt,
yes i do… ( short version )

using a fly screen, plastic , and chicken wire 1/2"
anything sized between those, i use… :grin:

2 Likes

New toy arrived, playing already…

How hot can it be inside :thinking:

Upgrading and testing from charcoal…

up to 1400 degree celcius… and some more applications :grin:

5 Likes

Your bamboo charcoal has a high yield. It does not shrink much! That surprises me starting with material that has not had a long drying time! :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Now you will get side-tracked making nice pottery! :grinning:

2 Likes

Like home-made ceramic nozzles?

4 Likes

Now… thats a good idea… :grin:

My side tracks so far, with this oven:

1: MOU with Governmental Pharmacy Organisation, GPO in short, to make medical Activated Carbon from Bamboo

2: MOU with Rajabath University Lampang, to make a replacement fuel with syngas for the ceramic industry

3: MOU with Rajabath University to set up a “teaching program for gasification”

4: Making syngas with this oven, at the same time as making activated carbon.

5: Making Methanol from this syngas.

6: Testing and analyzing different carbon materials.

4 Likes

opening the door of hell …
This is the color off 1000° C

3 Likes

our work and Gasifiers on National Broadcasting…

My part starts at 18.30 minutes…

4 Likes

Very well presented. I couldn’t help but notice, you spoke to your wife in one language and she spoke to the camera in another. What language do you use when talking with your wife? Tomc

2 Likes

Hi Tom,

My wife and i communicate in German language, using also some Thai words, she translate all to Thai…
For most people in Thailand this is confusing because they always tend to expect English …
Fun all the way…

6 Likes

I thought you were French, I hope I didn’t offended you. Glad to know you are German. My great grand parents and grand mother were German. We are not stubborn, We are determined. Lol I can still hear it and they have been gone for many years now. Thank you for your determination. You are making a difference for your people there.
Bob

4 Likes

Hi Bob,

Actually, i am Belgium, flemish…

But i do speak, read and write our 4 basic languages:
1: Netherlands/dutch/flemish (Native)
2: German
3: French

those 3 are our National languages

and 4: Englisch / International

Rest which are at very basic level: Italian, Spanish, Greek, Polish, Hungarian, Thai, Laotian and some Latin

5 Likes