Indoor cooking with woodgas?

improvements…arcimedic clean out grate with gear, for to move from outside…

11 Likes

lighting port with heat resistant aluminium gasket ( from a old aluminium pipe, prepared on the turner)…the lighting port is declined downside, so, when the gasifier is filled up with coal, the coal cannot enter too much in the lighting tube…
as the last test with 4 nozzles was successful, for 3 hours constant flame without interuption = good fuel flow, no bridging…

13 Likes

Girorgio. I have really enjoyed your build. I had to just go back and review the whole thing because of your addition of the moveable geared grate. This whole build is well designed and built. Congratulations. I am curious about what kind of seal you have for the rod on your grate turner.

10 Likes

tom, the seal is a piece of old stove wrop , the white ceramic fiber what i use on all my gasifiers on the lids…in 1/2 inch pipe piece pressed around the rod…

8 Likes

Giorgio,
Good design work!!
If this were a seal around a boat propeller shaft (inboard engine through hull), we would call it a “stuffing box”. :smile:

4 Likes

yes, mike, exactly the right word…stuffing box!

4 Likes

actually we work on the security valve for the woodgas cooker…a original propane thermo electric security valve must be modified because the gas holes are too small…we hope it gets a solution for indoor use…?
the original switch in this modified version works only as pusher, a normal ball valve will make the gas valve job…

5 Likes

For wet, low pressure gas it is often best to use a ‘manometer’ made from clear plastic tubing. This is good for safety, removes water, tells you gas pressure, also low cost.
Rindert

6 Likes

we thought yesterday about a copper pipe as cooler and condensator with drain …a clear plastic hose shure is interesting for observing pressure…
your small diameter gasifier is really nice, is it in use?
the cyclon is enough for filtering?
giorgio

5 Likes

Really we use many ‘p-traps’ in plumbing. You can make them many different ways.
Rindert

5 Likes

in near future we like to build a rocket stove also…has someone experience what is the best design, size …??

ciao giorgio

3 Likes

Are you talking about a Rocket Mass Heater, Giorgio? I have one in my greenhouse. I’ll take some pictures. The people that run this site have lots of information. Down a ways on the page is some free plans.

Also. https://donkey32.proboards.com/

If I built another one I’d go with a batch heater. This guy is the authority

4 Likes

@JocundJake might know some plans to some good rocket stoves.

2 Likes

I know the principals and a few good designs.
It all depends on what you are trying to do with it.

3 Likes

Heat resistant packing rope.

You can find different kinds and it does not really matter who made it.

99% of the time you can pick away at it and un-weave it to get strings.
You can mix and match different combinations of strings to make what ever size rope you need

Does not specifically matter where or what brand you buy you mix and braid it to fit the valve as required and snug up the valve to make a seal.
These things loosen up with use and you must adjust, repack valves to ensure a minimum of leaks.
Yes they will leak a tiny amount around the stem be aware…

This is what you are trying to create inside the valve

3 Likes

hello jacob and all others thanks for answers…the rocket stove should only be for emergency cooking outside, on google imagines there are a lot of pictures, but personally experiences count much more…so if you have some good plans i would be very happy…
my cooking gasifier works well now, the blower works with battery power from our household batteries system, or also with a simple photovoltaik paneel, but when the batteries are flat and when is cloudy sky, a rocket stove would be interesting…ciao giorgio

5 Likes

This guy has about a hundred stove builds Giorgio. You have probably already seen them.

4 Likes

10 Likes

last days some cooking prove on chargas -excellent!!

we tried also hanging up the gasifier with 3 springs for reason fuel flow, but there was no difference to hanging up directly…but can be useful, if someone has fuel flow problems, maybee with one nozzle models, combined with a excenter disc on the blower…
(this model is with 4 nozzles, the blower makes minimal vibrations only)

10 Likes

cooker flares in the night…

9 Likes