Indoor cooking with woodgas?

You are right Dave. The link I posted earlier isn’t working either. Here is a video of Peter explaining his batch heater. There are other videos as well if you google him.

5 Likes

Giorgio, you are correct at observing that a flame only burns on the outside, like a pipe. But nitrogen is not the cause. Its because only the gas mixed with air can burn. That is on the outside of the flame collum. Inside, there is no oxigen for the gas to burn.

Same will happen even with propane, if the gas doesent go trugh a venturi girst to mix in air.

Problem is, woodgas has such low pressure and also it needs just 1/1 air gas ratio, so a good and acurate venturi mixer is hard to do. What l did is l took a hose and hooked it between the fan and the gasifier so that, with a valve, l culd dose a bit of air in the gas before the burner. Try it, you will se a vast improvement in flame speed and therefore heating efficiancy

11 Likes

The link works for me, strange things going on these days. Some times I cant get to an American website…And if you type batchrocket.eu?

4 Likes

See now that did work then , before i just clicked on the link and nothing happened , but because i am always in a rush on sunny days i did not follow it up by trying different ways

Well done

3 Likes

I just clicked on it and it came right up. didn’t work on Joep’s link or mine yesterday. I have a love hate relationship with the Web.

3 Likes

hello sean very nice videos, very instructive, like to try homemade cement…
thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Being Italian Giorgio, you should know that the concrete the Romans made was the most durable we are aware of. Something special about your brand of volcanic ash because I have never heard of a similar one being produced even from the volcanic soils in Washington state. I find concrete very interesting.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature.2017.22231

4 Likes

yes tom, i have heard about, but now is complete different, the italian cement is complete bullshit…i mixed 3 part sand and one part cement, should be strong, covered with wet sacks to avoid too fast drying…when the concrete was dry, after some days just the ants make their holes inside again, with a woodstick you can make holes inside…i tried after to find the right mixture…1 part sand and 1 part cement works!!!, when there happens earthquakes, the newer buildings fall down easier as the old ones with lime binded walls…but not because the bricklayers has used too less cement, how often than is claimed, but because of the really bad quality of cement…new houses , after short time pieces fall down and you can see the iron mesh, also bridges and so on…and here is rarely frost…
but something more close to the topic…come cinese gasifiers…burner distance to the pot…
but other interesting arguments is always nice to read also when off topic…

as our - self turning behind the sun - fotovoltaik paneel for a water pump for the garden…since 2007

13 Likes

Giorgio, you are a genious!

8 Likes

That is impressive!
If i understand correctly those small solar panels powers the motor, when they produce equal amount it’s in “balance” or in “focus”?

4 Likes

Goran, like l sayd, genious! I will be having this in mind for future projects!

5 Likes

I will too, Kristijan, (like i need more projects…) i read a science-article a while ago, about a sun-power project, with these solar array’s following the sun, they put billion’s of $ into that, and then: Giorgio shows this, wich impresses me way more, genious is’nt enough :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

yes, exactly. Electronically that is the typical design for the “NASA inspired of solar tracker” (and maybe add ‘simple’ since the 1981 patent is a significantly more electronics then you need) which you can google for and come up with 100s of examples. By adding a second circuit, you can also get them to follow on the vertically as well which also increases output. I am not sure I have ever seen a bike rim reduction gear. Usually they just use gear motors which are more expensive :slight_smile:

6 Likes

To me this looks like the anectode, l dont know if its true or not… NASA spent milions developing a pen that works in 0G for astronouts to use. Russiuns just sent up pencils :smile:

8 Likes

Haaa, what the rest said. Really really KISS!!! That is funny! How clever is that? I have left a few panels, this is fun to build for the kids.

4 Likes

It isn’t true. They both used pencils, and NASA may have spent millions developing a pen, but the pen they both ended up using was developed independently by a 3rd party.

3 Likes

hello friends, far from genius, it is not my invention, i am only a afterbuilder…but maybee that the paneel turns automatically in the morning position, is my invention…
but the world is big so easily possible someone has done the same just before…

right, the little paneels feed the motor . the motor is very small from a music recorder, therefore needs not only the bicycle rim for gear, but also another gear( under the red disc) …
when the little paneel has sun only on one part, the motor moves the solar paneel since booth little panels have sun, and the produced current stops by himself…when again shadow comes on one of the little pannel, after a while starts again.

yesterday when preparing the sourdough ineeded some warm water so i have made the test to bring water from 24 degree celsius to boil,( in the same tea boil as in the test with the gasifier.).on propane gas…it needs also 8 minutes to bring the water to boiling temperature…

10 Likes

it is from the small books series"einfälle statt abfälle" - translated inventions instead of waste.(builts by scrap)…exist also in spain and english this number…tips for self sufficient people…

7 Likes

Giorgio, I have already written several times that I am only interested in simple solutions, this solution is simply excellent :+1::clap:

8 Likes

I haven’t forgotten about posting pictures. I’m just running about as fast as I can. I haven’t been home during daylight hours enough to take pics. I’ll try to get to it tomorrow.

9 Likes