International Supply, and me

I think it’s considered 11, I figure i’m making about 8… believe it’s 302 cc’s or something like that.

My wood was pretty wet… my speed loader typically holds about 20 lbs of dry chips (these weren’t dry) and we used 3 or those…

1 Like

Good info brother ArvidO.
Keep up the good works.
S.U.

Hey look at that… we can make char too… !

6 Likes

while i haven’t really posted anything new in that last little bit I am working on a proto type system (made from junk I have laying around the shop) that if it works the way I’m hoping it will will use sawdust as feed stock…

More to come…

9 Likes

Hi Arvid,

Dang!?!? :smile:

You have me all sorts of curious!

I am just finally getting back in my shop after being broken for a month.

Stephen

1 Like

Hey Steve, you know as things progress (read that as if they turn out as expected) I’ll share with ya.

4 Likes

update…

4 Likes

Up date… again…

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Hey ArvidO just a cudo’s from “that Other Steve” in your life. The Left Coast one - the redkneck…
Grateless, without an internal ash settlement area as you well know (and LucG did) you will need a really supior cyclone separator to keep the cooler/filter train from becoming a maintnece nightmare.
But . . . . you aready know this stuff.
Just repeating for the newbies still pixilated on a one-system do-all bio-mass mythology.
“Different Courses for diffnet Horses.”
Diierent shoes/boots for difernt needs.
One-size-fits-all hats; fits most poorly.
The different bio-mass fuel bases can only be accomodated with diffferent system types. Period.

Nice, simpiler, direct use chipped wood fueled system, friend Arvid.
Best Regards
Steve Unruh

1 Like

So the new unit as built only has 30% more hopper capacity. It does now have air pre heat, has a grate but is still concidered hearthless. It doesn’t have an ash binn. Everything goes out the gas outlet… it ran better than expected but it did seem so have some plugging after about an hour and a half of flaring. Its been left capped off air tight till tomorrow so it can cool down and I can go all csi on it.

Working hard at trying new ideas… don’t know if it’s better than what I already make, but it sure is lighter…

3 Likes

Very cool Arvid, we are planning to R and D on a remote ash bin soon. First we have to develop the third stage reduction, shouldn’t have much left after this but white ash. Cyclones are going away too :fire:

2 Likes

Yup… I’m kinda headed away from cyclones as well

Yeah we are going to a simpler two stage pre filter. First stage may include a simplified centrifugal filter (no cone) and then a coarse media filled with a non combustible material. The M-Series gets an even simpler filter that simply enters the gas into a collection bin with a direction change of the gas. This is working better then our best cyclones go figure. Its just unfortunate we found this working inside a condenser system lol.

Yeah ive been wanting to eliminate the cyclone ever since the very one I ever tried to build. The new system I think is going to be more effective and easier to manufacture. Some other cool stuff coming is the first generation electronic systems. This machine has an auto ignition system, it can self light, direct all valving and then auto light the flare. Then it has an engine run mode, it then performs a valve switch directing gas from the blower flare tube to the engine and shuts off the blower. The operate will still need to engage the engine starter, but the system will auto mix the fuel.

Next generation systems will have a touch screen GU interface and will have cell phone apps.The machine will text you if it needs you! :fire:

4 Likes

Lol…very cool…

2 Likes

@Matt that is just nuts! More power/gas to you for making it work though!

1 Like

So I took the gasser apart, as much as I could as it is welded into the bottom of the drum that houses it.

Everything looks real good inside… I was kinda starting to think I had a grate meltdown. My gas evacuation tube was somewhat plugged… I figure the grate openings are just a bit too big and let some of the larger char I had loaded it with slip past… I can fix that in a hurry and i’ll be back to testing…

More than a little pleased with the new unit so far… it was all my fault… I thought better and didn’t change it before testing… shows to go ya… if you hear that still small voice… maybe you should listen to it.

5 Likes

Way to go Arvid! It looks like all your experience is paying off when only a few little tweaks will make that new design run like a top.