International Supply, and me

I’m with Tom, the signature barrels, and jail bars. Somethings up folks.

5 Likes

Hey, I wanna see it work too… probably more than the rest of ya… lol

4 Likes

Just a quick show and tell of what i’m trying to use as nozzles on this unit… 1/8 pipe, welded closed, then drilled and slotted

5 Likes

Interesting, much like a pressure washer nozzle. I like it.

1 Like
6 Likes

ran for about an hour but I suspect i’m getting plugging again due to my preheat design… If my engine will run on gasoline after it’s sat and cooled all day… meaning the valves arn’t all tared up… I’ll rebuild the reactor better… here’s hoping

2 Likes

weekend is over… started playing after lunch… just need some steel to finish it.

4 Likes

more done to the new gasser… lots more than what the picture shows… just have to put a condensate catchment on it and a lid hinge/handle and I’ll be able to burn it…

3 Likes

Looks interesting, I can only imagine whats going on under there :fire:

2 Likes

Condensate catchment and gasser halves are welded together. Just need to fab hinge, latch and handle and I can put fire in it.

4 Likes

Hi Arvid,

Still pretty sweet for wet chips!

Stephen

1 Like

Thanks Stephen, I’m trying…

2 Likes

cleaned out the cyclone today.,… two different grates and about 2 1/2 hours flaring on it… I suspect the first grate slipped more char than the second.

2 Likes

ran the gasifier on the genset for about an hour today with a 1.5Kw load on it. It was kinda hard getting it running until I realized the choke on the gas carb was on… ran much better with it off. Chips are still far too wet to be using… and because unlike my other gasifier design the wood gas isn’t cooled by the gasifier body and air preheat so the cooler is far hotter than it should be to work well.

I’ll build a couple of things tomorrow that may help if the engine isn’t stuck in the morning once it’s cooled off all night.

we’ll see tomorrow.

2 Likes

Good luck. plus 12 characters

4 Likes

Oh, and it does look like Stephen’s horizontal cyclone idea (our cyclone came from him) works pretty good too…

3 Likes

I did manage to stick the intake valve this time… leads me to believe that first the chips are way too wet, and that I don’t have enough cooling either as too much moisture is getting into the engine… I have a couple of things I want to try as a pre cooler, if it works properly it should make some hot water for me… and I need to check my grate to see if my lower nozzles are actually pointed where they are supposed be…

raining today so I won’t get much done as the gasifier now lives outside…

maybe tomorrow.

1 Like
5 Likes