JO´s 8" gasifier

My condolences regarding the attack in Stockholm.

2 Likes

What Garry said .

We are keeping a close watch on the news :confused:

1 Like

Thank you !
It’s of course a horrible experience for those who suffered from this attack or lost loved ones. Still I find it strange that a truck hitting a building and 3 casualties end up on the world’s top news when so many innocent people are discovering much worse horror in other parts of the world.

4 Likes

Kristijan, thanks to your reasent video I grabbed the bull by the horns and went out for a hopper cleanout. What a messy work. I cleaned out the baked tar under the lower funnel, made some smoke to burn all that crap and went for a drive. Wow, the hopper is hot again.That circulation really dries the wood.
Reasently my hopper have been cold to the touch even after longer trips. Now I’m up to 75C (170F) in minutes and the juice can is filling up quickly. Also power is up about 10%, with less vacuum. I think when running cyclone and everything narrow it’s important not to create unnessesarry drag by pulling lot’s of steam volume through it. Really helps with the upper end.

2 Likes

Hello JO; Of course I am saddened to hear of any of these situations that are being reported, but the news media makes it much more confusing. I had a flare up of rheumatoid gaut in both legs to my toes and the medicine I take knocks me out for 3 days. When I finally watched TV They were announcing that in the capital of Sweden, a lorry was stolen and driven down a crowded street, running over pedestrians as it went. 4 people were critical and 10 were taken to the hospital.
On the evening news they said in the capital of Norway, 3 people were shot in the streets, and the SWAT team arrested the shooter. The shooter’s name was the same as the driver of the lorry in Sweden.
I guess I am going with the first story because on the evening news they showed the President (?) of Sweden making an announcement that " Sweden will not be scared by these acts" TomC

Hello Mr.Tom,
I guess forign media mixed things up some.
In Norway, from what I understand, a 17 year old boy was seen carrying a box containing a bomb. No one shot in Norway or Sweden. Norwegian police don’t even carry guns.
In Sweden the swat team arrested the guy who stole the lorry, thats all.
Things like these seem to happen from time to time in almost every major city in the world. I guess it’s time we realise we’re no longer immune up here.

Sorry about your legs and toes. I hope the meds are helping.
I’m going out to light up the gasifier in a minute. Last night shift for a while. Can’t wait.

5 Likes

Glad to be of help :smile:

What about hopper walls? Do they get dirthy?

Oh, and now, since you are free of nightshifts, perhaps you culd make a new video of something :wink:

1 Like

Kristijan,
Hopper walls are dirty allright, but only a very thin layer. Tar will bake maybe 4 inches from the fire but stay liquid further away. If you run the fuel low radiation may bake it a bit shiny on the lid.
I don’t know if you’re fed up with my videos or you are being “tactfully pushy”. I’ll think of something to film whether you like it or not :wink: Btw, we’re still waiting for that movie “Midnight reving glow”

5 Likes

“Tacticaly pushy” is a good term :wink:

I like to see other countrys and people trugh the camera of a woodgaser.

5 Likes

Kristijan, you wanted DOW videos. I didn’t know what to film. These are two boring videos running errands around town. Sorry for the shaky filming.
At the parking, after visiting the first store, I opened the lid and put my poker down to correct a tight charbed by twisting the grate a bit. An elderly couple came up to me smiling and asked me if I was low on fuel. It turned out they also had about 5k DOW miles under their belts but from the back seat during the war :smile:

5 Likes

Jan,

two videos that made my hearth laugh. The DOW drivers hasitation “wiil it idle for the train stop or shuld l hybrid”, the wagoonles train (those bite my nerves the most), the pickup (look at my last video-in the beggining is a bee hive hauling pickup, l wanted to make the same comment as you did :grinning:)

Oh, and yes, thank you so much for showing me the people :joy:

1 Like

Kristijan,
Ideling for a while is usually not a problem as long as the charbed is in good shape. This time it was a bit tight and the air setting super sensitive. I’m unable to hybrid while ideling so that’s not an option. It seems my lambda needs a certain flow to do its job well.
I did register the pick-up in your video and wondered why you didn’t mention it :smile:

1 Like

Is the lambda too cold to fuction propperly?

On the idle, you mentioned you will set it higher. l have it set to 1500rpm allways. Its the only way to achive good idle for longer times, as it slowly falls on 1000rpm over longer periods of time. Will see what the new sistem allows.

Thank you again for the fun ride. We have a train interchange in the middle of Crivitz and they are all the time having to switch loaded cars with empty ones and get hooked back up to tale the loads of logs south. So it is not uncommon to get held up by trains. Of course, with petro, I always shut the truck down. That is not a possibility when running woodgas. Thanks again. TomC

1 Like

I belive the lambda is hot enough to function if the motor is warmed up
-BUT (my WAG)-
my injectors are spraying constantly. They are only pressure regulated. With a too low pressure required (idle and hybrid) they have a hard time delivering a fine spray pattern which makes the motor run ruff and miss beats which in turn missguides the lambda.
Your injectors are controlled by timing (always full pressure) and can deliver a fine spray pattern no matter how quick.

1500 rpm idle sounds a bit high.
I usually aim for a 1000 rpm idle mostly because below 800 rpm my dash starts to get noisy :smile:

2 Likes

5,200 miles on 99% wood since July in the junk Rabbit with a junk gasifier.
I bought camera glasses the other day and it seems they are junk as well. Bad sound, bad sync and also my ears seem to be mounted too low for them to film what I´m looking at.
Well, here is the result.
Oh, and I filmed in one single shot, but the glasses for some reason devided it into two clips.

11 Likes

Did you just get a haircut?:grin: I agree that the sound is a little low but the picture is clear. Nice video! Thanks JO.

4 Likes

The camera glasses worked very well. Thanks for the video. TomC

2 Likes

Very inspiring and informative video. There’s a lot of experience behind that quality of operation.

2 Likes

Jan,
You never seem to run out of surprises. With every video l learn something new, so keep them comeing!
A question thugh… Do you always rewerse the blower? I never did this… What advantiges does it present? Other thain building a charbed from scratch ofcorse.

1 Like