JO´s 8" gasifier

Hahaha! I think steam and heat might have higher influence on the volume.

I calculated like this when I built the gasifer:

I know my chimney is a lot wider than the boiler air inlet. I´d better do the same on the gasifier :smile:

4 Likes

Hi, Kristijan!

Forgot 15 – 20% H ? That matches the mix 50/50 !

Max,
This calculation predicts how much air is sucked in the gasifier vs how much gas it produces. Not how much air the gas needs to burn completely.

1 Like

Hi, Kristijan!

The wood itself contains O, so

60% in 100% out, both cold and dry is more of a reality…?

2 Likes

The one and only annual hay harvesting up here is complete. Fresch gasifier filter material available. Went down to the river to change it out. I was about to take a dip as well, but I chickened out :smile: Water temp is probably less than 15C (60F). We have had no real heat this summer.

There was really nothing wrong with my old hay. I´m sure i could have used it another full year. Woodgas and the lack of oxygene seem to do a good job preserving it.

9 Likes

2 inch outlet from the barrel?

Yes, one 2 inch in and one 2 inch out.

1 Like

Interasting solution on anti barrel colapse. I had 3 rings of 6mm rebar in, got constipated once, pressed the gas pedal a bit harder once, BANG, the barrel looked like a vacuum bag :smile: you have thicker ones?

1 Like

Thicker, I don´t know. Mine did implode some last summer but I´ve managed to get away without any colapse ever since i installed the reinforcement. However I try never to pull more than 30 inches of vacuum.

3 Likes

Time to gather some spare hay for replacement or a second filter?

Already done :smile:

1 Like

Went for a 615 km (385 mile) rountrip yesterday to give our youngest daughter a ride home for the weekend. Burned 80 kg (178 pounds) of wood. Milage 2.16 mpp with only maybe half a gallon used for hybriding. I opted for small backroads most of the trip.

11 Likes

770 miles per gallon ain’t bad there Jan. Did your daughter need a lemon too?

6 Likes

Ha, we could have used a lemon a mile each :smile:

3 Likes

Man the rabbit runs nice! Accelerates fast too! Something l can only dream about…

2 Likes

How far can you go before you have to load more wood in the hopper?

2 Likes

I stopped 4 times each way. That´s 60-65 km (38-41 miles) per hopper. Emptied cyclone coffe pot and hopper juice can every other refueling. Half a gallon in each of them.

5 Likes

Thanks for the ride. That is the best ride I have had sincnce I took mine apart Tomc

5 Likes

Anyone ever experienced corroded tb butterflies ?
It all started on our way home from the the long trip two weeks ago. I had a hard time keeping my idle below 1500-2000 rpm without leaning my a/f ratio or squeezing the wg valve. I forgot all about it until today going for the first post holiday wg trip.
First thought was soot buildup around the butterflies but some torching and forcing them shut didn´t affect anything. However I think the butterflies have developed ruff edges. I will have to take a closer look tomorrow in proper daylight and with reading glasses on.

1 Like

Hmm corroded buterflyes no. Myne seem to be ss. But there is some white oxidation on the aluminium tb houseing.
What about buterfly axle becomeing stiff? Soot, tar, corrosion?