John Deere M

just more pics

pics

Thanks for the pics Arvid. Did you thread the top of the cooler for the flange bolts or weld nuts under the holes?

Shouldn’t have any bridging problems! Even if it does could easily hit nearest little offset and will shake really good, I like it!!!

I threaded the top plate… that’s partly the reason I used so many bolts… very low stress per bolt… only threaded into 1/8" material.

yup Herb, no problem with bridging rolling around the yard… my son drove it till it stopped, and like all the other gassers I have built there was still enough fuel left to just add more fuel and restart if I had wanted too… or if shut down for the day, relight the leftovers the next day.

Remote air mixing valve mount… gawd the lil things take the most time…

ok, we now have a shut on the air cleaner side of the carb… removed the gas carb close off plate… lets hope this all works the way i think it should

Pretty nice handy work

my buddy Billy came in and tweaked the gas carb on the M and it’s back to its smooth running self again… yeah, something I didn’t have to do to get it right… lol… gotta like that.

My buddy Garett and his dad were up here today… they both took the tractor for a spin. they both liked it a bunch. I told them to say as long as they like, need at least 10hrs run time on it till I pull it apart (not totally) and inspect it.

Looks like my son will get to run it a bunch tomorrow and the weekend, I’m sure he’ll like that.

My buddy Garett taking a ride around the shop on the M

Richard dragging the yard with a piece of I beam.

Lookin real good!
Mongo like video :slight_smile:

Whoo Hoo! Project Complete! I really like that Gas mixer setup!

I would have a hard time giving that tractor back to the owner.
I didn’t notice any gauges. Is there a reason for no gauges? I don’t know/understand your setup, so maybe they’re not needed?
Great project, thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks for the pics and videos Arvid . Nice job.

Definitely a project to be proud of.

video explanation of switching from gasoline to wood gas and back… engine isn’t running.