JO's -91 Mazda B2600

Great ride there. Beautiful country and a WG rig to be proud of.

4 Likes

Thanks for another Dow vid JO, the Mazda sounds a lot smoother riding on the road than the old Rabbit! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tanks guys,
and Will, with a total weight of 2,880 kg or 6,350 lbs the Mazda has a rather stiff suspension actually. Performance is a little bit better then the Rabbit’s though, both acceleration and top speed. However it doesn’t like being pushed below 2000 rpm. The Rabbit didn’t mind full throttle at 1200 rpm. The Mazda shivers and shakes at 1800 doing the slightest acceleration. It’s a bit anoying if you are in a lazy cruising mode.

3 Likes

I hope I don’t bore you. Anyway here’s some fuel collecting and offroad DOW.

11 Likes

Now it is my turn to break the “Like” button!! :grinning::grin::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks JO , I always enjoy your videos.

3 Likes

Good looking truck, trailer, & fuel.

3 Likes

Are those power line right of way’s private land out your way? I have one near me, but it runs through mostly privately owned farmland.

You’re right, those young trees are perfect gasifier fuel for the discerning rebak owner!:grin:

2 Likes

That’s right. We’ve got almost only private land in our district.
All the woodlots were rearranged only 15 years ago. First time since 1750. All the owners agreed something had to be done since everyone had small stripes all over the place. We had about 30 small ones. Now the gravel road under the powerline devides the larger woodlots and we own two of them.
In a few years time the power company will knock down all the young growth under the lines and I’ll be really busy chunking before it dries :smile:

5 Likes

In our pagan country Midsummer is even more halabalu than Christmas, but now that it’s all over I got some time playing.

Tar likes to bake and build up in the funnel area.
The circulation void under the funnel fingers is blocked by now. Lately I’ve been collecting only 25% of the juice I’m used to.
I talked about separating the funnel and inner hopper wall but decided to try barracuda gills in the lower region of the wall. While at it I busted some baked tar loose that was taking up fuel space on top of the fingers. I left the builup under them as is.

6 Likes

How hot does your hopper run to bake tar that high up? It must be fairly hot to pyrolise the wood well in to the funnel area like in the first picture.

2 Likes

That first picture is from after I busted all the baked stuff loose from the funnel fingers. Small pieces of baked tar on top of the wood is what you see. I picked out only the big ones not to let too much tar down there to burn at once.

But, you’re right. My upper nozzles are not even an inch from the firetube top and I might run a little hotter in the funnel area. Still the chunks don’t get toasted that early, but they sweat. Mixed with debrie their sweat bakes some over time whenever you run the wood down low.

My temp probe sits at the top of the hopper. 70C is normal temp. At 80C I have about 10 min until the alarm goes off at 100C. That’s when the probe is getting exposed to radiation from the glowing char and fuel level is only an inch or two above nozzles.

5 Likes

Its allso worth mentioning JO is a full time woodgaser so overtime things accumulate.

Late but better thain never :wink: wery nice video JO, l played it more thain once :smile:

4 Likes

Pulled the juice can to empty tar today.
Pic shows why we try to avoid horisontal.
Drain was not plugged, but close.
Also, I was surpriced how easy the tar snake let go of the connecting rubber hose.

5 Likes

Hi Jo,how many miles since last cleaning? I never collect tar like that, maybe my tar lids on the hoppers really work?? I would like to have some tar to use for other things.

2 Likes

Maybe a month or 500 miles. I emptied a couple of cups of tar from the can.

Could you explain please?

1 Like

Maybe it is the type of wood you burn. Pine = tar Oak not so much.

3 Likes

this is filled with ss scrub pads, image

4 Likes

Hi Don, I burn mostly ‘‘poplar’’ but not really,'don’t know if it has much tar in it?

1 Like

Anything with leaves on here. Almost no pine at all.

3 Likes