JO's -91 Mazda B2600

Ok, the idea was to use my golf mk2 as it’s my most fuel effcient car.

1 Like

Only downside is most of them are mono-urinal (tb)

1 Like

We have one of these too, what engine? Ours is a diesel, otherwise it will already be woodgased :smile:

Fuel consumption stops being so important when you start to DOW so dont worry much about it.

Not to hijack JOs thread, and if you wish ofcorse, Chris can split this topic in your own thread. I am sure many of us are interasted in your project, l am one.

3 Likes

I have one with 8v 1.8 monotronic and one 1.6 8v carburated.

I post a thread about it tomorrow.

2 Likes

JO: Where did you inspect the car, and did you have any rules that you followed?

1 Like

Svensk bilprovning, Falun. Talk to the besiktningsingengör. He will send you documents from WW2 and 1973 oil crises. Most important is distance from fueltank and lines, load fence behind the gasifier and fire extinguisher. They don´t know anything about gasifiers. Fire hazards are no1. Oh, and no woodgas pipes through the cab.

4 Likes

Hmm, called Opus car testing in Falun, they did not have anyone who registered certified cars, referred to a Hans Bergström in Ludvika?
JO: Do you know the name?

1 Like

I was advised from Transportstyrelsen to stick to old trusty, state owned Bilprovningen :smile: They said the chance is they’ve still got the old ducuments/routines. That’s why I didn’t contact Opus.

Sorry, never heard of him. But then again, I never registered a vehicle before in my life. If you know any racing guys, they could probably give advice.

1 Like

I have studied your unit, but do not see how you get out of the ash from the bottom, how do you?
Don’t see that you have any hatch? (door)

2 Likes

Ops, I forgot about the door :smile:
Actually, all the ash and excess char blows into the cyclone. It seems the 2 inch void between firetube and housing gives the needed velosity for lift-off. Some granular ash/slag buildup in the gasifier bottom needs to be vacuumed out twice a year or every 5,000 km.

6 Likes

Fabricated a new hopper-filler-puffer-lid. The old-flimsy-copper-kitchen-pot-lid has taken enough beating. (English language uses a lot of stacking)
Utilised the old cut out bottom of the ss hopper vessel beat it with a sledgehammer on an envil to make it slightly dome shaped.

14 Likes

Looks like that lid can get tight, you have good ideas.

4 Likes

Oh! You mean the English Lego/Tinker-Toy/Pops-It/K’net language?
Cut, fit, stack and FORCE: then glue together language?
The one evolved by thieving bastards?
Hey! You have to admit we are colorful.

Actually my favorite growing up kids gift-outs has been Erector Sets. Metals held together with with tiny nuts and bolts. Teaches tools usage.
Shows character. Requires patience. Builds character. Builds patience.
S.U.

11 Likes

Does the Swedish language use alliterations?

Like:

“The failing, flimsy, featherweight, floppy, fractured, feeble, flexing lid has finally taken enough beating.”

Of course, you need a language that has 100x more words than required to do these… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Oh, and nice job on the lid!

3 Likes

Well, I took science, not linguistics :smile:
But I know a jingle we have small children to try to copy. Translated to English it goes something like: “Seven seasick seamen sank the Shanghai ship”. Very hard to articulate in Swedish. Every word starts with different “sch…” or “ch…”. We don’t even have “the” in our language. We put an ending to the noun instead. Either “…en” or “…et” depending on genus.
I guess that jingle would classify as an alliteration. What I was aiming at was American English’s habit of stacking attributes in front nouns.
Germans do similar stacking. They stack up a whole 25 word sentence and then add the verb last. That’s when you already lost track of what they are talking about :smile:

5 Likes

Ha! That’s an alliteration all right. We have little jingles like that too which we call “tongue twisters”. Eg. “She sells sea shells by the sea shore.” Tough to flip quickly between “SH” and “S” sounds!

Yeah, English speakers tend to pile on the adjectives, I think it comes from trying to be humorous! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Hi Steve,
When I was 7ish, I began spending summers with my maternal
grandparents living on E tenth ave, in Roselle, New Joisy, er Jersey.
Sorry, got carried back there for a moment:innocent::innocent:
That was the summer my uncle deemed it was OK for me to play
with his childhood erector set. Wow, a whole new world opened.
One the the more memorable days in my life. I think it set me up
for engineering. Pepe

6 Likes

After WW2 when Dutch immigrants came to our area and were not used to a lot of things here they were said to be “just from the boat off”

7 Likes

I hope I don’t bore you or wear you out.
With lousy weather there’s not much to do but play with some wood related. Fueled the boiler up with 100 pounds of firewood to keep us warm for a couple days and then another 15 pounds of chunks into the truck hopper to DOW for some grocery shopping. Also, the Mazda’s 10,000 mile DOW anniversary today.

17 Likes