JO's -91 Mazda B2600

Of course ! Ash bucket and vinegar can did the trick :smile:

3 Likes

Me and a workmate of mine were sent to the city of Falun on a two day educational conference (brainwashing). Naturally we went there on wood and my workmate happened to notice I use nothing but a wingnut for my airvalve lever knob. Gave him a reason to play with his 3D-printer and yesterday I received a present.

14 Likes

Very nice
And now you will think of your friend every time you adjust mixture

4 Likes

Thats wery nice! Looks stock made!

5 Likes

Or as a former boss used to say, “Just like down town.”

4 Likes
13 Likes

Good morning JO .

Thanks for the video :grinning:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 2400 miles driving on wood, and in less than 3 years doing it. Thank you for the video ride in your truck. It is always fun to go for a ride with any of my DOW brothers.
Bob

4 Likes

I asked you a while back how they made the red paint that most of your buildings have but now I can’t remember the byproduct that was used. Thanks for the nice village ride.

3 Likes

The rust from trucks in the North East?

6 Likes

Thanks guys.

The paint is mainly water, rye flour and linseed oil, but a small part of it is moldered away minerals from the old copper mine in Falun.
500 years ago they discovered the preservative properties. In the dripping wet conditions down in the mine the wodden ladders and gangplanks turned red and didn’t seem to rot. The paint production boosted in the 1700s.
The mine was up and running already 1,000 years ago, but the oldest Stora Kopparberg (Big copper mountain) corporation document found is 700+ years old. Forestry was part of the business and by the end of the 1800s paper, steel and power production were added. The mine was Europe’s largest copper mine, but it closed down in 1992. The forestry/paper part of the corporation is still running and Stora Enso still owns the 120 year old paper mill were I work.

8 Likes

Jo, am I surprised that there is no snow at this time of year at your place? is this normal?
Thierry

3 Likes

Yes, noticed that too. We had our first storm here yesterday but temperature never wend under 0 Celsius this winter. Very clear everything gets warmer

2 Likes

Thierry, Joep

I could get in trouble if I told you it’s not normal. All I can say is I’ve never seen anything like it.

This was Feb 6th last year and it was considered normal.

6 Likes

Thanks for the ride.
I was impressed that quite a bit of that drive was on gravel roads there were few potholes.
Not much traffic? Regular grading? Some kind of surface treatment?

3 Likes

It is not normal to be normal :smile:

5 Likes

With all of mans fancy weather predicting and modling he does, to tell us what the weather is going to do, there is some one who actually controls the weather and throws a weather curve ball that us that is not the normal and we swing and miss it. This is done to just show us we haven’t got it all figured out and never will. God does have a since of humor. The exact same thing is happing here JO where I live, but just a few miles away they are having above normal snow fall. The buds on the trees in the valley are starting to swell. This have been napping for to weeks now. Phill the ground hog who lives on the east coast is wrong again at least where we live on the west coast. Lol
Bob

5 Likes

I’m sorry to disappoint you, Mike. They are paved. When I was a kid, in the early 70s, there were still gravel roads within the village and all the potholes you could wish for.
Winter started off with a little snow and ice in November and the gravel you saw was added only to save on hips back then. It will be sweeped up again in May.

Don and Bob,
I just hope Wayne and Billy don’t get worn out pumping all this heat across the pond during winter. We rely on the Gulf stream to make it up here. The slightest decrease in intensity and our summer will look like what we’re having right now.
When talking about normal, the Swedish word “lagom” comes to my mind. It means “not too much, not too little, just about right”. We use it all the time. It’s what a typical Swede wants.

8 Likes

Hello JO .

Billy and I could send you some rain . Flooded last week and took out some of my road . I fixed it just enough to get in and out and today more flooding :frowning_face:

7 Likes

I’m sorry about your road and the flooding. Hard to imagine when looking down into that small creek last summer.
I don’t think we need more rain at the moment. It’s already wet and muddy as is.
This was yesterday :smile:

5 Likes