Life Goes On COVID 19 Discussion

Better avoid his “substantial truth”

Yup, universal truth… follow who’s making profit…

It is very difficult not getting “biassed” these day’s…
So, let the “deeds” speak for itself…

yes, computer models are a line of expectations, drawn upon information available…
Statistic data obtained will show, afterwards, if your model is accurate, better or worse than anticipated…

indeed, just dig in the covid numbers…
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

and in airpolution during covid lockdowns, ad the lesser numbers of accidents…
study the re-bounce of infections and the re-rise…

Now, for all the “nay sayers”, what does it need to convince you to be less careless ?

If the virus would look and smell like pigpoop ?

Yes, freedom’s… Freedom starts with having respect for the wellbeing of others…
Words hurt, so choose them wisely
Bullets kill, so be so kind and don’t point your gun at me…

Be safe, stay healthy ya all…

5 Likes

Unfortunately unfettered greed popularized by the modern barrons of industry has over taken the USA. We now live in a very selfish society. I am positive that if the discussion about masks had been from the start how they lower your own person chances of catching the virus not about how the limit the spread from infected people the very same people who now protest their usage in the USA would be demanding everyone use them. Because they would demand that their own personal wellbeing be protected. Instead what they heard was you could help protect others and in our rugged individualism society that message falls on deaf ears.
Instead we now have an overwhelmed medical system in Texas which is sending highly contagious people home to die with their loved ones because they lack the facilities to care for these sick members of our community in their time of need. So lacking proper care facilities Texas is instead sending people home to expose their loved ones to the same virus that is literally killing them. It is being marketed as an act of compassion allowing people to die with their loved ones. Sounds like a act of disrespect for all involves to me. I would much rather live in a community which respects and protects the health and wellbeing of all citizens.

3 Likes

There are two fundamental points often ignored when referring to “the death toll from COVID-19.”

• There is no evidence or proof offered by any scientist, pathologist, or virologist that confirms COVID-19 as the “cause” of death in the certification process.
  • An expanded definition of a “COVID-19 death” was enacted by the CDC on March 24th, to include probable cases. This conflates and clusters test results creating a source of both under and overestimation. “COVID-19 deaths are identified using a new ICD-10 code. When COVID-19 is reported as a cause of death or when it is listed as a ‘probable’ or ‘presumed’ cause, it is coded as UO7.1 This can include cases with or without laboratory confirmation .” [emphasis added]

All deaths of patients with a linkage to COVID-19 are now classified as “COVID-19 deaths regardless of cause or underlying health issues that could have contributed to loss of life .” - Dr. Deborah Birx Rethinking COVID-19 Mortality Statistics | American Council on Science and Health

4 Likes

Thank you Al for this post.

1 Like

The unique thing about this time in north America has got to be that folks like Gwyneth Paltrow, and a host of others have found a broad environment in which to broadcast “alternate facts” and an endless list of pure demonstrable nonsense. The bottom line is that natural forces don’t care one bit what you convinced yourself was “alternately true”, or how you can explain it. They will just sort you out, without remorse and possibly without do overs.

Since when did denying scientific or medical consensus become a “thing”. As we all exchange our thoughts on devices so sophisticated that none of us could duplicate the technology given a million years…

Pretty simple to do the math on this business, and the math is clearly different between countries like Taiwan and the US.

I doubt this has much to do with love of freedom, every human on the planet loves their freedom. But we also have highway traffic laws, air traffic control, food safety standards, building codes, because there surely are idiots who make societal standards necessary.

2 Likes

Here is an update from the CDC, for anyone interested.

Link is here: Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19

So yeah, there is not the capacity to do tests and analyses on each person who dies while infected with COVID. But, really? There are huge spikes in expected deaths during a pandemic, and you wonder if they are really dying of COVID? Why else would we suddenly see spikes as high as 30-40% more people dying than we otherwise would? There has been a decline in excess deaths as cases declined through June, but another surge in cases is likely to lead to another spike in deaths (The 14 day trend of deaths is up 49% according to the NYT). Better treatment options will probably help, but I would bet that we will see another spike on this chart.

Help me understand what you think is going on here. What motive do the doctors, healthcare workers, and disease experts at the CDC have for fabricating extra deaths?

3 Likes

This conversation has gone ‘‘whack-o’’. I see words but the way they are put together makes no sense. TomC
Is anyone doing anything with wood gas???

2 Likes

Hi Carl,
Indeed, this is the only way to observe the reality of the pandemic…

Hi Tom,

I actually have a room full of woodgas, to check up on germination of any bacteria with rice products… ( no joke )
And another room testing the grinding to rice flour/powder in absence of oxygen but enriched with Co2 from gasification…

1 Like

Driving every day :grinning:

7 Likes

Mr. Wayne; Is that all there is to it? Just jump in the truck and drive all day? I know you have spent time chunking “tons” of wood. But what about periodic maintainence? Very little said about that— a check on the “heat sinks”. Have you ever had a hopper rust out? Carl Z went through several, I have had a couple (and I haven’t driven as much as some of you). I’d like to hear out of all those who copied your gasifier, how many are driving daily, periodicly, once in a while, or given up. I’d like to hear from others as to their exprience after spending all the time to build a gasifier. Maybe some new ideas or changes they have come up with. I’m sure it isn’t all peaches and water melons down there. TomC

5 Likes

Good morning Mr. Tom .

There is a little work first before I can drive off. I must light the gasifier and fill it with wood . If Iet the truck set longer than 4-6 hours I may have to light again but most of the time I light just one time a day .

But what about periodic maintenance?

Yes the truck and gasifier must be maintained. It takes me about 5 min to dump my ashes and I dump my hopper condensate on the fly . Just a WAG I think for every 20- 30 hours of driving an hour would be needed for maintenance.

Very little said about that— a check on the “heat sinks”.

Often I will burn the wood down low enough I can see the heat sinks and it seems they are holding up well .

Have you ever had a hopper rust out?

Yes , It seems the upper portion of the hopper is the quickest to rust out . I build my hopper in two sections so that I only have to replace the part that rusted . I could us thicker material for the hopper but it would add weight and conduct heat less . Also I can build the hopper section fairly easy. I might mention I have never had a gasifier housing ( drum ) to rust out .

I’m sure it isn’t all peaches and water melons down there. TomC

Along with any peaches and water melon comes a lot of cornbread and beans :grinning:

10 Likes

H Mr Tom I agree with you. I created this thread so that the discussion of this topic could continue and those who don’t want to be involved could ignore the discussion easier since it is not on the life goes on thread.
Personally I have not been doing anything with wood gas in the past week and a half because I have been in Corvallis Oregon helping Dr Larry to rebuild a deck of his that had rotted out. I will post more pictures about it later on the life goes on thread. No worries I have a few woodgas projects to do when i get home I’ll post all about them. :smile::smile:

8 Likes

Tom, maybe you missed them but I made a couple posts on woodgas :smile: :smile: :smile:

4 Likes

I appologize JO; When coming onto DOW Form the first thing I look for is a green dot with a “J” in it. It gets read imediately. When I see an original post by you, I try to make a comment. I was just looking for information on any new builds or new ideas pertaining to WG.
My last few comments seem to be from a grumpy old man. It is probably best I reframe from posting . TomC

3 Likes

Good morning Mr. Tom

I always enjoy your post :blush:

3 Likes

Tom, no need for appologizes. I think you missunderstood my comment. I was joking about my own numerous posts. Keep yours coming.

4 Likes

Same here. Mr Tom. Wasn’t trying to shut you down, just letting you know that was the place for that discussion.

4 Likes

Tom,
In my life time you are for me the most appreciated “grumpy old man” personality …
please don’t change yourself and stay in our vicinity. Your opinions might be disagreed upon, but are highly valued by me and our fellow DOW ers.
We learn from you… at least i do

11 Likes

A must watch, https://americasfrontlinedoctorsummit.com/

3 Likes

Maybe there’s been a giant coincidental increase in fatal slip and fall accidents… :thinking: That somehow has persisted over the last few months, and has closely mirrored the reported COVID death toll, now at how many? 150,000?

That’s my alternative facts suggestion. Who needs science, and testable facts anyways?..