Life goes on - Summer 2015

Hi al,l here is a video of what we have been up to the last yea besides driving on wood.
taken by my daughter in law

15 Likes

What a cool video! That is what this country was built on.

What is being made? It looks like a lumber mill of sorts. How much waste wood is made? looks good for driving.

WM

Light to see a Second addition showing what happens next. What state to you kiln dry the wood and how do you get the bark off the remaining side and dimension the the boards.
Thank you for hosting another great get together.Tomc

Hi Tom Ill talk to Melissa and see if she will make a part two with the resaws and nailer end :relaxed: Ron L

7 Likes

The first of three car shows I’ve been invited to was Friday afternoon. Very few of the many people that came to look ever heard of wood gas and most couldn’t believe at first that wood could be changed into motor fuel without a smokey burn making steam first. I was really surprised by the many teenagers that were keenly interested and had a good grasp of the science behind it.

Somebody had this Chevy van there which brought back memories because that is what we had when I started building back in the sixties

13 Likes

peace. love. …where was this?

It was in downtown Holland, Michigan. The next one is in Grand Rapids and the GM Futureliner will be there!

The van looks like the mystery machine (scooby doo) with a different paint job.

WM

1 Like

Anyone remember this?

I got my hands on a Commodore Amiga 1000. Been playing around with it. It still works floppy disks, keyboard, mouse, and haven’t tested the modem yet. No monitor, so I use the television set.

WM

4 Likes

LOOKS allmost like the old ford van i had back when i was 18, about 1978,ROCK ON CLASSIC’S

don,
Is that show the August 22 – Grand Rapids 28th Street Cruise – Harvey Cadillac one?

Wolfman> Nice grab. :smile:

About that van. In the late 70’s I periodically drove a restaurant’s 1970 Dodge van with a straight six between the seats. It would light up the rear tires at will. That was Van Raalte’s, Don M. I should have rotated the front and rear tires occasionally like other smart friends did with their dad’s cars.

1 Like

No Sean, it is June 10 at Millinium Park

1 Like

Been busy farming . Making a lot of shaft power with homegrown fuel. :relaxed:

UH OH flat trailer tire as we were leaving the field :weary:

Was able to air it up enough to get home .
I will give the trailer tire a dose of pine tar tomorrow :relaxed: .

6 Likes

Sure hate to work at the tire store when your tires come in for repair someday…lol. My closest neighbor cut down some dead oak trees. I stopped and asked what he was going to do with them. He was going to pile em up and burn them. I came home got my skid loader and trailer and saved them from just being wasted. Will make fire wood out of most of it and have another load of smaller limbs that will take the place of petro

9 Likes

How come I cant ever find anything like that LOL. Actually a farmer down the road from me just cut down about 4 acres of mature hardwood hedgerow and it was a site to see it all blazed up in his field… It was a bunch of maple and walnut tops… I was about a day late.

1 Like

Glad too see you haveing some better days Gary, YOU must have fixed the dakota,

HI josephhauler, bummer on the hard wood, if a guy could get hold of the tree cutters and load the branches that were desdined too hit the shredder, would need a lighter with big side racks trailer, could get some free wood that way too,if getting it with wood fuel.or have the bigger branches droped off,easyer on shredder.Good too see your truck runs on wood.

Good morning Gary .

Good find on the wood :relaxed:

" Sure hate to work at the tire store when your tires come in for repair someday…lol. "

The tires are already May Pops I just need to keep air in them long enough to pop :grin:

1 Like