Life goes on - Summer 2015

Oof… A tad bit out of my price range… Looks like a wonderful beast though.

In other news, it sounds like a plasma cutter might finally be in my future! Doing an inventory of my total tools and stuffs, it appears to be the last needed tool for building a WK gasifier. I still need to find a source for just about every bit of building material, but I have almost all the tools.

1 Like

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!! to all the Dads out there. :man: :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Hope everyone had a blessed Fathers Day .

I sure did , spent it with two of my boys ( pic below ) ,family and friends :relaxed:

10 Likes

Nice place there on the lake, My rattle trap truck has the motor out,and i dont like rideing.So happy fathers day any way.It sure was a biutyfull day too visit.THANKS

A lake, a picnic, and tall sons. That’s a winning combination any day. Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there.

3 Likes

My granddaughter is a tour guide at Dutch Village in Holland Michigan and for Fathers Day she had to work but invited us to come and she gave us a tour. Here she is showing a street organ demonstration that I thought was pretty cool.

12 Likes

It seems they must have had rather comfy thinking chairs in the old days as well :smile:

1 Like

Ahaa! Now I see where you got your mechanical ideas for chunkers and all. Your grandaughter shows you how the old simple way of doing things is or was. You keep listening to her. ( instead of the cards with holes, she will probably eventually design a transistor and develop a computer) I know you are all about driving on “wood” but you might suggest she try “leather” for shoes. TomC

2 Likes

Wow…how cool is that? Do you know how old the organ is? Kinda makes you wonder how much we have lost over the years in knowledge and ability to design and build such a machine, without the use of computers and internet. Bet you was full of pride watching your granddaughter put on the demo. Thanks for the video.

1 Like

I saw one at a circus with my grandma once when I was a kid. I -think- it was one of those like one of the last ones that was original and not electric. It had moving Dolls and stuff on the front that played instruments. It was actually fun to watch. I liked it better then the circus itself.

2 Likes

Had tornado 11 miles from my house last week, type in millington tornados,or birch run tornado, it traveled in between them towns about 12 miles,then went back south east,they came from the illinois tornado cells.Years ago they had large tornado north past new england.

Wishing all a happy 4th of July .

My family will be getting together to celebrate over two hundred years of independence . We will celebrate with barbecue , a big meal and fellowship. Also we will be celebrating 11-12 years of motor fuel Independence by driving to the event without gasoline :blush:

13 Likes

Three of us enjoyed a cool summer day vertically. No she doesn’t agree with the supreme court.

4 Likes

If I could only of been a fly on the wall in the hotel room that Thomas Jefferson wrote on a piece of parchment, that WE are seceding from the country with the strongest army in the world, and if you don’t like it, then come and take it! Live free or DIE!

Got to see my whole family today, My brother lives down in Georgia and I only see him once a year.

3 Likes

At first I thought this was a wood gas car just draining condensate :grinning:

5 Likes

Perhaps you should add that feature to the tracker! You could go around lifting your tire on all the gas stations you pass.

3 Likes

I don’t know what category to post this in so I’m doing it here.
I found this tool? in a box of stuff that came with the Atlas lathe I just bought and I don’t know what it is. Anybody here know?

Hi Don, it is a piston ring tool, it expands them to put rings on pistons. Same tool I use, Al

3 Likes

You got a lathe !!! Now I’m really jealous. Hope it doesn’t need much to get it up and running

1 Like

Yeah Tom, I got it off Craigslist from a young guy who got it from his grandfathers estate. It sat in a barn for years. I don’t think he knew what it was worth because he asked $100 and I didn’t argue with that. It is an Atlas 12 x 36 with the quick change gears. It came with a 4 jaw chuck - wish it was 3 jaw. I cleaned and lubed it and everything works smooth. Now I got to learn how to use it. :grinning:

4 Likes