Life goes on - Summer 2016

Say that again. I’m not sure Mike LaRossa heard that!!

5 Likes

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Miscellaneous/Ammo-Boxes-Cases/120-MM-MORTAR-SHELL-AMMO-BOX-1-3324.axd

I’m one step closer to building a small charcoal gasifier. Do you think this might work? It is .050" thick steel wall.

2 Likes

5-1/2" wide means that there is only 2-3/4" from the nozzle center to the metal side. That ain’t much unless you plan on using that for a hopper and then drop a thicker and wider burner tube below like Koen does.
My lawn tractor has a 9-1/2 wide hopper that I put firebrick shields by the nozzle and that still gets hot to the touch.
I had mine running this afternoon 2 minutes after light up and that still amazes me!

3 Likes

See if you cant find an old SS milk jug. Here is one for example its pretty cool and even has a nice lid with hinge and latch.

2 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: Trailer project

Good morning all.

I am a little slow getting out of the house this morning , temps down in the 50s and too cold for us old southern folks.

I will be hooking a trailer to the V-10 for some hauling this morning ( has good heater ) . Also wood is drying fast and will need bagging . The wood pile keeps getting bigger even with quite a lot of driving . Last night I noticed 350 miles on the dakota tripometer . I think it was last weekend that I zeroed it .

Trucks are running great :relaxed: BBB

5 Likes

Notice the 47 degrees F in the corner. :wink:

6 Likes

-11 Celsius this morning and a dusting of snow… Glorious. Picture of the wood prep area for the maple syrup boiler with the frozen pond in the background

5 Likes

It gives me hope to post in ‘Summer 2016’ thread.
I’ve been making kindling to start my wood stove this winter. Last week I stumbled across bags of wood I chunked up to test my chunker. It was like getting hit in the forehead with a can of V8. I’m glad I bagged these up now. I briefly hit it with a propane torch from under the grate and my heat is back on.
It will be back into the 30’s this week. 1-3" of snow expected today. I should be able to resume making syrup on Tuesday.

9 Likes

It’s up close to 80 f here in SoCal. We’re close to water ski weather. I found an abpandoned RV trailer, about 30 ft. long. It is a Zieman so, it is good construction. I made a big tube grill that is bolted to the chassis rails. I wanted to haul my Farmall 560 up to oregon so, I added a third axle for a total of 2 with electric brakes. I made a mistake on balance and hauled the tractor through all those mountains with NO tongue weight. Later, I hauled it from Bend, Or, over the Cascades and out to Myrtle Point, Or. I have a total of 3 trailers that started life as RVs.

4 Likes

This morning the V-10 took a quick dump and right on into the garden spot with it. I know I should put the char in a compost first but sometime there is not enough hours in a day :confused:

Hauled in some long lumber with the V-10 .

Short video of me working on the HoneyDo list this afternoon.

SWEM :blush:

12 Likes

Hm…what’s that green stuff hanging from the trees?

2 Likes

Not sure! I seem to have a very vague memory of some kind of green stuff on our trees a long long time ago.

4 Likes

Good morning Andy and JO .

The green stuff hanging from the trees are solar collectors making motor fuel :blush:

17 Likes

The rain bow from last week is missing my beginners wood pile:smile :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Good morning all.

I have been out working the V-10 this morning while lawn mowers are doing their thing at home . ( turning grass clipping into $ ) :blush:

Also a couple of ridding lawn mowers .

12 Likes

Wayne: “Four-Leg Drive Lawnmowers”.

4 Likes

Besides “wood burners” I see a couple of “hay burners”.TomC

3 Likes

Trying to talk my bro too drive us out too argoes, for an over night,tent camp any way. his truck is better condition.

3 Likes

I hear ya. I am also looking for someone to go with me to Argos. Mainly to have a second driver for a 17 hour non stop drive, unless the gas tank says otherwise.

WM

1 Like