Life goes on - Summer 2016

In this part of Arkansas we have a lot of caves I have one in the back yard with a spring coming out we used to get our water for the house then we got a well drilled there is a lots of brown bats living in it they help take care of our mosquitoes .

4 Likes

[i used to work in concrete grain elevators ,small brown bats were everywhere, you never got mosqito bites.](http://i used to work in concrete grain elevators ,small brown bats were everywhere, you never got mosqito bites.)

3 Likes

All,

I am in Indy today attending my oldest dayghter’s graduation from High School. She is graduating a whole year early…so proud of her! Some of you may remember her from Argos, she was the blonde one! Kind of bitter sweet for me, but they have to move on regardless of your personal feelings at some point…

Both of my Daughters had a great time at Argos, I wasn’t sure how that would go for them, but they both loved it! Thanks to all for welcoming them into the Woodgas community.

Regards…Bryan

7 Likes

Congratulations Bryan .

Glad yall enjoyed Argos .

On another note , The hard maple you wanted me to test ran the truck very well :relaxed:

2 Likes

Wayne,

Great, nice to know for sure about the maple, I was hoping I hadn’t wasted my time. I have been putting it away in the shed as it dries.

Now for the truck to go with it!

Bryan

3 Likes

Bryan ,

I think the only concern you may have with your wood if you are not careful could be speeding tickets :blush:

2 Likes

And Mr. Wayne knows all about that!!! TomC

2 Likes

Mr. Tom , I also learned that a speeding ticket on my record increased the cost of my vehicle insurance ( and I am insuring 5 ) and it increased the cost of my home owner insurance to ???

3 Likes

Ouch! I wonder if that ticket increased your insurance premium by that same amount as if you’d been on solo insurance, e.g. Solo insurance would have gone up by 100$/year; family insurance went up by 100$/year. Or did it basically increase your premium by a percentage applied across the board for your family, e.g. Adding an increase to everybody’s premiums (+50$+50$+50$+50$+50$=250$ increase to the family plan)

I could do this with charcoal !

5 Likes

ought to make those peta folks happy. No more “abusing” those poor horses by making them pull it.

5 Likes

Hey Don, the original Ford quadricycle at the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, MI is on display. I searched for the air inlet and found it to be a 1/2 inch copper tube running to the underside of the seat. I think I could much easier build a woodgas damper for that setup. :wink:

3 Likes

I have one just like that only it still uses horse. It doesn’t belong to me 30 years ago a guy asked if he could put it in my barn Maybe we could share a project.TomC

3 Likes

hi bryan I run hard and soft maple all the time I keep hoping for syrup in them there tanks no luck so far just some nasty stuff I don’t will taste good on pancakes . :grinning:

3 Likes

Another dangerous insect has been spotted!

8 Likes

I am very aware of the bug. It bit me many years ago and I have spent most of my life since trying to get rid of it’s affects. TomC

4 Likes

That’s another Steve from nz… a very cool fellow

2 Likes

Wayne,

At this point, if I were to get pulled over for speeding running on wood, I wood be happy. I may change my mind about this when it actually happens.

Bryan

4 Likes

Late spring in the greenhouse and garden

13 Likes

High winds yesterday .

Lot of folks with trees on their house an roof damage . I was very lucky , no damage .

5 Likes