Life goes on - Summer 2016

Wow, that was a big wind. Some of those are going to be dangerous to get out, be careful.

2 Likes

Yea Wayne looks like saw logs fire wood wood gas & I think I even seen some tooth picks in there. My cows would get in there and clean up them green leaves.

2 Likes

I sure like the sound of that V-10 at low rpm.

2 Likes

There wasn’t any underbrush in among the trees. Do you pasture your cow in there. This is where my wood chunker would work well. Hook the tractor up to the chunker, and put my trailer on behind and I can go right to the tree and cut and chunk the tree limbs. My woods have a lot of under brush and with 3 pieces of equipment, I sometimes get into an area where I can’t turn around. As with many things---- planning is important. TomC

2 Likes

Yes Carl , this timber can be very dangerous . :confounded:

Robert , I don’t need any wood right now but will store it away for a rainy day.

Yes Don the V-10 has a unique sound .

Hello Mr. Tom .

Most of the area shown in the video is in pasture and will have a high browse line .

On another note the picture below is me firing up the dakota early this morning plus a little priming of the gasifier. Just a few minutes later I was on I-59 going fast.

I believe if I wanted to risk it the little dakota could hit the century mark on the speedometer ( with just a little down grade ) :grin:

Happy Fathers day to all the Dads :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hey there Wayne. Around here in Michigan, a good storm will produce Craigslist ads for free wood every time.
On that century mark mention, not that I want to do that any time soon, what choke diameter at what distance below the nozzles are you running now a days(Dakota)? Enjoy your fathers day. Doug D.

1 Like

Good morning Doug.

I couldn’t remember ( old age ) so looked back through the 95 dakota thread.

7.5 inch choke , 14.5 inches below the nozzles

3 Likes

Happy Father’s Day to all…

Bryan

3 Likes

Working a new job lately, haven’t had much time for woodgas projects. We’re installing things in stores. Example, the big letters “Dairy” or “Meat & Seafood” in your grocery store, plus all the aisle markers, graphics, and window stickers.

Last week we did a JCPenney store in Columbus OH, about 50 new displays, some painting and drywall as well.

8 Likes

Happy Father’s Day to you all. And a happy Day to all the other members. Heading out in the boat to drop a couple of lines in the water, will see if Dana and I can put a few Walleyes in the boat for dinner. The 92 Dakota project moving along just fine.
Bob

4 Likes

For Father’s Day today, our family went to a lumber baron’s home and couldn’t find anything that Menards would sell. They had pictures of fallen Michigan logs that were twice the diameter of the man standing next to it.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g42499-d2172518-Reviews-Hackley_and_Hume_Historic_Site-Muskegon_Muskegon_County_Michigan.html#photos;geo=42499&detail=2172518&ff=154125011&albumViewMode=hero&albumid=101&baseMediaId=154125011&thumbnailMinWidth=50&cnt=30&offset=-1&filter=7

3 Likes

I love old architecture and houses. I went through Bay City on my way to the second “Woodgas Get to Gather” in Goodyear, Mi. On the way home I parked the truck and walked about 5 or 6 blocks, taking pictures of the big beautiful homes. As for the “big” trees that were logged, my area borders the UP and what happened in the UP also went on in NE Wiconsin. If I ever get around, I want to do a WK drive only instead of talking about the gages and how the truck is running, I want to give you a history lessen on my area. There won’t be any big old houses but maybe some newer ones. Stay tuned TomC

5 Likes

Good morning Tom Collins

You said you like videos of the country side . This is some of my neck of the woods.

You ,Don ,Doug probably don’t drive on this type terrain very much :grinning:

If one is pulling a small trailer you can look out the window and read it’s license plat while going around some of these curves :joy:

13 Likes

Wayne, you are right about the terrain difference here but I will trade the condition of your asphalt surface any day. Frost is the enemy here for roads.

4 Likes

Thanks Mr. Wayne ( and your camera person) for taking the time to give the "scenic " tour. As with many roads when looking ahead it is hard to tell if you are going up hill or down. But there was no doubt when we looked down that you had been going up. I especially liked the ride because your roads are relatively primitive. In places the edge of the road and then the birm rose up a foot or so, like the bulldozer just cut out a hump to level off the road a bit. Out town has gotten over zealous with making the roads safe for drunks. They have a 66 ft. right of way and they clear cut everything back to the RW line. If I get a movie going you will see all of our roads are wide open miniature freeways. Thanks again for taking the time. and I for one thought it was beautiful. TomC

3 Likes

When the left side, right side tree limbs touch you know you’re in the country.

6 Likes

Hi Wayne
Looks like you come to my part of the woods. That’s typical driving for around here we have two kinds of country—up or down. I remember you talking about northern Arkansas just keep going north about 150 mi and you will find my place.

3 Likes

Thanks for the ride Wayne. That takes me back home to New York. Similar here but instead of mountains we have lakes.

2 Likes

Thanks Wayne. You live in a beautiful place.

This is my village a warm late evening in July 2008. My house to the left in white.

On a nearby field in wintertime. Not as warm.

12 Likes

Having your own source of “wind chill” strapped to your back has to be “fun” in the winter.

1 Like