Life goes on - Summer 2016

Hi Carl
I like your red neck pool.
A week ago it was hot enough that I would have been rolling around in there to.

2 Likes

Hello Jim .

I did the welding on the band .

I pulled the camera out while running around for skidder parts.

3 Likes

Do those braking bands do controlled slipping (like riding the brakes down a hill) or is it more “on/off” just for holding?

If they are used for controlled slipping braking, then they’d heat up a bit and slowly anneal/lose their spring, so the theory has merit.

Hello Brian.

Should be very little slipping , kinda like bands in an automatic trans . Just enough slip to avoid shock .

2 Likes

I will have to be more careful posting videos public.

Here is a public comment on the above video and my reply ( running errands with the dakota wood burner )

“How irresponsible, not only speeding but filming using a handheld camera.”

"Hello Mr. Wilton .
I agree 100% A case of poor judgement "

Not everyone appreciates renewable energy and demonstrating in the real world .
I went back and change the video to unlisted :confounded:

8 Likes

OK but just don’t stop making videos.:smile:

6 Likes

Hey Wayne. I remember a video of young Tally driving the old Ford on woodgas while you explained how easy it was (before DOW) and someone criticized his lack of seatbelt wearing. I showed someone a picture of my truck and they said how could I ever run it through an automatic car wash. I just have to realize who’s opinion matters to me.

9 Likes

Hello Wayne
No matter what one does there will be negative people, don’t stop making videos just post them were their appreciated :smile:

5 Likes

There are people that criticize videos like it’s their job. They must not have anything better to do. By finding flaws in posted videos means they were paying attention but missed the point.
You sir are doing good for this world and I wouldn’t change a thing because of someone.

10 Likes

Wayne,

Somehow, while I was working on learning about how to make a gasoline evaporator, probably a very dangerous idea, I stumbled onto one of your videos. That video has and will positively alter the rest of my life. You make a difference in this world. Anyone can criticize, few understand, fewer still can duplicate what you have accomplished in your life with your trucks. Keep making videos, regardless of all the absolutely stupid people out there.

I was on an industry tour the other day. The guide was trying to explain Coal gasification to the group. He began by saying “this is a very old, but clean process which produces what we call Coal Gas. The smoke from the Coal is pulled down through the fire which makes a gas that we capture to power the entire steel mill. We are self sufficient here.” " Very few people know or understand this process and most of the people working here have no idea where our power comes from." Somebody on the tour piped up and said to the guide…“There is no such thing as Clean Coal”. The guide didn’t argue and I just smiled, thinking about some of the times I have been standing next to you and one of your trucks and listening to the comments and questions that people have. They are looking at complete success and can’t quite wrap their heads around the concept or want to completely complicate your proven time tested system designs…

…oh well, keep making videos for all of us who have ears to hear. I always learn something new from every one. If not a lesson on woodgass, a reminder to press on in my quest for self produced energy, now for me only months away. Your videos will live on forever, inspire many, as you have inspired all of us!

Bryan

10 Likes

Regarding the video critics and ensuing discussion.
I used to get so very frustrated when trying to explain how to do something to someone and they just didn’t get it… I would think, It’s just SO SIMPLE!! why cant you get this? At some point I came to realize that I, (Like most of the fellows here) am a lot smarter than the average bear. What seems so simple and obvious to me, just isn’t to the average person. this understanding has helped me a lot to be patient and tolerant with others.

9 Likes

Thanks guys for all the above nice comments .

Hope everyone has a great Independence day .

I am about to fire up the Sunday truck and will be putting 100 plus miles down enjoying even more independence . :grinning:

12 Likes

It would of been a shame to disk this up so I put it to good use before prepping for a new crop… :grinning:

2 Likes

What is it? :stuck_out_tongue: Almost, but not quite looks like it could be some sort of nightshade, or sunflower whether a tiny flower. I have no idea, really.

1 Like

Andrew, This is a special group. Sometimes we have “gift blindness.” Having a gift or aptitude by definition makes you able to do or see easily what others cannot do, or only do with difficulty. There are lots of different kinds of intelligence. Gasifiaction has just the right kind and amount of complexity for my personality, temperament and aptitudes. I have good friends that do things with ease and calm that I could never do (like play a video game or type with more than two fingers). Ask them to repair or build a simple machine, and they go completely berserk and meltdown.
Thanks to you Wayne, many of us have found a fun community of friends who get our kind of smart.

10 Likes

Also worth mentioning: it has zero bearing on their knowledge of gasifiers if someone comments about something like Tally not wearing his seatbelt. Maybe they wouldn’t be the best fit in the community here, but it says nothing about if they’re understanding the video itself or not.

2 Likes

I finally found myself some logs (the 3 smaller ones right next to the driveway) to test the lumber-maker on. :slight_smile: Thanks @pepe2000 and @BillSchiller!

4 Likes

We put some miles on the dakota today ( 100 plus ) to a family reunion at a park.

I pulled down to to one end of the park where I remembered taking a picture before .

Same park and people , different truck and gasifier .

How time flies .:confused:

14 Likes

Hello Tom C.

You said you like videos so here is a short one from this morning :relaxed:

3 Likes

Nice to see you rest, Wayne. Never thought of bamboo growing in Alabama. You must have tried that in woodgassing, right?

3 Likes