Life goes on - Summer 2016

Fixed…

1 Like

Hello Larry i am near done on my gasifier, the truck i had picked out for my first gasifier. Is an old 1984 gmc 3/4 ton power slide tranny.I am unimployed or nearly, and have too get motor back in my truck with or without crank shaft grind.I think the motor is still good .as the flywheel was cracked and it sounded lick a rod knock
.so i pulled the motor out too put a 350 back in it , but the motor i bought on craigs list was cracked in about 6 places, looks like its back too the 305 for now, as i got no receit for the motor i bought and dought if a judge would be able too help with no receit.i seen the water pump leak rust when takeing apart, and sure enough the idiot forgot too tip the motor over or and dump some anti freez in the wayer jacket.it got dam cold for week or two last winter,and thats why the roads turned too crap this spring. Good luck with your truck and dont by one of the lotos plasma cutters ad mine lasted about 20 hours before the circuit board poped.and its 90.00 bucks too send back too CA.every time she pops.under there one year warrentee.it is suposed too bee 100% At 50 amps but it over heats and the light comes on at 35 amps 60 % duty cycle.untill it poped.the guy says he will fix it for the 90 buck shipping , due too i had callef him month before it poped and quite all to gether.one day before or aftet petchase date, but not delivety date.good luck with china tools, or buy older transformer migs and plasma cutter, which is what i should have done.

1 Like

Hey Kevin. I have that same Lotos for a couple of years with no problem with the circuit boards. What saves the machine is that it is fed by 30 amp breakers. This means no more than 5 minutes use at a time before the Square D complains abruptly. A pain in the a**, but I won’t be stressing out low duty cycle construction from China. So… change your breakers downward and keep using it. I just multitask at the same time.

1 Like

Hi Doug Frost, i new mine was faulty when i first got it.If i let the piolit arc run more than 30 or so seconds with out cutting steel. It would over heat shut off the ligjt is on for 1 too 3 minuts, or i would have too flip the braker on back the machine too reset the light out .too restart. I am getting a new machine hopefully, due too this one was faulty too begin With.Only thing i dident have time too test it the first 30 days free returns.I BOUGHT the 7000 hopeing too not ovet work it, so even running at 35 amps ay the machine it. Was over loading from the piolit circuit side.Good luck with your plasma, my next gest may be from the tranformer cave mines, if he has it hooked up with a temp shut off.

OMG Monty Python is one of my favorite shows!
Brit

2 Likes

Kevin I am glad to hear your gasifier is almost done.I hope the 305 motor works for you. I just got a welder and am going to be looking at plasma cutters. I don’t now anything about them.Like I said I’m gust scrounging up parts.

1 Like

Chris Thank you. I feel much better now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the good hopes, and we are all learning as we go, i am slow with computors myself, and allways leaning new ideas and tools as i work with them, the plasma cutters are much faster and cooler with the thinner metals to work with like outer drumb barrels and so on.take your time buying tools.ask lots of questains is you have any.BBB-SWEM when we can.

Cool hydraulic chuncker!

9 Likes

This was most satisfying to watch thank you!

4 Likes

Sweet, Sweet, Sweet, very sweet!!!

4 Likes

That press comeing down on the pies does good easy uniform cuts, shuold make the drying process more timely uniform.dry dry dry. No less than about 10 percent moisture or will cause more smoke.not less smoke.

1 Like

I’ve thought and thought about something like that but couldn’t figue out where the space needed for the blades would come from??? Wish we could see how the blades actually go down, has to be guaduated from front to back of cutters to allow for space for blades??? Very clever!!! Herb

4 Likes

It looks to me the blades are straight up and down, no taper except maybe a knife shape at the start. The blocks are held down from the back and the space is allowed to push the front half of the block forward.

I have thought about this a lot also. I like the idea of “small” gasifiers, but when you go to that you have to use pellets or charcoal. I don’'t care for either of those. A couple of guys make sugar cube out of pallet material, but it is a two or three step process.

How is the A Bone coming. TomC

2 Likes

As l see it there are 2 blades diagonal to each other and a ramp that is fixed on a separate cylinder to lock the wood in place. But looks like it only splits spruse or pine with stright grains, l wuld like to see how wuld it work on oak or other hardwood with more “mixed” grains

3 Likes

I have cut 4+in. limbs into hockey puck type pieces and then hit them with a hatchet. Even in oak, that short distance that you are spitting seems to go straight. Nothing like splitting 18 inch logs where the grain wanders. TomC

2 Likes

When into splitters, and more realistic for everyone of us who already have an ordinary hydraulic splitter, I’ve often thought of welding a splitting cut like on one of these:
With automated “back and forth” you’ll be busy just feeding it.

6 Likes

This is a clever idea.

8 Likes

Good morning all.

A full week of wood burning. Moving equipment , hauling tractors and hay , trips to the farm supply and parts stores . Even took off long enough to take the wife shopping ( dakota ).

A wild guess would be 500-800 pounds of wood used.

Will be burning more today and tomorrow .

Make hay while the sun shines .

BBB

13 Likes

The hay is looking good. I’ve been out early in the mornings picking four 700 foot long rows of Black-Eyed Peas. Two of the rows have been planted on sandy soil amended with Ag Char. All the peas are doing well, and are just getting into production, which means they need to be picked at least once each day.

After picking, they need to be refrigerated immediately. The pea sheller machine holds about 5 buckets, and is a real time-saver. The pea picker needs to be careful not to pick peas that are two green if they are going into the sheller.

9 Likes