Life goes on - Summer 2016

That is excellent work Herb.
Master of all trades.

5 Likes

Thanks Calvin, that’s what I like about DOW, it seems to draw the real DIYers that we can all learn from!!
Today I rolled the"A" out between rains and got a little better pic of interier! It’s hard to get a good shot of it, it’s so small inside the car!! I was trying to jazz it up a little by putting that ZZ pattern in it instead of just that silver color!!!

5 Likes

Working steady… Looks like we’ll be going right through the winter and next year too.

Ever wondered who puts all the letters on the walls at grocery stores? We do…

7 Likes

Besides saving $2-3000 in labor, it appears to me that you got a better job. I doubt if you would have gotten so many nice inlays. As a person who bought his first Hot Rod Magzine in 1948 and had a collection of most for many years, your rod would be appropriate for the cover. What was the condition of the car when you purchased it??? TomC

3 Likes

Thanks Tom, I always been a Hot Rod nut too! This is what I started with, I gave a guy 50$ for what you see in the pic!! I brought a Sedan Delivery kit from Gibbons fiberglass, that took care of most of the body behind the doors, 4 new fiberglass fenders, built a new frame out of 2x4 tubing, picked up doors at a swap meet and a few other parts!! It’s been an ongoing project for the last 30 years or so!!!

8 Likes

Chris I can no longer get to the home site or the premium section if that is what it is called .the computer brings up some forms for me to fill out when I try it tells me I need to reset my pass word witch I though just did . I know I am really dumb about computers.Please fix or tell me how to fix this.Thanks. Sorry for being such a block head but these computers really baffle me

1 Like

Wow 30 years on one project. You are “stubborn”!!! I moved to Calif after college to be near the scene, but got all rapped up in work and career, which in the end went no place. I brought a '47 Mercury coupe back with me from Calif and it has set in the barn for 30 years. Got wound up in building this farm and woodgas— when I am gone, the Merc will become someones “barn find”. TomC

4 Likes

Oh good ChrisKY.
Now you will get some practical experience on battery-use power pacs.
Forget to plug-in off-shift, and no workie the next shift.
Have a charger go bad; blow a circuit supply breaker; have someone breaker-off and again no workie the next shift.
Then batteries watering; terminal cleaning and such.
Really amazing machines with just a little care and attention.
S.U.

2 Likes

As much time as I spend in “the barn”, I may one day become somebody’s “barn find”! :scream:

8 Likes

Chis please disregard my last reply I can get to the premium section again.I don’t know if I’m all set but I’m good for now. Sorry for being a pest. Are you one of the guys in the pitcher of the store?

No problem, glad you got it worked out. Let me know if you have further issues.

Photo details: I’m on the ground behind the camera, my job right then was “spotting the lift”… yes, just stand there and watch them work. OSHA safety rules. He’s up there hanging a tomato sign in the produce area.
Also you see two guys putting letters on the wall, spelling out: “Fresh food for your family. Every day.” and “Quality & freshness, always guaranteed. Its our promise.

Actually, nobody I’ve talked to ever realized there even were words on the wall… I think that makes this some sort of subliminal advertising.

4 Likes

I just have to jump in here and say, " What a beautiful day in Northeast Wisconsin". Started out in the 80’s and 70+ humidity, but by 1 in the afternoon the sky cleared the humidity dropped into the low 60’s and the sky was with no clouds, just a rich blue.". You will hear me complain about future days as winter comes along, but you can always through this day back in my face. It was perfect. May yours be the same. TomC

7 Likes

I’d like your kind of job at Wayne’s place. Do you think he would hire me?

4 Likes

Can you do like Chris did and play the guitar while Mr. Wayne works??? ( wishh I could post that picture that Wayne posted long before many of you fellows were on here I think they were working on Chris’s first Dodge)TomC

5 Likes

I wish I cuold, but watching wood grow, dry or burn is the closest to music I get.

2 Likes
11 Likes

that’s too funny chris glade it was brought up.

4 Likes

The future of mobility seems to be coming around. Here are the benefits:
a) choice parking spots

b) discounted insurance rates

c) best traffic avoidance to destination

d) happy hour can be morphed into happy night

e) enjoy infotainment in route

f) oil changes and general maintenance handled while you’re at home

g) law enforcement shifted to handling real crime

h) groceries delivered to your home via your car

i) elderly no longer need a license

j) vehicle drivetrain vastly prolonged

Of course penalties will have to be implemented for reluctance in adopting the future.

1 Like

Chris Ya I’m having trouble again. Can not get to the premium section again. It keeps telling me that my name user name and pass word are wrong.This has sure got me stumped.

Maybe they will come out with a robot that will drink beer for us too, so we won’t have to do that either.

4 Likes