Life goes on - Summer 2019

Wayne,
I can’t find the “didn’t like the subject but thanks for sharing” button. :persevere:

5 Likes

I took the Ranger to the local FFA car show today. Won this for inventiveness. Last year the 48 F-1 won top choice.

17 Likes

Congratulations. I always wanted a little deuce coupe. Are you the one that has the King midget? TomC

1 Like

Wayne that definitely sucks. But that is definitely a problem with cows people think goats will eat anything only because they don’t know what a cow will chew on or rub against.
Sometimes I wonder if cows think the entire world is edible.

5 Likes

No, that’s Andy. 48 is the one as my picture.

2 Likes

Congratulation Al.

We are proud of you :grinning:

6 Likes

Well I had a good day. Got my D15 back out in the field loading hay today. Got 240 bales out of 600 that where baled today up out of the field that is pretty good for a crew of one.

11 Likes

Sorry about the calf, @Wayne
Congratulations, @trikebuilder57. I’m proud to to have ridden the award winner.
Happy haying @DanNH :smile:

5 Likes

I accepted the award, but thought of it as a win for all of us here.

7 Likes

Wayne, sad to see a dead calf…

Been wasting too much time fetching tools and stuff so decided to make a tool/repair trailer from mostly junk laying about. Now just pull up to and machine and go at it.

11 Likes

Been digging four post holes to put up a big-top over the mill. Too hot for me but Mr. Seymour, the one I am pointing at, was a good investment. People use this to dig 20’ plus water wells. Three and a half feet got my feet wet!

Oh, that was the back of my woodgas IHC truck. At the time of woodgas it had it’s original bed or maybe 2/3 of it! Now it is part of the tool/repair trailer. Up cycling…

7 Likes

Wayne, sorry about that Calf. Can’t lose too many of those or the Schedule F will be in the red. Several weeks ago we found one laying out in the pasture, and thought he was finished. I thought maybe someone used him for target practice, and when I tried to turn him over, he let out a bawl. Here’s the whole story: Bull Calf with possible Snake Bite?

3 Likes

Hello Ray and thanks for the post.

I have lost cattle for many reasons but this is my first from electricity. I think this happen during or just after some heavy rain .

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Ray and Wayne. Interasting coincidence regarding electricity. Me, my father and my son were swiming in the river the other day when suddenly a ligtning hit somewhere in the river bank about 1-2 miles upstream. We all felt a slight zap, like a weak electric fence. It was a interasting experiance, and now l can say l was hit by ligtning :smile:

11 Likes

HI jeff that looks like a nice tool too use, 20 years ago my dad and i built our 40 by 64 foot pole barn useing hand operated power auger, lucky the solid clay was soft in the spring time. dureing the two week setting the poles project, we were on a mostly baked potatos meals.

5 Likes

I’ve heard you Southerners report schools closing due to an inch of snow in winter time.
News are reporting schools are closing down around here right now, due to heat. 28C (82F) :grin:
(No joke)

7 Likes

What ??? 82F? 82F is our prefered room temperature.:grinning::sweat:

6 Likes

Hey J.O. school heat problems happening here also for the last two days.
95F. and 99F.
Very local problem here due to quick heating/drying upland winds out-flowing past mountain ring walls to the ocean, compression heating the air.
Sirocco’s these are call in north Africa.
Santa Anna’s in southern California.
We call them Chinooks here Pacific NorthWest.
The schools with problems are the older ones without air-conditioning capability. Floor radiant steam heating systems only. Or wall steam radiators.
Was never a problem when schools began the 2nd week of September to allow for late harvest labor. Now urban-scheduled August beginnings: a problem.

“As the World Turns” (a very contrived daytime television never-ending romantic saga)
The real World? Adapt, or be miserable.
HEY! I am getting lots of red ripened tomatoes out of this event! Roll with the flow, eh.
Steve Unruh

8 Likes

If it is 82 F ambient, I wonder what it is about 2:00 in the after noon in a paper mill where the dryers are. Good time to be on the night shift. TomC

4 Likes

Well at the headlight factory the second shift was definitely not where you wanted to be the temp in the building would peak at about 6pm and not start to cool down until 10pm second shift ran from 3 to 11:30. I did that for 5 years as an electronics technician. I definitely don’t miss that job. Only place I ever saw where they had portable AC units blowing cold air on the workers but dumping the heat back into the building. Little portable units about the size of a refrigerator they would roll out on the production floor. Dumbest idea I had ever seen I mean it couldn’t have cost much to put the heat exchanger outside could it?
But I always thought dumping heat out of the back of the box and cold out the front in the same factory floor space was also the perfect image for how crazy that factory was.

7 Likes