Life goes on - Summer 2019

Same happen to me a few years back with the Mountain Men show . I was asked to go there and build the truck and gasifier off camera and make it appear they built it. Drama had to be created some way ( blow up , catch fire , ect ) I might have made a few extra dollars but I wanted no part of it.

When JO and Kritijan took turns riding with me to Argos they said it was somewhat boring riding the long trip in the wood burner but they meant it as a complement. Nothing to do but listen to the purr of the motor and watch the miles go by :grinning:

10 Likes

True. Fortunately Jakob and Kristijan created some drama :smile: Kristijan drinking beer to supply Jakob with empty cans for patching material. Nothing blew up, but you can’t have it all :smile:

11 Likes

Jakob is planning a cross country wood gas trip now. I expect he’ll be asking everyone how much help they are willing to be with wood and showers and places to sleep, etc. for those who happen to live close to the route. Just a heads up.

8 Likes

If he’s heading north, I will chunk some wood up for him.

5 Likes

No problem… :smile:

9 Likes

I will have wood ready to go and a place to stay, the motor home is ready to stay in. Full hook up.
East Wenatchee on 37th and Impire Ave., just off Highway 2 from Spokane, Washington where I-90 goes through. This is the northern route across the USA. Mike Gibb is in Kent Washington south of Seattle. I KNOW HE HAS WOOD.
Bob

4 Likes

Hi Billy; Jacob is welcome here any time . We have plenty of wood and room for him!!

3 Likes

We had an eventful day around here. Jakob got his chunker going. Man, that thing is so much fun it will be hard to get anything else done around here. :smile:

And Jesse got Mike’s gasifier flared. Making really blue gas. I’m pretty sure he flared it long enough to get through the charcoal he started with. But we;ll see how it’s converting wood tomorrow when we open it up. :wink:

And I met with the insurance man. He seemed very interested in getting us paid. He even brought up the term “pain & suffering”, so maybe that’s a good thing. :confused:

Also, I shipped off that pallet of R-11 refrigerant I found a while back. Turns out that stuff is worth a lot. So I think we will be alright on these doctor expenses now. Also, I found 3 compressed nitrogen bottles in the same place. (Free Stuff listing on Craig’s List). I took them in today to the welding supply and they swapped them out even for one Argon and two O2 bottles. I was worried we’d have to put new valves in, but it worked out great. :grin::sunglasses:

Tomorrow I have to go to Atlanta for pre-op appointment with anesthesiologist, etc…Surgery next Thursday. I’ll be very glad to rid of this cane and these pill bottles. Lord Willing. :scream::cold_sweat::fearful::weary::exploding_head::crazy_face:

And then tomorrow evening we have a meeting with the directors of the group we work with in Congo to discuss developing our training center there.

And then of course there is the ever present demand for pressure canners to be cooking this time of year…
Tomatoes are coming now…:grinning:
Busy times.

11 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Sounds to me like they are worried more of your medical issues could be their responsibility. You should probably talk to your doctor before signing anything with the insurance company.

1 Like

Don’t worry. Ever since the United States Army got a hold of me I have been very timid about signing anything.

I met with the doctors etc today for pre-op stuff. Atlanta is far away, so it makes for early mornings. I can hardly stand to think of letting someone carve on my spine, but I can’t wait for this to be over with. Next Thursday!:crazy_face:

8 Likes

You guys may recognize some of these old cars better than I do.
Midsummer celebration in Vintjärn SWEDEN.

9 Likes

Thanks for the video. Those were right out of my era. I was in my teens and had just gotten my real drivers license, worked in gas stations after school, and was totally up to my neck in car. I am quite surprised at the number of 4 door vehicles. Not many people put that kind of money into 4 doors over here. TomC

6 Likes

This is one I restored 2 years ago, it was shipped to Holland. IMG_1172

11 Likes

Thanks JO .

I am old enough that I have owned or ridden in many of those makes and models :grinning:

4 Likes

I was rushing but the rain caught me with my hay down .

4 Likes

I replaced the florescent lights which the ballasts have been going bad for like 2 years, with new led lights! the 5000 lumen ones are on sale at harbor freight for 20 bucks, but I found linkable ones for 22 from farm and fleet, so I got those instead. :slight_smile: I think it uses the same watts, just much brighter! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It must be a lot brighter. If I remember correctly the comparison is something like 60 watts incandescent 10 watts fluorescent and 2 watts LED provide the same luminosity. I could be off a little but that is the ratio which sticks in my head from a few years back when LED where expensive and you really had to buy them because you wanted them. Now they are very affordable and I like the light of the warm or more yellow ones better anyway.

2 Likes

Usually 800 lumens = 60 watts incandescent = 13w fluorescent = 9-10w LED.

You can get more efficiency in specialty stuff but that’s the standard comparison.

My favorite thing about LED is the cooler temps on the bulb. First one I ever bought went in my corded shop light. No more burned fingers!

Don’t put these new ultra-cheap LED bulbs in a ceiling fan. The flicker makes an awful, strobe-like pattern.

7 Likes

Wow, the 56 Chevy is my favorite car. I was 14 and my uncle let me drive his new
3 speed on the column, V8, man I was in heaven, yahoooooo!

5 Likes