Life goes on - Summer 2022

Thank you Tone, yeah, boys gotta play sometime, tomorrow it’s all-day gasifier work. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Good to hear you are ok, Cody, kidney stones are no fun, ouch :worried:

6 Likes

Cody, my ex coworker had them twice. His doctor prescribed 3 beers dayly for preventitive measures, no joke.

8 Likes

I’ve been told unsweetened apple juice is good for preventing stones.

3 Likes

Liquids, namely water is the easiest.

It might work to dissolve the minerals that caused kidney stones but it is also a diuretic so it increases the amount of urination and ends up dehydrating you. So you also need lots of water with this one. Or cheap american piss-water beer. (or maybe that isn’t just an american thing.)

5 Likes

Got my prescriptions, I’m following up with my GP on Monday. Hopefully I’ll pass it soon. I’d hate to lose my Sunday lying in bed.

3 Likes

drink lots of water. if your piss is anywhere close to a yellowish tint , you probably aren’t drinking enough. :slight_smile: i personally would do the lemon juice treatment. I can drink fresh squeezed lemonade. i am not so sure about the rest of the home remedies. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bummer I just read the war between Canada and Denmark came to a close this summer, and the ‘whiskey war’ has officially come to an end. :frowning:
The barren Arctic island that sparked Canada and Denmark’s Whisky War?

1 Like

Had a fun storm damage maple today, broke out three tops and one still standing about 60 feet up and branches almost touching the ground 6 hours later ready for chipping and a few loads of firewood. Not wood supply cause I didn’t take any it was mostly dry and hard as a rock, don’t want to beat up my chunker that bad

Measured 44” across the stump

15 Likes

I thought i should post this for the generator guy’s :smiley:
The other day i was at a quarry, doing service work on a Scania GenSet. Just standard, yearly service, oil change, filter, fuel filters, valve clearance and unit injector adjustment.

Scania industrial/marine division, 850hp v8.
Generator 440kW.

Theres some serious wiring on this machine.
I shouldnt really have my fingers so close, when this monster is running, (yeah, the blue is neutral, but 4 inch to the right is the three phase,400v) :roll_eyes: :zap:

9 Likes

I am asking Almighty God The Yehovah in is word Name Yesuha to heal you up of this kidney stone. For His Name Sake. Amen.
Bob

10 Likes

Today I have set aside to get all my machines ready for winter. Change oils and make sure they start is most of it. I have a Stihl MS 271 chain saw that wouldn’t start. Has spark so I figured the needle valve in the carb may be stuck so I pulled the fuel line out, took off the filter and stuck the straw from a can of carb cleaner in the hose and gave it a squirt. You do not want to do that. Popped the gas line. That model Stihl is about the worst I’ve had when it’s comes time to pull the carb. Also have a Husky 460 that I have to replace the chain oiler pump on. I starting to get real affectionate for that battery Echo I bought.

3 Likes

Did you ever get that four stroke chainsaw?

3 Likes

I did. Actually I got it back in April and it’s still sitting where I unboxed it, never run. Don’t ask me why. I don’t have an explanation. I have a lot of other stuff I think I may need some day not even taken out of their boxes. This week I’ll fuel it up and do a short video of it doing some work.

12 Likes

I’m impatiently awaiting the video. :slight_smile: If you need a threat to get motivated, then just a reminder, I am only 3 hours away, I like chainsaws, and I show up to places unexpectedly. Oh, and I am out of ‘Detention’ wine from peninsula cellars. :rofl:

9 Likes

Well just remember “Visit Traverse on vacation, go home on probation…”. Just ask our former undersheriff.

3 Likes

Isn’t that tribal property? I didn’t think they could arrest you for operating while intoxicated on private property.

2 Likes

Making hay while the sun shines :grinning:

15 Likes

Thanks for the ride Wayne
Is your hay just for your personal cows or do you sell the excess as well? I know you cant use it all for hay filters :rofl:

3 Likes

Well we caught 4 Walleye but took two trips out on the lake to do it fishing pretty slow.
Bob

5 Likes