Life goes on - Winter 2015

That is neat that it was made in Alabama!

1 Like

Interesting read about the history of Birmingham Stove & Range, and cast iron in general:

http://www.modemac.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Birmingham_Stove_and_Range

1 Like

Wife and I put a couple hundred miles on the dakota today with a ride up in north Alabama .

A little red truck took up with us and followed us to the house.

It seems real sweet , I think we will let it stay here.:joy:

11 Likes

Wayne, for as many of those Dodges that follow you home, you should open up a humane society and place them with loving woodgas families.

6 Likes

Wrong color :grinning:

Is it a '96?

1 Like

Only 75k on the clock? Wow! That’s a find.

2 Likes

Thanks guys ,

Marvin it is a 95

I wish 1995 trucks looked like that around here!

2 Likes

I would be happy if 2005 trucks looked that nice :grin:

2 Likes

You didn’t get them all Wayne, one followed me home too!

7 Likes

Looks good Jim :relaxed:

Thanks Wayne, IT is as good as I could find around here but nothing like the ones south or west. The rust is there but just has not crept past the fender flairs yet. I wasn,t really looking but stumbled on it and was cheep enough needing repairs to 4x4 ,trans , motor and tires. All but tires was low or no cost. I carried a fire tube in the shop but have not started on it yet want to get my big one done first.

2 Likes

Makes me want to go buy a truck!

2 Likes

Here’s a history of where the most and largest wood stoves came from. Their ornamental and patented designs had a good reason. The Henry Ford Museum has at least a hundred of them in every configuration.

2 Likes

This old Glenwood came with a house my folks bought in 1961. I heated with it for a while in the early 70s. The box stove side plate that says Norway I dug up at the site of and old steam mill way up in the woods.

We’ve been heating 100% wood for about 40 years. Love my Jotul F400 Castine.

4 Likes

It snowed

5 Likes

Great read. Thanks Doug

Yes it was Bill I want that cook stove on the cover fro my planned remodel.

2 Likes

Hey Jim, nice to see you on here again.
Now that we are moved up north, I would like to pay you a visit when you have time.

That would be great Bill. I been wanting to call but lost my phone splitting wood, found it a few days latter under the snow in the path of the ax. New one uses a different sim and all contacts lost. I am free most all the time, just puttering and tinkering. Give me a call. I’ll even send you home with a load of firewood Truck is coming along but I tend to overthink things and make them harder than they really have to be.

2 Likes