Life goes on - Winter 2016

Here in southern Ontario outside the big cities, MANY are status symbols. Just like an C63 AMG might be in Toronto. My boss just bought a new truck, and it was over 70 grand, does no work, zero. It is a beautiful machine though, it is really more like a luxury vehicle that could tow or haul a little (if he absolutely had to!). The parking lot at work looks like a used truck dealership.

I won’t impinge on his ability to do so though, because one day he might get a petition going to ban all antique heavy equipment!! Not to mention the big spenders no matter how needless it may be actually raise choice and lowers costs on consumer goods for the rest of us.

I will say it is hard to see all the showing off though. It’s like no one can find any self worth outside of physical possessions and one-upmanship.

Pfft!

2 Likes

Have a look at JO’s rabbit, just what you’re thinking of, well documented and well proven🙂

4 Likes

I will have too check with jo. On his fire tube dementions and temps he is steady maintaining in the main tar cooking sections of his design fire tube and preheat sectors. I dont know how many miles he has down with tar free gas, but the imbert or what ever his design is, its light enough for small vehicles and seems too be tar free so far so good.Not all that much detailed design featurs or hard too find it all scattered about his 6 or 800 page thread.anyway if i had his design on a 5 page doc. It would be much better than scattered all over the thread. Of coarse i could miss a baffle or check valve plate pos. Anyway.HWWT.

1 Like

The same goes in the states especially in more rural areas. I get it. The US laws aren’t really going after those consumers either. The US laws are more about trying to establish a market competitive to oil so the 06/07 price increases doesn’t topple the economy and require trillions in bailout. This includes starting a war, because that money doesn’t come out of the general budget. Back in 06/07, you no other choice but to pay the price at the pump unless you had an e85 vehicle, and then it still wasn’t all that inexpensive if you could find it. The price of ethanol dropped considerably by 2014.

1 Like

Also Don’s Geo tracker was first powered by wood WK inspired but with unique features of Don’s design

4 Likes

It seemed like dons tracker ran too cool at the grait, or maybe he never posted that many temp margins. PS i am thinking now after feeling the power drop on wood and go ahead and install a v6 4.3 chevy motor in my s10 instead, because i had a few little 4 cyl trucks a while back and they worked good for small loads if you were lucky and under powered. I hate too sac.the milege of 4 cyl but the power factor on wood is starting too sink in and be able too still haul a good load.should be good on wood with tall gear for 60 mph is all i drive any way 99 % of time or hopefully as good as the dakots.

The us people are not intoo the carbon tax fraud.of and from the satanic criminal elite if they were worried about carbon and they are not, they would have put out many better enventions that are suppressed over and over again , and there main goal is brain washing people that they are good while they molest children, and murder abortions, and the rest of us are mere garbage.Wrong it is the other way around they are the sick trash.There money will soon be trash, they stole it anyway from hard working indeviduals.

Ok let’s all a take a deep breath and relax we are getting too political again. Probably partly my fault. But I really don’t want to see use get wound up about things I have seen that else where. I will try to focus a little more on how we can use our wood resources to make our lives better. :sunglasses:

Ok don i gess i was getting more politicle than i thought. I hope all goes well with are new president and sellective cabinant.Back too wood supply and HWWT Amen.I got too get a few gauges hooked up and get ready too go get the free wood, I might have a years supply if i can find the time and energy soon enough before the chip truck comes back and takes for ?

1 Like

Free wood is my favorite kind. Well as long as it doesn’t involve trying to cut it down without hitting someone’s house or power lines. Most of those trees are not worth the price even being free. Or I just don’t have enough faith in my falling skills.

1 Like

How about a conspicuous spending tax, like in Europe, maybe 60 %, on ridiculous vehicles, unless you can justify it for real work? That way people can have what they want, and really show off with the expense. :wink: Direct the tax to green power generation?

The truck sector of the vehicle market is really distorted, because the big 3 obtained exceptions, claiming that the trucks were for work, then made them into SUV’s and sold them heavily to the public.

My concerns are around resource use. Building a far less efficient vehicle fleet is no good way to prepare a nation for a possible oil shortage, or have young men fight less for oil supplies. Literally 3 economical cars could be built with the same steel, rubber, and glass, and run all 3 on the same gasoline budget. That frees up a pile of resources for bridges and houses.

1 Like

‘‘I choose individuality and freedom “excesses” over collective social dictocrats not-wisdom’s restrictions any time, any day.’’ Me too! Taxes, and Government are never the answer, it is the problem. Freedom always works.
[/quote]

2 Likes

It would be nice if the world could sustain that standard, but 3 more planets would be needed at least for everyone on earth to live like that, and only for one shining century. 3 Saudi Arabias, 3 tar sands, 3 Swedish iron ore mountains, etc.

So instead that right to consume balances on who has more power to consume it, and who has virtually nothing.

1 Like

Ha Ha, Craigslist if full of offers of “free wood” just like that. Some even have the gall to say you must be insured to come and get the “free” wood. Basically they are asking for free tree service.

1 Like

I think that’s a very valuable point / goal. The builds, and the accounts of the trials, successes and downfalls of the builds are very valuable, but measured cross section drawings and drawings of tried, tested and improved designs in a few pages would be an unprecedented resource.

Thanks for the valuable coments from diffrent veiws. Back too what i have too work with, found best place too put gauges on my old truck. And got the other fuel tube fabed and secured. One more gas butter fly cable and out for trash fuel test. The inbalance will be here till the end of this life. When this earth is depleted we will all die. And a new heaven and earth will be created. In the mean time we do are best too servive the inbalance , inequallitys.GREED.THE ROOT OF EVIL.

2 Likes

Excellent point, I think it’s deserving of some focus, would be very valuable, and is a specialized category where a lot of benefits can be gotten.

1 Like

Don’t forget your camera. There is a lot of text produced now days but the letters all look the same. Pics and vids of real progress is what is really inspiring. I miss the progress reports of Don, Carl and others. I’m looking forward to your first driving video, lightup and everything.

3 Likes

If my progress wasn’t so slow, I would have something for you. Patience is a virtue! As you said before, pictures are always in your native language.

6 Likes

I was caught writing one of my long dissertations when JO and Don posted. So I have 4 points. ------ 1. This is Wk/CS website. Do we have permission to talk about other designs other than just a passing comment as we have been doing. —2 WK/ CS book and possibly Victoria Gas ( I have never seen the second) are possibly the only place where you will find instructions as complete. All of the rest of you will have to take what info you can find and make it work for yourself. Having said that, to build something like JO’s you just have to go through the picture and ask him any questions you may have.-------3 Don Mannes is working on a very experimental WK design that I’m sure will work in a small vehicle when he is done. But as we just found out, he is not progressing as fast as some of us do nothing readers would like. Hold you breath. Don has shown you two very successful designs so far and I am sure the latest on will fit the bill for a small vehicle.----- 4 I have been turned on by a small vehicle run on wood for a long time. Jo has a Volkswagen, and Volvos and Opels are still available in Europe. Don’s Tracker is about the only thing that fits the bill in the States and they haven’t been built of some time. So-- what do you have in mind for small vehicles in the States? TomC

4 Likes