Life goes on - Winter 2017

I’m adopted so I went for both main dna test kits. The terms they used for regions were a little different but not much. I come out as 52 % western European, 22 percent Great Britain, 13 percent Scandinavia, 7 percent irland/scotland/Wales, and 6 percent Iberian. As a fun note it seems I have a greater then average percentage of neanderthal dna; explains a lot. Western Europe seems to mean Germany and France which makes sense if you know canada’s Immigration history. I’m convinced the iberian part is filler because everyone seems to have that. Or Spanish and Portuguese sailors were very busy when they were in port! Genetics are fascinating.

6 Likes

My sister had the DNA test, what we found interesting was all our family, both sides, came from Germany, but test came back mix of all over Europe, a big % of Scandinavia.

4 Likes

I’m proud to be what I am. 100% Mutt! :dog2::dog2:

8 Likes

MUTT, (Many Unexpected Types of Tribs).
Bob

4 Likes

Ha, judgeing by the resaults you guys display the Scandinavians are the real Casanovas :smile: l might have to reconcider takeing my wife on my future trip to Sweden :smile:

3 Likes

Them vikings knew how to charm…

3 Likes

Every Thursday there’s an auction in Duluth which is an hour away. This week was an estate auction and the guy had a bazillion tools. If only I had a wheelbarrow full of money. Missing in this picture is a log chain and a wood lathe. All of this for about $300. I would’ve spent more than that in just the pipe clamps.

10 Likes

Guy can never have to many vice grips. Is that one long heavy duty big black cord? More pipe threading gizmos in the milk crate? Bought myself a wood lathe some years back when i found that it works pretty good on pvc pipe as well was as a bonus. Jealous of your haul

2 Likes

Tom, those are 3 black extension cords. The milk crate has wheels for scaffolding.
Wait a minute…PVC pipe on a lathe? Now you need to explain.

I needed bushings on the air fuel mixing on the old Ford. Sharp tools and a couple of “cones” one for the head stock and another for the tail stock clamp a piece of pvc pipe between and "shave"the ends to get the needed diameter.
Just like a lot of things here on the DOW it’s just limited by your imagination and a little help from my friends even if they are halfway around the world. It would help to know what kind of accessories you got with the lathe

3 Likes

This is how I blow the tire back on to the rim after running on too low tire pressure, with low tire pressure the tractor climb better but you need to be on the alert on too low pressure. :grinning:

7 Likes

Pop goes the weasel. A little scary for the uninitiated, but I’d like to try it.

3 Likes

Its not that bad, use a long stick like I do to ignite it, 15 - 20 second spray with starter fluid.

2 Likes

Good morning Roger.

I use my cutting torch but careful not to get too much oxygen mixed in. .

I used hydroxy torch a coulple times when my torch/water torch was in good working order.That was in need of of very limited emount of fuel and still enough too bang. My water torch could put out 30 lpm.

Sorry to be a knae sayer but— the starting fluid you can buy here in the states does not contain either any more and does not work. The starting fluid you get now days just lays there and burns. TomC

1 Like

I know it works to use the big bang theary but i feel much safer with a air tank equiped with a 1 1/2 or 2" ball valve and nozzel. i like having two hands.

2 Likes

Hi Jim L i never tryed those type tire too rim install method, are there still some hard too handle stiff tires that require the other methods or do that type work 100 percent of time. THANKS.

On these big and stiff tractor tires its really hard to blow back on the rim with just compressed air.

If you do find either starting fluid, remember to put the valve core in before you fire it off. Otherwise when it seals you will hear the whistle of the air coming out and your first instinct will be to put your finger over the hole in the valve stem. That air in the tire is now very hot and will burn a nice round ring (deep) into your finger. TomC

2 Likes