Life goes on - Winter 2017

Allan, I have to admit I have very little experiance with bulls. 20 years ago wife and I used to take care of her parent´s bulls from time to time. I liked them better when they ended up on the plate. I´d better stick to my snow and shovel :worried:

4 Likes

Good morning all .

You have to look at this bull situation from the bull’s prospective :grinning:

10 Likes

I think my bull has the perspective of why did you put me in here with 8 cows who haven’t calved yet they are not any fun… I have been feeding them in the yard by tossing hay over the fence and he will walk over to the fence to visit but won’t let you touch him I find it sort of funny.

2 Likes

The funniest part of that story is, it sounds just like you Mr Wayne, telling the story. TomC

1 Like

Thanks for a good laugh mr. Wayne :smile:

1 Like

Hello Mr. Tom

Being down here in the back woods and being a redneck we have ways many might think strange but it saves on paper products and eco friendly

5 Likes

Haha, that´s even funnier :smile:

1 Like

poor folks have poor ways.

1 Like

I think the squirl is the poor guy in the story :smile:

1 Like

OMG!! Up here we have ways of getting the job done while out in the woods, but NEVER that one. TomC ( I just gave up squirrel hunting ).

1 Like

I’d bet that squirrel don’t taste like chicken…and I don’t care to find out!

1 Like

While on that subject…at work the other week, we talked about things you have a hard time doing if you brake your right arm - holding a pencil writing and so on.
One of my workmates has a rather long back and short legs and arms. He told us about when he once broke his right arm. Not only was his left arm pretty useless - he was completly unable to reach down far enough to do the job :smile:

4 Likes

I guess auto-wipe squirls dont exist in Sweden :smile:

On the former topic, here is my “bull”, peacock Vinko, trying to impress the laidies. He gets about as much atention as l did in my “girl hunting” days :smile:
Poor guy is a widow, his wife has left with a fox, so hes trying with hens. We have a saying, “in times of desperation, the devil eats eaven flyes” :wink:

6 Likes

That’s a good one Wayne.
But I don’t think I would try that one.
Got to remember squirrels love nuts.

7 Likes

Maybe not as interesting to you as it is to me, but…
I stumbeled across a 1912 video of my province. Three automobiles cruising through villages on the countryside. A grand happening to people down the road at the time.
In parts of the trip they actually follow the same roads I’ve taken you in my Rabbit videos more than 100 years later.

12 Likes

@KristijanL was that you driving? LOL

JO_Olson, I could watch the old time videos all day given the chance. Anything from old cars, the log woods, mills and of coarse mining of any type.

4 Likes

That was amazing JO, are the histrionic marks and statues still there too? I love how excitied the people were then the automobiles came through their village or town. Boys running after them all the way out of town. This was quite the movie production for it’s time. Hats being tipped as poeple passed by and people waving the handkerchief showing approval of the the event.
In the U.S.A. my Grandparents on my Dad’s side were 16 and 12 years old at that time. Maybe some of the young children in the movie are still alive. Thank you I love watching it.
Bob

5 Likes

Oh MAN!!! That was fun. How I wish you could add narrations to it for us that only speak English. What did it say on the side of the car? Who were these people that they seemed to be getting special treatment? What were the monuments that they stopped at? I wasn’t sure if all that waving was saying hello to each other or a way of blowing the dust and exhaust gases out of their faces. I thought they were going to have to back away from that bridge that looked in bad shape. Finally realized it was a floating bridge. Yes, where the cares went between the buildings which were right next to the road-- I think you have show us that place. The buildings are the same and the road is just like today only now it has asphalt topping. At one point the walked under and arch displaying maybe a “resort” and said 1895 above it. What was that place. All the buildings in the back ground looked alike. Do you know or are you near that dam? Another questionnaire from TomC ( just sooo interesting) { Got to go watch it again-- I am giving up watching one of my cowboy movies}

6 Likes

No, l am afraid l didnt have a drivers licence at the time :smile:

Nice video thugh, the quality is amazeing for 1912!

5 Likes

Not much is said or written so I have to do a lot of guessing myself. However it seems this is about a christmas magazine contest where the winners got to go on a “luxury automobile drive” through the province of Dalarna. The writing on the side of the car is the name of the magazine.

I recognize a few of them. One is the entrance arch to the cemetery and church where I was baptised. The “stone” on top of the mountain looking out over Lake Siljan is only a few hundered yards from where I took you to the town of Rättvik this summer.

The bad shape look was probably due to all the floating pulp wood in the river on it’s way to the mill were I work. In one of my driving videos we crossed that same floating bridge, remember? The mill’s production started 1899. The 1897 rivited steel arch building that accomodated the very first paper machines is still standing and serves as spare part storage.

The sign says “…eografik museum” something. Maybe 1895 is when this became a museum, because those buildings are a lot older. The house to the right is where King Gustaf Vasa hid in the outhouse disposal compartment trying to escape the angry men from Dalarna. He ruled 1523-1560.

I can’t say for sure but if it’s the dam I think it is, it’s still there. So is the stone bridge. 10-12 miles from here.

5 Likes