Life goes on - Winter 2018

Hey J.O.,
The swing around on turns pivoting rear support wheel maybe?
The rear “castor” wheel.
S.U.

5 Likes

We have a very old company here in Australia called the pivot stove and heating company who knows maybe years ago

Dave

3 Likes

Huge low pressure central Pacific storm just starting to pass thorough the whole US west coast and BC Canada. 2nd of a series of four stacked up.
No tree-wind grid power loss on the first one for us. Just to the north and south of us, yes.
Today I did the annual AA cell battery replacement on the cheap Chinese LED window “candles”. These set for a 6 hours on – 18 hours off. Set of batteries last for a whole year of daily use. I do not use my more expensive rechargeable for this use.
Some of these cheap battery LED welcome-home candles are now 5 years working now.
These make great power-outage not-stumble around night lighting.

This Pacific storm will be affecting you guys back east clear to the other coast. Hey. Enjoy the diversity.
Regards
Steve unruh

5 Likes

We’ve already got creepy melting weather, saw my first December rainbow Saturday, almost due north at sunset. But I doubt there’s a pot of gold at the base of this rainbow… :neutral_face:

8 Likes

Maybe the Diamond mine is due north…

2 Likes

Wow, very nice display!

Maybe it’s ANWR. Black gold. LOL

1 Like

I don’t know what Gary is talking about I can see the DOW gold at the end of the rainbow looks like plenty of miles of DOW at the end to me.

2 Likes

Be careful in traffic during the upcoming holidays.
People may have been drinking and let their wifes do the driving :grin:

6 Likes

I have upgraded and modernized my christmas present wrapping to make it more decorative. After years of using paper bags, comic strips, and later plastic grocery bags. I am now using amazon boxes sealed back up with duck tape, and artfully wrapped in welding wire… Does anyone know how to actually make a bow with it? the closest I have come to making a bow is when it gets bunched up in the welder…

6 Likes

You can save a lot of effort by just changing the shipping address when you order with Amazon infact they will even gift wrap for you…
As to the welding wire wow seems like that will slow down the unwrapping peocess.

1 Like

JO’s wife obviously doesn’t read this forum. :grin::grin:

7 Likes

The safety of the language barrier… :wink:

2 Likes

Haha, she does from time to time actually. This is part of our daily nagging. Works both ways. I get my share too. The ways of showing affection changes slightly over time :smile:

8 Likes

IIRC Sweden teaches 5 languages in school by like our 8th grade equivalent as a requirement.

4 Likes

Close to thaw and little Folke gives snow blindness a new meaning.

8 Likes

My wife and I ALWAYS try to end up somehow having a good laugh. It’s
worked for 44+ years. NEVER go to bed without a solution is our mantra.
She’s a sweetheart, I feel blessed.

5 Likes

I always found it interasting how come you dont teach any mandatory forage language in your schools. Althugh we had enough work to do with our own language at school (Slovenian language is one of the hardest languages to lern) we still had mandatory English and latrer German, but manny allso learned French, Russian and Spanish by choice.

6 Likes

Wow I would have flunked out of a school which requires 5 languages. I could hardly learn enough French to get 2 years of credit in high school. I have no idea how people learn mutual languages my brain just doesn’t work that way.

Only English is mandatory but schools are obliged to offer at least two outof three of French, Spanish and German. Lately Chinese and Russian have become popular but the number of teachers are limited :smile:

2 Likes