Life goes on - Winter 2018

Brice is doing better. He is home, but still has many plastic surgeries to endure. The dogs were released by the sherif and can not be found now.

4 Likes

Dog hunting season has been pronounced then.

3 Likes

Billy, whats the legal age limit to drive at your place? Here you must be 18, pass medical and psichological tests, pass drive theory tests, drive 30h+ with a instructor and pass a test driving around a wery strict inspector to get your drivers licence. Some fail over 10 times, its wery hard. Its somehow hard to imagine a 15 year old behind the wheel for me (legaly-we all drove old cars on hayfealds sincs our early teens :smile:)

3 Likes

In most of the USA you can drive with an adult over 21 at 15 if you get a learner’s permit. You need to attend a drivers education class to get a license at 16 and there are restrictions now on people under 18 I don’t think you can drive with another child who is not your sibling until you are 18 here and there is a curfew here in NH under 18 I think it is 10pm.
Back when got my licence decades ago now it was just take the 40 hours of driving instruction pass the test with the teacher or with DMV which was about a 10 minute drive and you where good to go.

2 Likes

Here in Alabama it is required to have a driver over twenty one with you when you have a learner’s permit at 15. Once 16 you can have a full licence. At 18 you can get a CDL if you take the six week course, you can get a CDL at 21 if you pass the test.
Spring is in the air. The pomegranates, plums,daffodils, dog woods and the butterfly bush are blooming.DSCN0025DSCN0024DSCN0023DSCN0022

12 Likes

Thanks for clarifications guys.

Billy, its simple for me. I see bees and flowers in one pictures and l press like :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I mean the truck has no muffler and is very loud

2 Likes

I thought that was a feature for someone 15.

3 Likes

Not around this household. :blush: Our idea of teenage rebellion is a bit different than usual. At least I hope so…

2 Likes

Jakob just spun out the driveway in his truck with his great grandpa in the passenger seat. Great big smiles on both of them. :smile:

5 Likes

A little teenage rebellion while sitting next to great granddad makes for great life long memories

2 Likes

You northern boys may want to take your coat and hat off before looking at the picture .

I was out DOW, went by my brothers and snapped this picture of his front yard .

IMG_0745

14 Likes

Picked a purple top turnip today. JakobDSCN0026DSCN0029

5 Likes

Wow you southern boys live in an entirely different world. I can’t harvest any vegetables except Rhubarb until fall here.

2 Likes

Mr. Wayne; That picture HURT!!! Your poor brother will have to get his lawn mower out every 5-6 days from now until what? November? I don’t plan on getting mine out until May. You know-- right after I put the snow plow away. TomC

6 Likes

I have about a dozen rabbits that hang out at the barn .

The rabbits hope I find enough chicken nest and eggs to keep me busy .

IMG_0754IMG_0752IMG_0756

8 Likes

I have about 40 of them jumping free around the farm. They make good target practice and a even better Sunday roast :wink:

7 Likes

My grandfather told about there being tons of rabbits outback in the swamp when he was young but something killed them all off. I forget what he said it was. They are one of the critters I keep thinking I should add to my farm but never seem to get there.

2 Likes

It seems there is a rabbit on every corner you look at here. Yum :slight_smile:

Allso, the peacock Vinko got its first full size tail this year. Been waiting 4 years for it. But now he sure is majestic.

10 Likes

Green grass like that will appear here around early May.

Rabbits like that will never appear around my land, even squirrels are scarce. Too many pine martens, weasels, skunks, foxes, coyotes, horned owls, etc, just consult Funk & Wagnalls…

2 Likes