Life goes on - Winter 2018

Good Morning MichealG,
Some Washington State counties still support area ballot boxes. And one of these In Clark County was/is in a American Legion Hall used as a Sunday-use home by one small church.
Yep. Complaints. Back and forth on that. Finally, “Whiners go blow your selves quietly” said the vets.

I morning walked down to my polling place in the local grade school after stoking up the wood stove.
Got a hand splinter to prove it. Should have put on the gloves handling this been outside four years downed delaminating wood.

tree-farmer Steve unruh

2 Likes

I rode my electric bike, and was the only person there, except for an older Mexican man who needed someone to help him read Spanish. My bike was charged with power from my solar panels. Or, in round about thinking, I could say it was charged with electricity that I avoided buying because I used a wood powered charcoal-making stove to heat water and cook food.
I spent less than five minutes at the polling place.

7 Likes

How is that working? I think it seems more fair then having then the mess we seem to have at polling places.

I personally don’t like voting in a church. I think it is janky to pay a church as a place to vote.

3 Likes

No voting here. We did that two months ago, but still no new gov since it was such an even race. Still old gov on OT. It’s a mess nowdays with 8 parties in parlament.
Well well, I couldn’t care less. I did get to drive my wood powered vehicle today. That’s what matters :smile:

6 Likes

hand is up. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

7 Likes

I didn’t drive on wood, but I voted. Apparently Pot is now legal in michigan for recreational use. Our city council last week voted down a measure to put a dispensary downtown. I kind of get it though. the person who wanted to put one downtown, (and would make a boatload of money) is a dipshit.

2 Likes

Pot was legalized federally in Canada as of October 17th. Apparently that makes us one of only a few countries in the world to do so.

It is pretty rich to see how the elite jumped into the business, including a former provincial premier or two, and the former police chief of Toronto, etc.

Growing at home is legal (only indoors, and only 3 or 4 plants, but banned provincially in Manitoba.

Now you can buy weed online, and have it delivered by Canada post. The large operations seem to be more expensive than the black market (so I hear, I don’t enjoy weed), but they may have an edge in consistency of product.

But, nobody’s going crazy any more than before, I imagine police won’t know what to do with their free time. For a while. :wink:

Unfortunately I hear the US feds are taking a hard line, declaring shareholders or employees of pot companies permanently inadmissible, same as anyone who admits to having ever partaken.

It’s interesting to see the shift anyways.

4 Likes

Hey Al.

Looks like we are the in the majority of the minority practice of driving a wood burner to the polling place to vote .

5 Likes

Election day results; Got to get to work on my truck. New Governor is open to $1 a gallon tax to improve roads and give teachers a pay increase. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::sob::sob::sob::sob:TomC.

5 Likes

Well the gun control folks are gaining
State of Washington has made semiautomatic guns illegal!
So you best tune up your old muzzle loaders for hunting and home defense

4 Likes

I let the state stock pheasant in my field for hunters and I do not mind people going out there to hunt deer. But if you need a semiautomatic to hunt a deer your not welcome here I only want hunters who actually know how to make a clean kill not spray the area with gun fire like it is a war zone.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, Semi autos were not made illegal. Just more regulated. I guess they were technically made illegal for anyone age 18-20.

Initiative #1639 would implement restrictions on the purchase and ownership of firearms. These restrictions include background checks, storage requirements, and waiting periods for purchasing semiautomatic assault rifles, as well as increasing the minimum age to buy semiautomatic assault rifles to 21.

2 Likes

I like your polling place Wayne, the church building, I vote fore JESUS too.The polititions are mostly lost, with self ness and greed.

4 Likes

If all the political leaders of the earth followed Jesus examples we would have Heaven on earth His kingdom come. It Will Happen Soon.
Bob

3 Likes

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p320x320/1932348_545908602174982_1315055686_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&oh=93d249307644ac0a14a7413676a5a549&oe=5C227F69

Gov. Andrew Cuomo doesn’t want them.
Remington,one of the worlds largest gun manufacturers, will on Monday join Gov. Robert Bentley to announce they are bringing over 2.000 jobs to Alabama

5 Likes

Ironicly the gun manufacturers are hurting because we have a GOP controlled government. Someone who worked at the Ruger factory told me the best thing that ever happened for them was Bill Clinton and Obama winning the election because everyone ran out and bought guns in fear of a ban but once the Republicans won everyone felt there was no need to worry they could buy a gun anytime because the GOP would never ban guns.

1 Like

Been out of the loop for several weeks. Just got home last night from Africa. Long hard trip but a good one. I’ll post more later. Got sick on the way home. Still trying to get over it. I think I ate some bad lettuce in ethiopia. Anyway…Later.

Oh, and Remington is plenty welcome down here.

We had to do the early voting thing as we were in an airplane flying over Iceland when the polls opened. The plane route we took was somewhat ridiculous. Ethiopian Airlines. We flew Atlanta to DC on United. Then Ethiopian up over Canada, across the Atlantic at the southern tip of Greenland and Iceland down to Ireland across the channel, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Italy, Egypt, Red Sea, Nile River, along the coast of Saudi Arabia to Ethiopia. Then through, Kenya, Tanzania, etc, etc…to Zambia. Seems like a crazy route, but I guess they have their reasons. Airspace rights etc…

8 Likes

We get 12 plants per person over like 21. I have clue how much that yields but I suspect that is enough keep a lot of the large operations under control. I suspect it will become a fad to grow your own and fade out quickly, because it is tedious and time consuming. Equipment will become cheap on craigslist within about 6 months.

Obama backed away from it to let states like colorado to experiment so they could get an idea of how bad of a problem it would be. Trump is going after it. The feds legalized industrial hemp sort of, they left that up to the states to decide how to implement. We had to import all our industrial hemp from canada, which helps you guys, but seems pretty stupid when you are trying to diversify your farmland.

2 Likes

Hi Bob,
Caffeine is definitely addictive, proven by the struggle to “give it up”! I am going on 3 years off
coffee and I’m OK now. The first 6 months or so were a real test of my commitment, man I wanted
my morning joe! Sometimes I still say, “ah, one cup won’t hurt”! BS! That’s an alcoholics out, don’t let it
rule you. Speaking of alcoholics, I just made my 32nd year of alcohol free life. You will never regret it and
you will be stronger for it and garner much respect from your loved ones.
Good luck, many are rooting for you!
Pepe

6 Likes

Everything in moderation, food, alcohol, and even wood gas, anything can be addictive if that is your personality.

7 Likes