Life goes on - Winter 2018

Steve, it seems the jetstream wave paths are only slowly moving east. Makes for getting stuck in either high or low pressures for several weeks at the time.
I’ve managed on heat from the solar panels alone for about 3 weeks in April, but last week I had to fire the boiler up again. Storage tanks were just about cold up to the top. A couple baskets of birchlogs later I was able to lie down in a hot tub.

5 Likes

Welcome Rebekah Grace Saenz!

May 6th 2019, 10:30am
6 lbs 10 oz
19 1/4" long

25 Likes

Congratulations, Chris and Mary!! Rebekah shares a birthday with my wife, Joy! God bless your Family!

4 Likes

Congratulations to you and Mary on that little miracle!

5 Likes

Congratulations!!!
Very happy too see, and then were three :):grin:
All the best.

5 Likes

Congratulations!! They truly are little miracles!

4 Likes

Thanks for posting. I would totally dig one for an electric tractor project, but I have to pass, I don’t have the budget for the rest of the crap needed like battery packs, mosfets or controllers to get it to run right… However they are 3-phase, and You can probably run them as generators with an exciter circuit… then rectify the current and feed it into a solar controller…

I wouldn’t get surgery without talking to the doctors at Mayo up in Minnesota. They did a great job removing i think calcium deposits in my dads back, that was pinching a nerve. i don’t know maybe herniated disks are easier.

Your garden is -gorgeous-. Mine wont look like that even if it ever dries off enough that I can actually till it…

2 Likes

We lost almost all of our ash due to the emerald ash borer, starting about 30 years ago. That was after the dutch elm disease hit hard about 40 years ago… Then there was a huge issue with whatever the pine tree bugs were… I have seen a few cases of the oak wilt too… Im surprised we have any trees left…

4 Likes

Congratulations on the cutie. I believe your posts off DOW subjects have made me smile the most.

6 Likes

Congratulations you two, now three, what a Blessing from God. May God Bless Rebekah Grace Saenz.
Bob

4 Likes

Congratulations Chris and Mary .

Your new name as Daddy will sound a little strange to you at first but as time passes it will be the sweetest sound you can hear :grinning:

6 Likes

Very true. Make the most of those years. Before you know it she’ll turn 14 and start slamming doors :smile: Congratulations you two.

8 Likes

congrats Chris. Now bring that crew to Indiana.

5 Likes

Oh, great day on the homestead!! Happy for you both (all 3 )

4 Likes

Congratulations Chris and Mary.
JO, They do that in Sweden, too–slamming doors?

3 Likes

Steve,
Female behaviour is hard to understand but universial :smile:
You probably already know the story about a man who let a ghost outof a bottle and was allowed 3 wishes.
The man wished there was a bridge to Hawaii. Ghost said: Not possible. Too complicated. Another try please.
Second wish was turned down as well and the man was given one last chance.
The man said: Ok, I would like to be able to understand female thinking.
Ghost replied: How many lanes on that bridge?

11 Likes

Congratulations to you both.
Do not allow the mischievous Imp peeking over the edge of the table to teach this new one too many tricks!
S.U.

5 Likes

Congratz, enter the world of great feelings, being a dad and mom now…

Welcome in this world Rebekah Grace Saenz :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Hi Billy,
the black and white picture looks painful, hope you recover well, i know that pain…
be careful with any move or any lifting, bending…

1 Like

Woop woop!!! Congratulations to you both!!!

5 Likes