Life goes on - Winter 2018

Has anyone out there heard from Dr. Larry today? He was supposed to arrive at Atlanta airport this after noon and we can not find him. Just thought that if he were in trouble, he might try to post something on this forum. If so, message me soon. We haven’t heard from him for 14 hours. Thanks, Billy

1 Like

we found him. he’s ok

8 Likes

Thanks Billy .

I was holding my breath .

3 Likes

Good day chris seanz on you and your new famley members. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF THIS LIFE AND THE ONE HEAR AFTER.

4 Likes

Been buissy building new pasture fences lately, one part is finished. Goats are buissy clearing the bushes while the pigs, turkeys and geese are converting grass in to tasty meat for free :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/1sCVQgANjjs

Its a buissy yet wery rewarding time of year. Nature is full of life and young energy.

The other turkey hen hached her family today.

Son and l made a roof for pigs and goats to escape the rain while on the pasture, and in the evenings its time to put extra eggs to a more stable form.

Chris, congradulations to you 3! You love them from day one but its true for about 3 years its mostly dipers and heavylifting, but after that they become great helpers :smile:

14 Likes

I was the oldest of 5 boys and was mom’s second set of hands. She was
always cooking like this and these pics bring back many fond memories.
I call them my D and D days, diapers and dishes :blush:

4 Likes

Ha, same. Oldest of 5 brothers.

4 Likes

Thanks for the video and pictures .

I am postponing a lot of my work for a couple of weeks . I have some good strong help planing to arrive in two weeks :grinning::grinning:

7 Likes

Two weeks of farmwork in two days. I’m going to be busy supervising @KristijanL :smile: but I have no doubt he will manage.

7 Likes

Make sure he stays well hydrated with plenty of good-old-fashioned American beer. The best of it is of course brewed in Oregon, but there are no doubt a few other places putting out a passable alternative.

7 Likes

Haha JO and Carl, with enough hidration everything is possible :smile:

5 Likes

Ohhhhh, brew me a beer without artificial bubbles, those carbonated beers of today, da, da da, but Utica Club
will still take the trouble to brew beers the natural way, Utica Club, UC.
Advertising ditty from my drinking days and a just down the road (from Tupper Lake) NY brewer in Utica, NY.
Pepe

3 Likes

Is this a relative of yours, Mr @Wayne ? :smile:

6 Likes

Hello JO .

When I mention that I drive a wood powered vehicle that is exactly what most folks have in their mind. :grinning:

10 Likes

I can see it driven by Cheech and Chong in a hilarious skit!

4 Likes

I worked on preparing my garden today. Got it all rototilled and planed out my new tomato arbor. If it doesn’t rain tomorrow that is on the project list then I can start planting some of the early stuff. Tonight when I looked at DOW. I thought maybe we can close out the winter of 2018 pretty soon and move on to the summer of 2019. I for one am happy to see winter in my rearview mirror this year it was a long cold winter with not enough wood put up in advance hopefully next winter will be nicer as my wood is currently in my shed drying.

5 Likes

It would run on stems and leaves, then toss the seeds out the window.

4 Likes

Worked the ole wood burner just about all day :grinning:

4 Likes

I almost finished my tomato arbor but I ran out of 2 inch wide scrap from my mill so I had better fire it up and clean up the resaw edge boards I didn’t saw the other day because I wanted to work on the arbor. Each one of those sections is 16 feet long and the vertical slats are 20 inches apart so I can plant a tomato at each one. It is amazing how many tomatoes you can use if you make sauces out of them.

7 Likes

I was lining up the ladder to start painting, looked skyward, and saw this…

Ice crystal rainbow around the sun.

Not a normal sight for this time of year…

Spring has been late, dandelions are just in mid bloom, trees are only beginning to leaf out.

7 Likes