Life goes on - Winter 2022

Oh Nooo! And I haven’t even seen it live yet. I’ve been meaning to take a roadtrip down your neck of the woods Göran, but things never stop interfering with plans.
BUT - you got to do what you got to do. Good thing is the truck seems to end up with someone who knows its value.

5 Likes

I know if some one would offer lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for my truck, it might make me think of parting with it. I did say think. Lol.
Bob

5 Likes

Hi David, What refrigerant gas does your heat pump use? If you are chasing efficiency then refrigerant type can launch you miles in front! Heat pumps are quite amazing. Our hot water is very efficient…nearly 500%. Seems crazy when we put fuel in a car to only get about 30% efficiency and then get 500% from a heat pump! Sounds like over-unity.
Clearly it is true to say that heat pumps dont “manufacture” the heat, they just move heat to wherever you want it, or away from where you don’t want it!
800% percent is supposedly the peak operation that a heat pump can do…I have often wondered what can be done with such easily amassed heat?
If you can have 8 units of heat for only 1 unit of electrical energy…Could a Stirling engine generate that 1 unit of electrical energy and have some excess power left over?
Do let me know what refrigerant gas is in your unit. If you don’t know look for maybe R134a or R32 or R410a

3 Likes

Im really sorry guy’s, i couldnt resist a little “april fools prank” ill keep my chevy til it rust’s away from me, again sorry :crazy_face: i don’t have anybody else to prank first of april, my wife always “read me as an open book” and always finds out my little attempts to fool her…
:crazy_face: :smiley: :rofl: :roll_eyes:
Edit: i really don’t know in which countries it’s popular to fool each other on first of april?

15 Likes

Haha, you definately got me Göran :rofl: I was worried I completly misjudged you :smile:

13 Likes

Here in Amercia it is always a custom on April 1st but it is more fun to do it on the day before.
Bob

9 Likes

Haha, just logged in for the first time toda. A little to busy this week. The EV should ring a bell.:smiley::smiley::smiley:. Never ever are you switching from v8 to ev​:grinning::grinning::grinning:

7 Likes

Sorry, i believe it’s first of april a little earlier in Sweden? :thinking:

7 Likes

It’s April 1st here as well. I guess some didn’t put 2 and 2 together. I think Kristijan caught it though.

2 Likes

The problem with the prank is, that it is completely possible. :slight_smile: I suspect by the time your chevy rusts out, the price of the EV truck will be affordable and a better option, especially with the gasifier in the back to charge it. :slight_smile:

They have to pay for new factories, new equipment and r&d all through the supply chain before prices will drop for the new vehicles, and then most people buy used vehicles so there is a time delay before those age on top of it. Plus because there is significantly less labor involved in building a manufacture, they are going to have a fight with various unions Then it changes a bit if they have to wait for patents to expire as well. I would suggest sanding off the rust and applying primer :slight_smile:

1 Like

We blew up the front motor of our Model3. Garanty of course, but guess what we had to pay whitout.
For the right perspective, I payed €3500 for a 116.000 km used not revised engine for my MB Vito. The broken engine was returned and I had to pay a mechanic.

Elon Musk did it again, I can tell you that. EV s are over the point of no return and much more to come.

1 Like

I would love to have an EV for runs to town. But for anything longer, it just isn’t there yet. Even in the US, there aren’t enough charging stations and sitting around for hours to continue on your trip is insane. In Chile forget about it. That being said, the Tesla I did experience was the MOST fun car I ever drove. And I had a 1965 Austin Healey 3000 into which I had shoehorned a Ford HO V8. The Tesla:

5 Likes

Ok, saw this Bmw the other day, i would love to convert it to woodgas, just because of the license plate…
20230322_105618
Sorry for my childish sense of humor :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

This “christmas tree” really likes it in our greenhouse, no idea how it got there, but i dont have the heart to cut it, when it managed to grow and thrive through a 5 inch concrete slab, with 2 inch styrofoam ground insulation beneath.

Have to admire the power of plants.

9 Likes

My child ( daughter) says it is ok😃. She drives the older model and diesel. Little bombs they are. My record to Croatia is 13,5 hours for 1775 km, alone, stops, trafic jam, police and borders included😃. Tried to sharpen it once more but gave up around Frankfurt😕. My wife had one for ten+ years, bad milage but nice corner speeds.

This is my daughter on mothersday last year. Crashed from a viaduct, lightpole, front suspension toally gone, the roof is origami. Good morning. Drivers license only a week. She is mothers daughter of course, not mine :grinning:

8 Likes

That reminds me of this one.

I can just leave it there. After a few months it is Xmas again :grinning:
Sorry, plastic fantastic
Standing in a room we dont heat every day. Saves my back , less wood in the boiler :grinning:

2 Likes

It is pretty obvious from the picture. You would have crashed head on into the pole or completely missed it. None of this slightly scratched stuff. :rofl:

3 Likes

Thats one fast machine for a 350 chevy block with dart heads- like a rocket engine getting 2200 HP out of that 350 chevy-lot of HP too.- Interesting indeed.

2 Likes

Discussion continues here: Life goes on - Summer 2023

3 Likes