Life goes on - Winter 2022

I was talking to my wife about tussilago (yellow flowers) apparently being harmful to the liver, even in small amounts, pyrrolizidine alkaloids were found in the 1960s

3 Likes

Yes, also cancerogene. Definitly not good for a daily brew, well, it doesent taste good either :smile:

5 Likes

Interesting, i’ve heard what Jan says about it being dangerous to the liver, but not about it’s medical purposes. I have some books about medicinal plants/herbs, both older, and more modern (military survival herbal medicine).
Going to check thoose again, very interesting.
Anyways, im still waiting to see those flowers telling spring is here, maybe about two weeks away. :smile:

7 Likes

I saw your new video come up from my Youtube subscriptions Goran. Surprised to not find it here. Doesn’t take you long to get stuff running. I could keep you busy around here for a month. :grin:

6 Likes

Ok Tom, here it is, thought it wasn’t very interesting, also only in Swedish, but it’s more to come :smiley:

19 Likes

Prolly better have a bag of these with you when you go in da bush wit dat lil skidder.

10 Likes

Haha, yes, i have some repair- links in the toolbox, only they are homemade, two pieces of flat iron, with two holes each, just to bolt on, the links on the track-plates are to wide to use ordinary chain repair links.

6 Likes

It is a neat toy but I think the most interesting thing is the rope starter which keeps the kids from taking it for joyrides.

7 Likes

Yeah, works as a anti-theft device also, not many of the “modern” people understand this stone-age pull start.
I had to make a new, longer rope for it because i hit my knuckles in the steel track when pulling, now to make a new one again, in bright yellow to not loose it easy in the bush :smile:

12 Likes

Goran, thanks for the video, you have a good director of the film. It’s a pure pleasure ride.:grinning:

8 Likes

Ha! Anyone asking what kind of wood you are harvesting KamilK.
just tell them Arm-Strong wood. You have to earn-sweat for it.

Those pigs are what breed?? Caberra?
Regards
Steve Unruh

8 Likes

Goran, first of all, let me tell you this video gave me PTSD. I see white, l fall in depression… luckly we are done with the white stuff…

Second, l bet the tub you put your feet in is desined to hold hot water. Think about it! A hot foot bath while clearing snow? Perfect!

Third, l can relate to the rope start. On my BCS mower, Tone ground down the engine head for me and l renewed the engine the other day. Polished valves etc… well, l was used to starting such machines with one arm pulling. It seems its time to get those old limbs a good workout to prepare them before this years hay season…

11 Likes

Well, you see why i asked for spring pic’s to cheer me up some… right now it rains…everything becomes a “slushy” mess…

7 Likes

You are quite right, Steve. I earned so much sweat like I burn it. Like my father used to say, good wood heat you twice.
Those pigs are common wild boars. First time I ever seen them live.

10 Likes

THAT IS A NEAT yard tool- Are you going too get some kind of snow plow working-or just a good snow woods runner. LOOKS NICE an SIMPLE TO keep working TOO.

6 Likes

I thought so too. Make sure you keep that fence in between and stay away from the young ones. If you shoot them be sure it is first time right. :grinning:

9 Likes

Göran, I really like your new toy. Where I’m at right now it’s steep, slippry and not enough room between rocks and stumps for the Fergie to maneuver. Do you think a lightweight machine like that would have enough traction to pull logs?

8 Likes

JO, your question made me laugh, don’t blame me. I think the answer is “depending on the weight of the load and the slope of the terrain”. You have an unstoppable machine called Frgie, with real hooks (I mean a forestry winch and a pulley), there is probably not a tree that you can’t pull out. Only on gasoline it does not develop real power, but wood gas is a different story. (joke) :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

HI goran- i would put a seat or plate over that pipe behind the the seat on this unit ,asap.-just in case the seat bracket broke,that bar behind the seat-could be crippleing.

5 Likes

A lot of slushy snow this winter this year in michigan- actully we hardly got any deep frost in the ground this year,thats rare for usa,michigan. we might have got down about 3 too 6 inch frozen dirt in january…If i had that unit i would think it would push snow with 2 or 3 foot blade depending on the type snow and how deep- we hardly get more than 6 to 8 " at a time.

4 Likes