Life goes on - Winter 2022

Hi Jo, i think it would pull small loads pretty good, i haven’t tested yet, but this machine was intended to replace the horse in small scale logging, (many small loads instead of one big)

From original advertise/brochure.
Im going to build a small logging wagon soon, just collecting material at the moment, going to be in size of them wagons for atv’s.

15 Likes

Hi Kevin, you’re right, that pipe/bar behind the seat is going to be cut away, that is a modification to place a bar with a hook in, the hook going in the nose on elk’s, to pull them out of the bush.
Im going to build a coupler for towing a log-wagon in front of where this bar is bolted, i want the towing point as close to center of the tractor as possible, for ease of steering (track-steering) so there is going to be kind of a goose-neck hitch.
As for pushing snow i think my Fergie will continue to do that work, the steel-tracked tractor really messes up the ground.

8 Likes

I am waiting for a vidio of that one with the steel tracts, pulling a log or two through a shallow pond .?

3 Likes

In raising cattle one breeds for low birth weights but will also grow off quick and heavy .

Looks like I’m doing OK on the first part . This is the smallest calf I have ever had . I can pick it up with one hand :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Here GorenK.
Finally a sunny day; no rain, and no snow 50F/10C earliest Spring growth pictures:

The tulip trees buds getting ready to pop open.

Hazel nut-bush catkin (male pollen makers) grown out hanging waiting for the buds tips (female) to open up.

The old from Germany double blossom daffodil bulbs grown up ready to flower out any day now.

The 3rd gneration heritige Ruhbarb stirring out of dormancy beginning to put on new stalks and leaf growths.
All very frosts hearty resistant. All saying another growth year has begun.
Two out of the four of these are actual foods sooner or later.

Thankfully the grasses, vines, wild brush&brambles, weeds still all dormant not yet in rapid Spring growths. My four months of green-hell cutting back and mowing still ~6 weeks way.
Regards
Steve Unruh

16 Likes

Going to make a bunch of plastic drum planters for this year. Since Spectrum laid cable in my favorite planting spot that put the kibosh on riding the tractor over there anymore. Raised beds it is! I’ve always had better luck with tubers in containers anyhow.

I think I’m going to buy a food grade IBC tote to have as an emergency water supply. Prices aren’t too bad to have peace of mind knowing it’s certified, refurbished, and sanitized. 275 Gallons should be good for at least 2 weeks conservatively possibly longer. Now I’d just need to figure out a way to hook it up to the home plumbing later on down the road, I don’t have an issue with carrying 5 gallons at a time into the house if it’s just a matter of stepping to the back porch. If I could figure that out, I’d bother building a proper enclosure to keep it out of the elements, and future proof it with big 5 foot wide doors to replace the tank or add a second one. Simple methods first, something I can always fall back to.

I know for sure I can directly power the 240v well pump with the generator, so even in a dire emergency I could fill up the tank using that in a matter of hours.

5 Likes

göran, nice documentation, a inpressive load…where you find always the historic sides??
how much hp and ccm has the forest bear?

5 Likes

Hi Giorgio, in this case i got all original documentation with the machine, spare parts catalogue, manual, even first purchase reciept.
Otherwise im always on the search for dokumentation/old books in thrift stores and like.
The engine is a Swiss MAG, 390cc 9hp nominal, 10 intermittent.

5 Likes

Very nice SteveU, still waiting here, my ruhbarbs are 4 weeks away atleast.

6 Likes

Wife and I took a walk in the woods. No bathtubs found :grinning:

19 Likes

i see springtime in sweden is not arrived yet… against winter depressions, we make also - like kristijan with his herbs- a little quiz - wriddle-for the DOW members…
the question is : how much chainsaws has göran?
i guess 38
my wife 45
everyone can take part on the quiz, except göran and his family, of course, (except if they have lost the oversight, they can also take part…)

9 Likes

Wait until the snow melts before looks for bathtubs. With the snow you are doing it the hard way because most bathtubs will blend in with the snow, being white.
Bob

9 Likes

Wife’s guess is 29.
Myself, I own 8 and I think Göran has at least 10 times as many, so 80 is my bet :smile:

8 Likes

I should have thought about that Bob :rofl:

8 Likes

Even Goren does not know exactly how many. They come. They go. They get over stacked; pushed to the back; and forgotten.
My guess is 100 +/- 10.
I am modest with only six. Or is it seven?
S.U.

10 Likes

GoranK,
Have these early Spring indicators made it to your side of the ocean?

Our northern climate capable are the “Bearded-Beaked” type with bright yellow Fall leaf’s we have here PNW.
Steve Unruh

8 Likes

This is a great and fun idea for a quiz Giorgio :+1:

Well, I think it kind of depends ho long he has collected them but my guess would be 62.
I only have six (three that actually gets used) but am on the lookout to add on with a bigger one

8 Likes

I’m not even going to guess cause he keeps getting more all the time. :laughing:

8 Likes

Looking good-how much you think that baby caff weight.-Nice cattle farm reserve food supply,Do you have a few milking cows also.THANKS.

6 Likes

Giorgio, I’ve never had luck with fortune-telling or guessing, only math and facts save me in life. I don’t have the exact facts here, well, considering Goran’s age, I would estimate that he has been collecting chainsaws for 20 years, an average of 5 pieces per year, so the number would be 100, but I don’t think that all of them are ready for work, but I think that there are more than half , say 60 in working condition and 40 in restoration phase. :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::woozy_face:

10 Likes