Life goes on - Winter 2022

Sean, which category does tar coloured skin go under? Jakob used to dominate that fassion trend :smile:

10 Likes

Oh dear God I bet it’s awful for your nose right now. At least you still have eyebrows!

7 Likes

“Free all natural organic Fast tanning – Not a scam (proof is in the pictures)”

If I had time I would make one of those 30 minute infomercial videos that you can’t fast forward through with a ‘revolutionary new product’ at the end for this one. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

If you want to get rid of the smell of burnt hair under the nose follow these steps.

1. Wash with soap and then rinsing with water many times.
  2. Check each time after washing, if the smell of burn hair is gone then go to the next step.
  3. Trim both sides under the nose to look more even.
    4 Eat some Bar-o-que meat with lots dripping sause on it. Wipe your face and hands off. It is better to have the smell of Bar-o-que in your nose then burnt hair anytime.
    Bob
7 Likes

Ouch! Been there, done that, hard to get rid of the smell of burnt hair/beard/moustache…
Good thing if you work with tar, that smell covers the burnt hair smell :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Hey Kristijan .

We never get too old to learn .

When the kids threw a firecracker under the out house Grandpa came running out and said he was 80 years old and just learned never to light your pipe and fart at the same time :grinning:

16 Likes

their are times I still donate to that cause!

I just had the charcoal gasifier flare up on me when I was demonstrating it at this conference a few minutes ago. only burned the hair off my arm. No damage done.

K I feel for you! did it hurt your eyes?

14 Likes

:rofl:[quote=“Wayne Keith ( Springville AL ), post:687, topic:7007, full:true, username:Wayne”]
Hey Kristijan .

We never get too old to learn .

When the kids threw a firecracker under the out house Grandpa came running out and said he was 80 years old and just learned never to light your pipe and fart at the same time :grinning:
[/quote]

:rofl::+1:that is a good one

7 Likes

This is the way I look at Gasification of any sorts. If you have never had any hair burnt smell in your nostrils then you have never been close to any open fire or flames. But you might have been close to some one else that has been involed with gasification of some sorts. BHGYMW (Burnt Hair Gives You More Wisdom) of what not should be done.
Bob

6 Likes

It is better late then never for the “Valentine’s day sassy seductively sweet and sultry perfume” thread!

4 Likes

kristijan effective as usuall…also with quick and simple zero cost beard trimming …without sharp tools…
slovenians are always good for new inventions!

13 Likes

William Robert Baker was a good old boy and patriot from Alabama, so when he got out of high school he enlisted in the army to fight in Viet Nam. When Billy Bob got to boot camp the army issued him a GI comb and then shaved off all his hair. Then they issued him an official GI toothbrush before they put him in the dental chair and pulled out 7 bad teeth. Then they issued him an official jungle camo jock strap. The army has been looking for Billy Bob for 55 years now.

12 Likes

Me and wife was out on our yearly, early spring walk in the nature, this year to a nearby moss/(swamp?) It’s a bird sanctuary nowadays, has been a military air-force training field earlier.

There are some duck-boards(?) to not sink into the deep, both sink-holes and old bomb craters could be a danger.

Our dog Daisy are getting older, and got a bad hip, we don’t wanted her to walk the whole trip (6 miles) around, so we came up with this solution.

16 Likes

Happy Holy Day The YEHOVAH’s Holy Day of The Passover Celebration. I am observing this Day and the Holy week according unto the New Covenant we have in The Almighty God The Father YEHOVAH’s Word His Redeeming Son. Yesuha , Jesus the Messiah the Christ. We are set free from the Laws that comdemed us all, to now walk in Love of God with all your Heart , Soul, Mind, and might. To Love your Neighbor (everyone) as your self. This Sums up what The YEHOVAH’s Son asks us all to do and walk in His Peace.
Wow how the world system would changed if we all did this for the good of all mankind.
Bob

11 Likes

I liked you before Goran. Now I love you. You made me smile so much my face hurts,

7 Likes

We have been talking about how many chain saws people have. Well I have 2, one 110 volt electric and one 2 cycle Husqvarna 141 that was highly abused by the previous owner. My father inlaw Frank found it in the trash at work. Put a new rope on and it ran. I replaced the beat up chain and cut wood for a few years. From the abuse the carburator idle set screw was broken so I have now ordered a new replacement carburator for it. Here are some pictures of this poor beat up chain saw.

It was missing a bolt that held the muffler in place hot gases melted the plastic. Fixed.

This how you pound a fence post into the ground when you have no hammer. Not sure but it took a big hit.

They broke of the safety guard so it is a old school saw now.

Yes the filter and housing for was damage too but it was still working fine. I bought replacement parts too.

Here is the idle set screw housing that was cracked. It was still working until I pulled the carburator off.

You can see the out side case where it took a serious impack on it. This is what mashed and broke the filter housing and the idle set screw.

This Husqvana 141 chain saw is tuff, but Don’t abuse them.

Here is the kit I got for it. It looks like the same carburator.
Hopefully it will have many more years of use.
I am still looking into a cordless battery powered chain saw. I like my electric but that cord can get tangled up at times.
Bob

12 Likes

Hi All,
My weekend project is done. Get all of the working books from our south house up onto the new bookshelves here at north house.

Still out in the shop building are the plastic tubbed, and all-taped sealed long term stored books to go. These will fill-in the still four empty shelves and more. Have to do some serious winnowing down then.
The Wife made me stop and mow the yards early-grow grass-clumps for appearance, or I’d’a got ton more shelves filled. Her only request while she was gone all day with a fly-in friend sights seeing and visiting. Ha! I have duplicates and gift-a-way copies of many of the best still available books. Gave her friend one on composting. Had to pry’s out of her hands an old farm hand equipment book; an old in-containers gardening book; and a humor wisdoms book by R.A. Heinlein.

Here Goran, can you see the early springtime lawn mower wheel tracks for your spring-is-near kick-fix?

S.U.

14 Likes

There is such a good feeling to have bookcases filled with both good and useful books, I like it even though my collection isn’t that big ( yet ).

11 Likes

Mowed one of the back yard spots with the Ryobi battery bagging push mower. Great little thing. Took the clippings and tossed them into my Dave’s Fetid Swamp Water barrel for the bacteria friends to digest into plant nutrient.

With just grass and weeds in there the fertilizer isn’t that “hot” but if I added animal waste or old eggs or something I’d probably have to cut it as much as you would liquid Miracle Grow.

First mow of the year has the most minerals and nutrients in the grass.

11 Likes

I think i have atleast 6 weeks before i have to move the lawn… i think if i tried now the lawnmower had get stuck in the mud…between the snow left.
Nice work with books and shelves, computers and internet is ok, but nothing beats to have a good collection of books :smiley:

10 Likes