Life goes on - Winter 2022

After the two foot snowfall we got 10 days ago it warmed up and the snow melted from above and below in about a week. I did not get my fire wood all processed before that and it was all in a couple of 8 foot high piles. I have been working everyday to get it cut up and split. Life is much easier without the snow. It doesn’t cause me any problems hunting. I do that on the internet sitting in my recliner.

9 Likes

Then I think we are hunting different things. :grin:

9 Likes

Too bad I don’t like beer

https://moteefe.com/gengasse?color=jet-black&fbclid=IwAR3wKGIV_NjquwdmzImnnrFJmZ3Hn-AfF7WIRgdWoO4e14FMP9x-GvPkdY4&product=essential-unisex-hoodie

6 Likes

How is it possible there are a shirt like that available? Can’t be their “best selling” one? :laughing:
Anyways i want one, but with chainsaws instead of beer (i love beer, but i don’t drink it because of that :laughing:)

7 Likes

Today is my beautiful wife’s Birthday. We are planning on going up to Mission Ridge Ski/Snowboard Resort where we worked at and have lunch hope to see some old friends that we worked with for years.
It is good to get up to 4800 feet or 1463 meters above sea level and breath in the colder mountain air.
At the house at the elevation of 700 feet, the temp. is 29 °f or -1.67 C° by the Columbia River.
Sorry Wayne if you had to get closer to the fire place to read this.
Bob

11 Likes

Coming down big white crispy flakes here to Bob. Right at freezing temps and beautiful

11 Likes

Hey @don_mannes here is our yard quail doing pretty good so far

Front yard visitors part 9 #bobwhite #quail

7 Likes

Congrats Bob, enjoy the mountains. I envy you being in the mountains and work like that. Dreamlife! Here it is around freezing, much better, the moisture is going out of the air fast. Feels muchs better.

7 Likes

You folks are going to make wear this ragged old coat completely out :blush:

11 Likes

Haven’t seen any postings from SteveU in a bit. I hope he’s enjoying some time away from the screen.

8 Likes

Today it is so cold that the ice is forming on the lake.

10 Likes

I’ve been wondering the same thing Cody. Seems unusual.

8 Likes

I’ve noticed that too, i hope it’s just “technical” problems (internet down) seems he always have some time for dow-forum?
Is there anyone that keeps in touch with him?

10 Likes

Yes he’s doing alright just enjoying some time off.

12 Likes

Moore County NC has been out of power since late Saturday. Someone shot up two Duke Energy substations knocking out the entire county. 38 thousand homes without power until maybe Thursday at the soonest.

I live in Gaston County not terribly far. Sometimes it isn’t a natural disaster.

7 Likes

I love that when you finish a thread and find yourself still thirsty for knowlage… there are hundreds more to choose from!
So much information! I know i will never be able to retain it, i just hope (with the help of bookmarks) i can relocate the information when i need it.

9 Likes

A nun gets into a cab, and notices that the VERY handsome Cab driver is staring at her.
She asks him why he is staring.
He replies: “I have a question to ask you but I don’t want to offend you.”
She answers, “My son, you cannot offend me. When you’re as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I’m sure that there’s nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive.”
“Well, I’ve always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me.”
She responds, “Well, let’s see what we can do about that: No.1, you have To be single and No.2, you must be Catholic.”
The cab driver is very excited and says, “Yes, I’m single and Catholic!”
“OK” the nun says. “Pull into the next alley.”
The nun fulfills his fantasy, with a kiss that would make a hooker blush.
But when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.
“My dear child,” says the nun, “why are you crying?”
“Forgive me but I’ve sinned. I lied and I must confess, I’m married and I’m Jewish.”
The nun says, "That’s OK. My name is Kevin and I’m going to a Halloween party .

11 Likes

-16C (close to zero F i think). What wood we do without wood?

13 Likes

therefore thanks to the donator of all good gifts…
ciao giorgio

9 Likes

Winter has started JO! Looking good! And get on your roof for cleaning solar panels! You can do that in a red suit if you want.

Here around freezing and raining. I think minus 16 is better! Thanks for the ride :grinning: :muscle:

7 Likes