Life goes on - Winter 2023

Yes, this is my favourite road :smiley: not any traffic, and driving on hard packed snow is like driving on cotton.

10 Likes

O.K. Maybe an interest then in this new put up video:

My actual use exprences matched his ending conclusions.
I’ve used cable-chains (his WalMart ladder chains); actual chain-chains (full profile and low profile “S” types). Prefer true winter soft rubber no-studs tires. Wife insists on real metal studded true winter tires.
As he said the best winter tire choices are the best use option for the inevitable in and out ice; softening packed snow to bare-wet we always get here. After 1-2 time off and on to go 25 miles, you will be leaving them off until stuck.
One set of cheapest cable-chains kept in every primary vehicle for the “you Must have traction devices to proceed” dictated when over passes and river roads traveling here.
S.U.

5 Likes

The lessons I’ve learned is to have separate dedicated winter tires and wheels to save the tires beads wear&tear, and expenses of bi-annual tires mounting and re-mounting.
And DO size select to get some wheel arch clearances to put cable, or chain-chains on and off:

17" steel wheels with 65 series instead of the factory 18" aluminum’s with 60 series.
![Photo on 12-12-23 at 8.22 AM|690x460]
(upload://6MMr894E7E6JoWQ66F00yc8GbW4.jpeg)
My Toyota still a bit tight. Older 14" wheels have the wrong offset and holes spacing:

My guard rail rubbed side now with character.

Freezing fog this morning. Fine O.K. on the county tar and gravel “chipped sealed” roads. Can be slick as hell on the state and interstate true smooth asphalt (macadam?) roads.

Wheels like good stout useable practical foot wear is very much, “Pretty Is; as pretty does (NOT)”
Most of my own family choose to stay pretty and dis-abled, unsafe.
S.U.

6 Likes

THAT some nice thick woods out your way-HOW far are you from nearest good size town,ware do you work way out there,maybe a sawmill and then you would have more wood than you have time to burn up in the truck.?/ THANKS FOR THE RIDE.

4 Likes

THANKS for the ride WAYNE K, I like your alibama weather all winter- though your hot summer month or two or three i might need an ice coat to survive. THAT v10 must really like wood or your slowing down on driving the fast little dakotas with the 318 motors–Do you have a 360 dakota i cant remember seeing one you had for sure.

4 Likes

Hello Kevin .

Yes I had a 360 dakota but decided not to gasifie it and ended up trading it off .

4 Likes

Two Advent candles, :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks Kevin, well this is my favourite short-cut road to work, only 30km (the “normal” , paved road is 40km, and a lot of traffic) i work at a car repair shop in a small town (4000 citizens).
I live in the middle of the forest, small village 300 citizens.

12 Likes

Today felt like April. 42F and sunny. We are snowless. It’s amazing how much easier life is without snow. Doesn’t happen often here. El Nino I guess. Except for maybe swimming, which I don’t do much of anymore because who want’s to see some old guys bony, fish belly white, legs, I like it between 30 and 50F. Could stay there all year as far as I’m concerned. No sweat, no bugs and makes a nice hot cup of coffee a real reward when you take a break.

16 Likes

Wow, I guess we can just throw away our generators…

3 Likes

Looks like they are expanding John Bedini’s work.

2 Likes

Hey BruceJ.
I am pretty sure you have done this . . .
ALL switch to viewing on Youtube.
Then bring up the sponsoring channel and view their other video submissions.
A new channel with the oldest submission just 8 days ago.
Glossing over the ooh-wow tech I searched for the Pay-In Now link . . .
It is here:

So more that just throwing away out our personal electrical power generators we are suppose to set aside our own personal efforts and throw our support behind the self-declared Know-Betters of our modern world. With all of their Causes and Agenda’s.

Nope.Nope. And Nope.
I can see my trees growing knowing they are storing sun-solar energy. Giving all of their multiple benefits to the whole environment and all of its critters.
With me able to annual harvest a percentage of the annual growth-converted storage for my own uses of energy, building materials. And even foods and medicines.
I guess I am just too simplest; See-Doo, basic. Plant more trees, everywhere, possible.
Those free found “cheese” and $20. bill’s laying free, always have too many strings attached.
Steve Unruh

6 Likes

Sorry Steve,
I should have included how absolutely hilarious the video was. Only ChatGPT4 could have come up with all those meaningless buzzwords! I am fairly certain it was a propaganda fantasy. I posted the link to the wood gas group because, of all people, this bunch of guys knows there is no free lunch, no fuelless generator.
I didn’t figure you’d get seriously triggered. And you didn’t, as you only wrote a couple of paragraphs in response. It would have been a several page diatribe had you really had your bell rang.
To your point, listen to Doomberg’s podcasts about energy financials. He makes your point and more. A true voice of sanity, in a world full of climate elitists, who hate you, and want you to die.

6 Likes

Oh thanks Bruce!! Now I am going to waste the rest of the weekend trying to figure out what they are doing and it is 80 patents!! And TBH out of all the “free energy” crap I have looked at over the years, the magnet ones seem the most plausible like the Magnetic Motor. Namely because while I understand the basics of magnetism, I can’t visualize the field interactions in more complicated systems.

1 Like

“If you want to talk about the latest news, that’s fine, but all topics that get into debate territory will be removed.” -forum rules

This was what I was interested in. This is the latest “news”. Funny details of the video, were that they claimed no heat loss, but the video pictured components mounted on giant heat sinks…I guess the debate is how deep the BS is here.

I am going back to listening my politically incorrect Christmas carols…“a pistol that shoots
Is the wish of Barney and Ben” - It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

2 Likes

I am not trying to debate, I am trying to figure out what they are actually claiming. :slight_smile:

I think I found the main patent.

They are basically using controlled pwm to use pulsed dc to create AC with no moving parts with high efficiency, but they aren’t claiming overunity… I suspect this is a translation error but maybe not with the efficiency claims.

" 2. The non-rotating DC generator according to claim 1,

the solid fuel is charcoal."

2 Likes

Ha! Ha! Talking about debating . . . this is put up a Christmas tree time now.
My wife wants this very out of place dying Pine tree:

I want this non-native very out of place (they become invasive here birds berries spread) holly tree:

It’s O.K. either way as it saves a native Douglas Fir tree. Or in the deep shadows a native Western Red cedar or Hemlock tree:

I found that this Pine tree had good reason to be sick and dying:
A dog? goat? tie off rope placed in the past, forgotten had strangled it:

S.U.

7 Likes

Sounds great locations- i live on a main road about 3 miles from a tiny town vassar,mi -next biggest town is 10 miles away or or about 16 miles to saginaw mi-i wish i had bought a house a little farther out in the sticks, or off the main road,too much road noise, and probley polution, though this place is much better than when i lived in poor side of flint michigan,city.

5 Likes

Its the thought that counts i suppose-getting close indeed to our savour christ jesus birthday,have a merry CHRISTMAS our friend steve.

5 Likes

I would take Vassar over Flint or saginaw any day of the week. They have a pretty decent ice cream stand and a huge elevator. I think a train station converted into a restaurant. There is good waterfowl hunting up by sand point and good fishing, by sebewaing but you need a fairly large boat or be a good swimmer. :slight_smile:

3 Likes