New project! Normans next gassifier truck

11 Likes

Thanks for the video marcus . very good job!!

I have learned to use more spring tension to the front of the hopper ( closer spring spacing ) . If you have a burp it might not get condensation on your cab .

9 Likes

I did that on the Toyota and Iā€™ll be doing the same on the Dodge. Only issue is the lid Iā€™m using is a rather tight fit on the drum so Iā€™m a little concerned it wonā€™t set back down after a fart, or might even bang. I have peened it a lot and it is still a super snug fit, like to get it to sit on the hopper completely it is a good palm smack, and a little difficult to get back off without a little prying

7 Likes

A thing of beauty is a joy forever. John Keats.

5 Likes

Hello Marcus, you are doing a good job, but you already know that, if I were you, I would add an opening in the middle of the lower part of the ash container, so I would have the possibility of easy installation of the lever for shaking the grate (as JO or Ben Peterson gasifier did). or maybe you can try the central nozzle. Or you can simply leave the editorial closed

6 Likes

That is one reason Iā€™m happy with how I mounted the gasifier, it will be very easy to add on anything later everything is accessable easily on the lower drum, easy to get to the grate, I want to study your tractor design more and understand it better before I attempt this. On the Toyota I donā€™t have a grate shaker, I just give it a good shake at each light up and it does well for 100-150 miles. I think I e reason I slip so much char in that truck is my grate is only about 13" diameter, a lot smaller then most flat stainless grates in other wk builds. Iā€™m hoping this big 15" grate Iā€™m working on wonā€™t slip as much in the V10, holding it up and this one will have a little larger holes I have been studying back everyoneā€™s grates and there are a lot with bigger holes then my Toyota. I lucked into some grate material today, a conveyor I removed a few weeks ago and did a video on had stainless 1/8 plates all over it I welded a few together today and started armoring the bottom of it to prevent the potato chip we have all seen. Got cut off finishing it though, band saw donā€™t care if itā€™s cutting stainless or index fingers. Whoopsie. Wife is going to be pissed, Iā€™m wearing one of my nicer shirts today and got blood all over it running to the med kit on the shop wall to get it wrapped up. Not serious, but a serious reminder that every time I try to work fast, my fingers donā€™t move as fast as my brain thinks

11 Likes

Marcus , If we had a dislike button I would punch it a time or two . Be very careful

10 Likes

Ever since my first Shop Mangling I have been overly cautious around power tools. Not fun when your index and middle finger of your left hand get chewed on by a chamfer bit of a router table. Iā€™m somehow more comfortable with the plasma cutter than anything else.

6 Likes

Sometimes I just get it a hurry especially when itā€™s super hot in the shop if I had been thinking I would have been using the plasma cutter and I definitely wouldnā€™t have hit my finger with it been a long time since I screwed up with a power tool

6 Likes

It happens, just glad it didnā€™t need a trip to the ER!

Did you stitch or use some liquid bandage on it, or just tape it down :joy:

6 Likes

Butterfly stitches wrap and tape. Couldnā€™t get my welding glove on over it so called it a day. Couldnā€™t find my electrical tape fast enough so I headed for the med kit

6 Likes

I use supper glue for deep cuts, it keeps it clean untill it heals under the glue, then the glue will fall off in a few days.,And or grinder mishaps.

8 Likes

Love your videos Marcus. Easy to understand especially since
it is taking a while to catch onto all this So far I have been copying your build for most things Keep up the great videos and explanations

7 Likes

Iā€™m really just doing the same videos that are in the construction series just with a few updates and my own twist for this build :grin:

7 Likes

Yeah. Too hot. Too tired.
Too hot for the chainsaw chaps. And I was using the big 440 saw for limbing last weekend. Arms got tired. . . maybe at near 70 Iā€™m just getting too old to young-buck anymore, eh.
Anyhow I arm let down too quickly before chain full stop and snagged my thigh. (again)
Dickens hiding that from the wife. (duct tape - the cheap stuff has more conformability)

She was just that hour arguing to the alarm company the I was NOT going to be going up ladders to reset camaras. Send out a young-buck with still some bounce left into him, or her.
S.U.

9 Likes

Pole saw brother, itā€™s a game changer. I started with a Ryobi dumpster power head and 45$ pawn shop pole attachment. Now everyone in the family has them, either Stihl or echo. My days of limbing with the 044 or husky 288 are over, shoulders donā€™t like it anymore!

9 Likes

Marcus, really like the last few videos in the landscape format! Always satisfying when i can flip the phone and get that bigger full screen picture. :+1::+1:

9 Likes

I thought it was my editing program doing the vertical screen, turns out you can film with a iphone on itā€™s side :joy:

6 Likes

Just remember once you start videoing you can not turn the phone 90Ā° or we will all have our heads tipped sideways trying to view it.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::grin:
Bob

7 Likes
13 Likes