New WK Gasser Project

WOW. What a unique rig. It screams CUSTOM from front to back, top to bottom!

Thanks Carl, ------ Missed you @ the hangout

Finally finished the 16 hopper cooling tubes ---- had to rearrange the drainage system. Wayne, thanks for the pointers. Whereas these are all removable, will probably end up fabricating the tubes out of aluminum.

Thanks for the pictures Peter, that looks very “important”!

Awesome !!! .

How long until blast off ?

looking good!

Gasser now held in place ----- should stay put while drifting!!

That’s funny, but I believe it. Drift that is.

Checking out the serviceability of the unit. Very easy to remove the gasifier for service, comes out alone ---- the heat X is affixed to the chassis. Can also unbolt heat X & remove gasser and heat X together. All the hopper & firetube hold downs are complete & tacked in place ----- welding session tomorrow!!

Made a bolt on flange top cover, trying to stay away from the covers with the welder.
Finally came up with a clean out that can be opened with one hand & no tools ---- like an ammo can. Both hinges & latch are adjustable for desired tension on the seal.

Beautiful!!

I “welded” another puffer lid frame on this weekend, but went VERY low &slow with the heat. Pics to follow but only if it works :slight_smile: Yours deserves pics as I’m sure it will work. How did you get a bolt on flange to fit a lid??

Thanks Chris

Carl, I put in a custom order with my wife, Beth. She has been cutting all the parts for projects since 1986.
I am hoping with the new deflector shield that Wayne came up with, the RTV will live.

Nothing better than having the right tools and the experience to use them. Well done Peter and crew.

Thanks Richard, have you been DOW? Have not seen recent posts from you.

Hi Peter, the Wood Hawg has been running pretty well lately. I am learning something every time I DOW. I found that I was advancing the timing too much. I got a noticeable improvement by adding only about 15 degrees advance. I have a lot of changes planned to improve performance and reliability, but it is hard for me to disable a good running truck for a chance at a minor improvement.

Cool dual tool ------ Horizontal lifting attachment for the fire tube & air test adapter for 2in NPT

Finished & installed the inner heat X. Made a tool to index the inner heat X hole through the outer housing EXACTLY. Very easy to assemble & disassemble intake plumbing. Found a better method of vertical mounting the blowers to the hay filter ---- may cut off & remount the 5 suction blowers. A few more items at the rear of the truck to address & then complete tear down for paint. After paint, will start on under hood puumbing.

Hey Peter,

I don’t mean to slow you down, but could you post some pictures of your index tool, the plumbing connection and the blower mount? I am equally impressed and curious… Great progress! You really seem to have it going there…

Best regards,

Sam

Excellent!
Perhaps we’ll see you drifting… Before the snow does.
TerryL