Next, Case 310

Did you find the nest - or did the nest find you?

I think if you paint it pink camo you can sell it for a higher price. The wives couldn’t open their purses fast enough. Especially if you put an ‘On sale’ sign on it.

LOL… No Don, Richard a co worker found it… I can’t imagine how I didn’t get stung… Guess they felt pity on me.

We’ll paint it colours that are close to what was there originally… it don’t gotta be perfect for us… just has to look a bunch better. I do like the idea of the on sale sign…

now if i could just get this stuff to weld it’s self together

Seeing double… boss said don’t build one… so we’ll build two

Hey ArvidO. I love your builds!
Never going to be an ArvidO burn out, or burn though!
How thick should I build my core? Thick. How thick? Arvid thick.
Regards
Steve Unruh

LoL… thanks Steve.

Yeah, considering its just 6" sch 40 pipe, 4" sch 40 pipe and some plate… right there represents over 25 lbs (one hearth section) in steel. this is the area in one of our units that gets hot… so we build it heavier, just made sense to me.

Sunny Hot day to you ArvidO.
Weird inter continental mountain system now and I cannot guarantee the send over.

Been 5 days now. How’s progress?
Or are you fellows just kick back eating ice cream?

Regards from your friend
Steve Unruh

LOL… eating icecream… I wish.

Weddings, had to take my gf to the airport in Toronto so she could go visit her son’s other grandma in Seattle. that’s a 12 to 13 hr drive return trip.

got one set of nozzle tubes welded in… need a better drill and drill bits… I’ve also been working making the 310 look a little nicer… some body work, paint etc… It’ll get there.

I have some propane tanks that I’ve had water in… just gotta cut those apart. and I can start welding all the stuff together… fun fun fun…

I’ve also been looking for another tractor… why build two reactors if we’re not gonna put them on stuff… so I have a couple of prospects to look at… a 8n. farmall A and a farmall super C… I’m hoping to get one for under 500.00. We’ll see. I’d kinda like a farmall with the offset engine deal… I have some ideas for mounting a gasser that i’d like to try.

I promise I’ll keep you all posted as things progress.

slowly

Looks nice Arvid! Did you do that with a rattle can or compressor sprayer?

Way to go Arvid !

Gonna be sharp when she’s done.
TerryL

Thanks guys,

No Don, as the tractor has a lot of texture anyway I’m using a brush… the tins will get sprayed once they are ready. yes, it’s slow tedious work, but it does look a bunch better… even up close like.

Oh boy but do I love tractor gasification work.
Tractors are food making tools.
Food making tools trumps toys any day.
With estate split out back in 2009-10 one of the brother-in-laws wanted the farm tractor.
I gave him my deer getter shotgun. Gave him Pa’s shotgun. Gave him Pa’s chainsaw. One of his sons got Pa’s Ford car. Offered him the Ford pickup. Offered him Pa’s boat.
I kept the tractor.
He had to go buy his own.
You guys never even seen a clear picture of my JD/Yanmar. Tractor? What tractor?
Your life. Your Wife. Your tractor. Value in that order. Real farmers know.
S.U.

Farmall A and Super C wish I had $10 for every hr I sat on those two tractors from play time to finally operating doing man’s work. I think I would call PeterS. Guess ya know what i hope you get. I like your work
TomW

Yup, I’m kinda a fan of tractors as well… have some expired 100lbs propane tanks that I’m gonna re purpose… getting them ready to cut… they did have water in them for about a week, and then just drained and left to breath for a couple of days… pushing some air through them is the last step…

slowly things are coming together… of course this is where I stop showing what goes inside the lower reactor part… stay tuned till for further developments

2 at a time, what a guy. Looks good Arvid
How’s the new welder working out? Is the flux core collecting dust?

I like the new welder a bunch… much much easier to get a good weld first try. Helmet doesn’t get as dirty and I can see the weld puddle easier… Huh… who’d a thunk it…

LOL… you’d think it would be eh? but no, it was used today in another part of the shop… My buddy Billy was using it to weld old propane tanks by the base to a fixture so he could more easily remove the valves… it’s more than fine for that kinda work.