Next, Case 310

Hey brother Arvid
Always just appreciative of what you do show.
You and Matt Ryder and Chris Seymore all do a great service to this site by showing that DYI, Open Source and Proprietary can ALL live together side by side. It is about the integrity and respect of individuals for individuals.
I nave the utmost respect for you gentleman, and your companies.

Ha! Ha! Then as DYI make you prove your systems by performance! The details inside are yours.
You all do show what you can to encourage and promote the use of gasification. That is what we all have in common.

Respect by any one of these for others philosophies is what makes for group freedoms, civility and exchanging.

Let the others, “Run in circles scream and shout. When in worry, when in doubt.”
I’ll take quiet solid friendship any day.

Regards
Steve Unruh

Sorry I haven’t posted much lately… been busy…

had to make a better circle cutter for our little plasma torch… works pretty good, much better than free handing it.

lower vessel and gasifier air inlet welded on finally. have the cooler/final filter almost done… just have to weld in the inlet and outlet then it can get cleaned up and painted… I have a threaded in (condensate drain will take it’s place) stand on the cooler/filter… makes it a lot easier to work on as it’s hard to make a rounded end sit flat… sheesh… wish I had thought of it earlier.

I have all the material for the cooler proper so I’ll start that today, and may be work some on the gasser lid… so much to do and no time to do it all in.

Arvid, I am trying to understand how that circle cutter works. It looks like the torch mounts under the curved half pipe upper left of picture and the standoff under the half pipe maintains the proper cutting height? I can’t tell from the picture but is that a threaded rod where you can spin the center leg back and forth for diameter adjustment? What are the two washers for? It all looks welded together - is this a one size circle cutter? Does your work piece turn or do you have to walk around the work piece while cutting?

I need a circle cutting tutorial too.

1 Like

seems you got it figured out Don, I made my own wing nut out of washers welded to a nut that just locks down the center leg… I did put another nut on the inside as well… you can adjust it for different sized circles by spinning in our out the center leg.

and yes I just walk around it… hope that makes sense.

figuring stuff out

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, ArvidO for this new photo.
That ‘other’ color was just so working tractor wrong!
Regards
Steve Unruh

lol… the tins will still end up case buckwheat… but i’ll do my best to keep it lookin like it’ll work:)

still lots to do… cooler is pretty much done, just have to figure out mounting it… the pics show where the gasifier and cooler/final filter will basically go.

I’ll try to get more done this week.

Looking good Arvid

Thanks for the pictures ,

cooler

Cool!!
“Black is Beautiful” for coolers and cooler.

Yup Steve I’m a fan of black… the whole gasser will get that treatment before it’s finished.

Nice Arvid!
You should get that flange metal I sent next week. I think you’ll like it

Thanks again Bill, I keep plugging away at it…

pieces a little closer to where they will be mounted.

:slight_smile:

Nice work, Arvid!

basic mounting for the cooler… I’ll put in a strut somewhere to minimize vibration.

A thing of beauty.
Did those parts come in yet?