Next, Case 310

I like those ideas for the tractor Arvid. Wood powered to harvest wood. I’ve thought along those lines as well. The new electric chainsaws are quite powerful.

I’m digging it Arvid I need one too. I am going to skip the electric and use this. I bought it to use when I get to building my skid steer mounted wood processer. It has quick connectors on the hoses to run off aux hydraulics Very powerful and light as a feather.

Man i haven’t seen or even thought of a handheld hydraulic saw in years…an Ex girlfriends father had one that i used to cut alot of his firewood for a few years (ahhh, the things we do get a leg over… lol).

that one even looks like it has a kickback brake on it…the one i used didn’t have one…was no problem… as long as you knew not to use the upper part of the blade nose when cutting.

the only real problem i had was remembering when i went back to a normal saw that i didn’t have 28 HP to play with anymore

Those hydraulic saws are really nice and was something that I wanted to do with my setup, a lot of the older dodge transmissions (manuals) have a spot where you can install a PTO.

Nice tractor build, I really enjoy reading about them.

hey, the front grill surrond fits and latches like it is supposed to now… paint will happen soon I’m thinking…

Looking good!!

Very nice!

don’t want you to think I’ve been sleeping… just busy… now it’s watch paint dry…

Looks awesome, Arvid! Nice craftsmanship…

Had to make a small cone so I built myself a small sheet metal break. That coupled with the cone layout software turned out a pretty usable cone first try. The layout software will put lines on the print out for you if you tell it to. 36 lines, bent 10 degrees gets you into the ball park.

Arvid: That is pretty great! I don’t suppose you either documented the building process for the break, or would be willing to make another to show how it’s made?

the break is 3 pieces of angle iron 3 x 3 x 1/4, 2 steel hinges from an old door.a peice of 3 x 3 square tube so I can have something to lock it into a vise when using it.a couple of bolts and some washers.

couple more… showing using a washer as a shim. was set up for 16ga and it would just slid in the gap. and the 3 x 3 on the bottom for mounting in a vise.

a short video of the case running on gasoline for the first time since we got it… well, probably for more than 5 years in reality.

That Arvid, is a thing of beauty.

a pics… getting closer everyday… some sealing and plumbing and we should be sent to go…

and of course, better than original, because it now runs on WG!

hey lookin good Arvid. On your bender we built one similar to yours. Ours is just a little shorter it can handle up to 12". I want to build another one a little more stout, as we abuse everything and this one is already showing the wear and tear. Yeah I bought the Harbor Freight bender and the piece of junk can hardly bend card board. Took it back on got money back.

Looking real good Arvid !!

You and Don have very good patience . I find myself duct taping some of the parts on and working the tractor several days before I complete it .

just a very short update video…