Nozzles for Charcoal gasifier's

Thanks Koen
I had noticed that one of the 5mm holes had blocked up with slag , and wondered if I might leave it blocked up and just try the 2 holes and take them out to 10mm each I guess that would give me about 157 and that’s more than double what I did have .
If that doesn’t seem to work then I shall start over with new pipes and start with 1 hole and keep increasing the size or number of holes till I get a average good run on all engines ranging from the 80cc up too the 500cc inverter engine that I use .
It may turn out that I have to swap tubes every time I change engine sizes as I guess there wont be a one size fits all when it comes to getting the optimum power from each engine .
As I have mentioned before, up till when I started playing with these horizontal nozzles all my engines seemed to run ok on the 25mm tig cup although I do have to adjust on the go to get the max power from engines when I go down to my smaller engines . shame advancing the timing on most of these units is awkward .

Dave

3 Likes

Woops done it again I mean vertical nozzles
Dave

1 Like

I am sure you got that backwards Koen.:blush:

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

This is the spreadsheet i did build for the nozzle sizes.

If you see what nozzle size is giving you the best results, then ad that number and you’l see the airspeed.
Then ad that number at the desired airspeed and hoppla, you have your sizing.

Can work all sides, but it is a simple tool…

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4CL3bqit0osdHU3OVMyeE1yeHM

2 Likes

who thought the first, has multiple nozzle? (Such as Kristijan)
I had never seen it in old books that deals with charcoal gasification

1 Like

hi Thierry,

still working on testing , with more to come

1 Like

Some results from testing the cooking unit, the nozzle is not in direct contact with the charcoal it seems.

4 Likes

I havent found any info on multiple nozzles before either. Strange as it is a simple solution to many problems. l started tthinking in that way when my crossdraft showed poor resaults ( exit temp to high) on my Seat. The generator was wide and low so multiple nozzles were the only solution.

1 Like

I have built a nozzle of this type for my trarteur.
I ferrais pictures as soon as possible

Thierry

6 Likes

I bought this stainless steel chicken deboner per Carl’s web search during the Friday Hangout.
The discussion was about adjustable nozzle for a charcoal gasifier. So maybe this with a setup similar to Don M’s drum rotor, believe one can fine tune their gas output or adjust it for a different engine.
The base is 3" wide and is 4" tall not including the nut welded on the bottom

5 Likes

Hey Bill do you have a link and cost?

2 Likes

Here you go.
It feels pretty sturdy, I have no time to build anything yet, but when I do, I think this is the ticket.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DMP-STAINLESS-STEEL-CHICKEN-DEBONING-CONE-XLNT-/151154394001?

3 Likes

And until you “build”, you can de-bone any tasty chickens you might get.

4 Likes

I love this idea’s for adjustable nozzle’s…
And the builds of course…

A wonderfull find and great idea Bill…

2 Likes

Thanks Koen but the idea and find was @Carl I’m just an impulse buyer. Hahaha
To me it made sense and for $20, it was low risk. I like the vertacle nozzle @don_mannes built, this may be a good addition to that.

2 Likes

Looks great for a gasifier but l cant realy imagine how to use it on a chickhen :grinning: is this a part from a tool or is that cone a tool for deboneing?

1 Like

Youtube to your assistance. This time of year, I’d rather have ice cream on a cone.

7 Likes

If you have ever watched a chicken catching machine , raise your hand :joy:

5 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up Carl :grinning:

Well my chickhen catching machine is a .22 but not sure you ment that :wink:

3 Likes

Had a bird dog once that was a chicken catching machine.:grin:

When I was young kid at home we had a rod with a hook on it. Just throw the chickens some feed and reach in and get the one you wonted by the leg. The hook was just wide enough to go over it leg but it foot would slide through.

1 Like