Some school in Thailand

I find it amazing that the Monks have an interest in such things. I thought they gardened by hand and everything was by hand. Now that he understands char-gas, what are they actually using it for?
I did see one thing that confused me. He had two “shut of valves” . One was to allow the gas to be pulled up to the vacuum motor. The other seem to control the “gas” going to the engine. But there was no control on the air going to the engine. I thought we allowed the gas to flow and controlled the air. TomC

4 Likes

We find it amazing that Americans have an interest in such things. I mean, with all that money and soaked in cheap gasoline :wink:

7 Likes

Between 412 and 415 he turns the assembly around and you can see the valve otherwise it’s on the back side and hard to see

2 Likes

JO, after reading your post this was my first thought—Curiosity knows no boundaries, but is hard to come by in our day.

5 Likes

In the US I don’t think any of us are driving on wood because we can’t afford gasoline. We complain about the price of it even though we realize that in other countries it is so expensive that they price it by the liter (quart) instead of gallons. Personally, I just wanted to see if I could do it. I knew that it had been done big time in Europe during WWII. Almost no one in in the US knew about it. What is amazing over hear, is the number of people that are interested since the cat is out of the bag. TomC

8 Likes

Hi Don,

ครับ is that word, khrap/kap pronounced
it is a polite form to say a kind of “yes, or yes sir”

6 Likes

Hi Tom,

here is the sketch of what they build

4 Likes

mix of english and thai

3 Likes

What was the occasion of this get together. It sounded like some kind of a Budist school. Why was the one Budist getting all the attention for this gasifier. Weren’ others being instructed at the same time. TomC

3 Likes

Hi Tom,
This is one exhibition at a university, organised by the same monk from the same school, sharing the knowhow with the poor farmers.
The englisch speaking monk is one of the higher ranking monks in Thailand, praising the work and encouraging the sharing

8 Likes

progress made and lemons needed…

6 Likes

Very Cool vidio THANKS for sharing the good news, did you catch any farmers un aware of the gasification tecknoligy advancements you all have made.

2 Likes
12 Likes

Koen, that sure shows how nice the landscape is in your area of the world. Thanks for the ride.

6 Likes

Thanks for the ride Koen .

In my area I would expect to meet about 500-1000 cars for every motorcycle . ( and they would be big motorcycles )

Strange seeing very few cars on on the video while out DOW.

6 Likes

I never realized that you drive on the “wrong” side of the road in Thailand.

6 Likes

Hi Don, they call it the correct side of the road and we drive on the right side of the road. My friend Chris Mason in England corrected me in my statement years ago. When he was visiting me in the USA a few years back, he was driving and we pulled out of a gas station and ended up on the correct side of the road and not on the right side. That was scary. Lol
Bob

8 Likes

They drive on the right side of the road in Nam and our vehicle
followed the mine sweeping crews who were on foot. Yah, about 2- 3
miles per hour, EVERY DAY, starting at sunrise. As surveyors
we were on the roads on foot daily!.. Yes, you watch every step
even after the sweep. No, I never saw them find a mine, but every AM,
there was some vehicle blown to crap during night forays on that portion
of route 1 east from Dong Ha to Cam Lo, Camp Carrol, Rock Pile, LZ Stud (landing zone
Vandergrift, officially) and Khe Sahn (our survey route). At Khe Sahn you are VERY close
to the laotian border. HMMM, now that I’m 79, were those my
“good old days” :vietnam:

7 Likes

Drove a rental car in London a few years back. Steering wheel on the right side and shift stick on the “correct” side. Fortunately the pedals were mounted the way I’m used to.
Driving clockwise in the roundabouts made your head spin. This summer’s Chicago traffic was a piece of cake :smile:

11 Likes

I had a '51 Ford in hight school and I switched the shift on the tree over to the left side so I could drive/shift while keeping my right arm around my girl friend. None of the other kids could drive it because of the new shift pattern. TomC
JO That driving in Chicago must have been “fruit cake”— I don’t like it.

6 Likes