Some school in Thailand

I just taught my girl fiend to shift the 4 speed transmission stick on the floor for me and keep my arm around her. Lol
Bob

8 Likes
4 Likes

Just humming right along. I love that sound! Pepe

2 Likes

and some more students from a technical college…

8 Likes

Thanks for the video Koen :grinning:

4 Likes

Koen; Is the young lady that stepped in to set the flame on the stove; teaching the class? TomC

4 Likes

I liked the dog. He/she looked quite happy. :smiley:

2 Likes

Agreed. Anyone who can afford to build a wg truck can afford to buy gasoline here. It’s under $2 / gallon here right now. A few months ago I was in DRCongo where it costs $27/gallon.
Having said that, I am quite certain that once the truck is built, our family is saving significant amounts of money on fuel when we DOW as an everyday practice. Especially long trips.
I am about to do the books for tax season. I should have real numebrs on each of the vehicles for the year .

7 Likes

Is that possible? And I thought our $6-8/gallon gasoline was expensive.

An avarage family here may waste 10% of a net income on gasoline and another 10% on house heating. The thing with vehicle gasification is I can eliminate the transportation cost using only a fraction of the wood needed to heat my house.

7 Likes

where we work in DRCongo is very remote. Average wage is $.10/day. There is virtually no transportation system or regulatory body of any kind. So the only gasoline available is used in small motorbikes. Occasionally there is a supply truck that makes its way through and unloads some diesel at high prices. But mostly it’s a really dismal situation. Perfect place for wood gas technology I think.

8 Likes

popping up everywhere in Thailand now…

9 Likes
9 Likes

Koen,

Are the motorbikes two-stroke? If so, how are the engines oiled?

Can you share details of the most durable nozzle design currently being used?

It seems that as the father of the ThaiFire, you have started an energy revolution. I’m sure you are getting a lot of satisfaction in seeing what has been done in response to your efforts to promote this technology.

5 Likes

Koen; Could you possibly teach these people how to increase the compression ratio, of their engines by filing the heads down . The extra power would really help the performance of the tricycle. TomC

4 Likes

I am not sure about Thailand but in the Philippines it is common that they change the drive sprocket size to get more power rather than speed. They also mill the cylinder head some. It is unbelievable the loads these scooters move over there.

4 Likes
8 Likes

How is the fine filter arranged, two pipes fit, one pipe comes out, what’s inside the filter?

1 Like

Making charcoal and a cooking gasifier in action…

11 Likes

The last pipe functions as cyclone/cooler, the top have a foam sponge in it as filter

5 Likes

Tom,

One guy claims that he has used the following method on many racing small engines: up the compression a bit by eliminating the head gasket. Lap block and head with valve grinding compound on a piece of thick plate glass. Use a small amount of gasket goo (just enough to seal without squeezing into cylinder).

4 Likes