Thrive Off Grid

What about to ontario Matt? Standard postal ground usually works out cheapest. Call it camping equipment not stove…

5 Likes

I ship world wide I need to test this a little further yet before I put on the market. but I think Ive got it. If it will sustain then it will be ready. I am going to have to bring up the pricing some on the lower unit though. For the two together we are probably looking at around $700.00 plus shipping

One thing I need to build yet is the spark arestor. Im going to follow the plate style diffuser concept and this will screw onto the intake.

I meant the little rocket. Someday I’d love one of your big toys but that is not today…

1 Like

Good idea with the terminology. Some stoves are able to get away with out EPA certification, not sure how. But I think all new stoves now have to be certified. I dont think this stove will even have an issue though. but still cost money to get.

We can ship that to you. Tax duty will need to be paid on your part if it applies. Other than that you can order direct from the site.

So I absolutely love this little stove. With out automation, the user will need to actuate the grate at least once an hour to keep it going. I am going to offer it with out automation and with a simple grate shaker unit. Because this is designed for camping use, it will have both DC and AC input. So the user can use a car battery to power it and it will run for days as the motor is timed and only runs a few seconds at a time. This is how Im running it now and it runs very stable and will run the fuel out with out any intervention. For an RV installed then you have the choice to plug it into an outlet. So I have some updating I need to do yet and then videos, pictures and getting it all packaged up to put on the site. 001

5 Likes

So I just tried an experiment to try and see if I could perform a torification process using the fire box and pellet burner over top as a heat source. I chopped up some branches and run less than 30 minutes. What do you charcoal guys think??

3 Likes

Well I could have let it go a little longer the thicker ends didnt quite get there. Im going to make or see if I can find a pan with some sort of lid that will fit in there. So I dont make so much smoke when I take it out.003

3 Likes

So now that I know I can make charcoal relatively easy with this thing with minimal smoke out the chimney; Ive gone ahead and designed what will hopefully be an affordable charcoal unit. This will be the Enduro RocketFire C1000. The “C” stands for Charcoal and the 1000 is the intended power rating for it. There will be another wood version later based on new revelations based from the pellet fuel reactor add on to the pack stove. Im thinking on the pellet gasifiers I may be over thinking and complicating them. I think they need to be small with lots of air to make work. Im planning another HD rocket stove that will feature this reactor. Ive tried both sticks and pellets in it, they both work. Might be able to run chips in too.

4 Likes

Whipped up a simple filter that will connect via quick connects.

2 Likes

Nasa called you yet ?
I think you might slow down on your ability to create nice new things every five minutes or else to provide us, those who enjoy your work, a live stream capability, so we don’t miss a thing…

Do you ever find time to sleep ? :grin:

6 Likes

Actually this is slowing down, the development of the gasifiers was constant work. This is more fun, Im having a blast with the new stove, it is pretty cool. near freezing outside and if it weren’t for this stove so would I :slight_smile: Ive got a lot of ideas for simpler stuff I hope to roll out, so there will surely be lots more to come.

9 Likes

Ok so here we go again with another gasifier based on wood pellets. Going to be trying some brand new concepts combined with some features taken from the Flex R1. This is a jet less design with a two stage combustion process. It has a primary / pyrolysis combustion chamber and a secondary combustion process just below the primary. The reason I came up with the secondary chamber is in order to cut cost on this we need to use as little vendor bought items as possible. So this hearth has slots cut into it ash will eventually fall out from these slots like on the pellet fuel reactor for the stove. However that is self cleaning, on this reactor it would have no where to go and just accumulate. So there is a second set of slots to let in secondary air and ash should be able to flow through here. There is a cone in between the chambers to separate then and hopefully what will happen is the secondary combustion will be much like a charcoal reactor and boost temps in the reduction fro higher tar cracking. The lower part has our cross flow grate system. This as is with out automation I think we should be able to build for just less than $1000.00 This is a bit more involved then the stove but it share many of the parts from both the stove and pellet stove reactor. The hopper for the pellet stove and this gasifier are interchangeable ash / char clean out door is the same as on the stove with the same latching system etc. Hope it works because the small genny died on me today and need to run the bigger one but its a gas hog, would be a lot more economical to run it on pellets.

Here is what will be the Enduro Gasififier if it works :fire:

4 Likes

So everyone called in sick today, so I guess since I had the shop to myself Id continue this weekends development work and finished the construction of the Endure Pellet Gasifier.

Fired off this little bugger tonight, took a bit as I started on raw fuel no char bed established. Pretty cool Ive never seen a flare like this on a pellet machine ever. But too early to tell, the flare looks like it will run an engine but Ive been deceived with the TOG project so wont know till I actually run. Going to be running the 8750 gen with 420 cc engine. If it dont go into full melt down I think it will run, Check out the new primary air intake feed, no more pipe cap, In order to bring back the primary air heat exchanger for the Utility I needed a clever way to open air feed but also use this port as a means for lighting. This Im calling a step valve and it has a threaded rod that goes in the center of this plate valve. You simply fully remove it and light the machine through where it threads into. When you put it back in the threaded rod plugs this up after its lit. :fire:

130 131152154138142143

15 Likes

i can’t stop clicking “like”

5 Likes

Just make sure that it is an odd number of clicks.

6 Likes

No no no NO!! they must be even or as long as I dont know I guess ill be good. dang OCD anyways :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, if it is an even number you lose a like.

3 Likes

Pairs, it must be pairs, symmetry dammit!

4 Likes

So yeah I ran today didnt go so good. Got up and going and while it was flaring off I set up the generator and then it stopped!!! Could not get it going again, what is going on!! So had to go with the second chamber possibly burning out the char bed. So tore it apart and sealed that up. Put it back together and I was able to get to flare again. Ok so its fixed!!! got the genny up and going again and ran great and then fizzled out. UtOH!! Why did it do that? Ok maybe it bridged shook it up agitated the grate got it going. Kept running but something was just not right the conditions kept getting worse and worse until I run the generator with mixer valve all the way shut. Nope not supposed be able to do that. Got the genny back running on gas and flared the machine off and it was torching away. So step back like large steps back and fast!! haha. So yeah probably fixed some stuff that didnt need fixing. I knew this machine would get hot and I knew there was a possibility of burning out the high temp hose. It really never looked like it got cooked or anything so I didnt suspect it. But sure enough I after I ran I blew positive into the gasifier to see where the smoke would come out and its bleeding out the entire hose. So the fix is direct couple and eliminate the hose. So now I have to unfix what I did fix and run again. After sealing it off it did still seem to make good gas though, but not like last night. So I want to get back there and then tune. I do think it maybe too much for the top chamber to keep up with so Ill start out with smaller holes and adjust from there.

6 Likes