Well moving along here. Been running the Flex Mini here for a few weeks, ran into an issue, it started clogging up on me. Chased my tail around trying to figure out what was going on, so I decided to put a cross up inside the reduction that is welded to the grate. The only thing I could think of causing this was accumulation along the walls inside the reduction. Well I tore apart and found the actuator arm that rotates the grate was loose. So that was most likely the issue, but since I was already going to do this I and its a proto why not experiment with inserting the cross in there. So far so good, but not enough time with it to make any conclusion of whether or not its doing anything. Im working on a new mixer controller for it, that just uses an O2 sensor with out the use of any kit for the 5 volt conversion. Hope to have this up in action by end of day tomorrow.
So with this revelation of how this works, I am now working on another very small prototype for sawdust. This has a unique grate and jet planes are omitted and this one has stacked plates that are chambered to create jets and are angled. The air intake should swirl inside the void of the lower hearth bowl before contacting the fuel. The grate is a series of stacked rings each step up the ring gets smaller. This one is tiny so there is only three grate rings.
I started work on the new Evolution Mini, Im hopping to get this one complete to take along to argos along with the “Dustifier” and the Flex Mini prototype. The ovel construction method worked out well and was easier than anticipated. The crab steering turned out very well and is also simpler than the old version. This new machine is going to be much more compact and a better machine over all then the Utility predecessor.